5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny, sleek bouncy locks can be yours!
Published on February 1, 2005 by Lee Mellott

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved it while it lasted...
This hair dryer was the best while it lasted, about six months. My hair was less frizzy, dried quickly, and had a nice shine and a soft feel. Then one day I turned the hair dryer on and it began making a strange noise, popped with a spark and died. I'm considering buying a new one, but I've heard that these don't tend to last more than a year or so, and the price tag is a...
Published on January 1, 2009 by Stefanie

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny, sleek bouncy locks can be yours!, February 1, 2005
My husband recently asked me what the hairdresser did to make my hair look so sleek when she styled it. I used the same products as her and copied her techniques but my fine hair tended to be a bit frizzy. The next time I was at the hairdressers I paid closer attention. Same shampoo, conditioner, brush size and similar technique. As she blew my hair dry I realized the difference - she used a professional hair dryer. For years I have purchased inexpensive drugstore hairdryers that run about $20 and replaced them when they blew a fuse a year or so later. With a professional dryer she was able to dry my hair quicker and that combined with ceramic and ionic technology of the dryer she used cut out the frizzys!

After checking out several hair dryers including the one she used, I decided on the Babyliss Pro-Carrera. There were a number of reasons. It offers ceramic and ionic technology. The wattage 1900 is gentler than the 2000 but still powerful. AND a super selling point was that though the dryer is a professional model it is LIGHTER and more COMPACT than other professional dryers by about 25%. Yes I want nice toned arms but not from using a hairdryer. I wanted the dryer to be easy to maneuver.

The dryer has not disappointed. The styling is very euro-chic. Black with a matte finish. Not the shiny easily scratched surface of other models. Controls are easy to use. The handle is comfortable to hold. It has a heavy duty cord, overkill for my home perhaps but not a problem and the hairdryer is compact and not too heavy. The dryer comes with a concentrator nozzle which is not mentioned in the item description. This snaps on the dryer and concentrates the air where you want it to go.

And it dries beautifully. A powerhouse but very controlled - works great on my baby fine hair and dries my daughters thick locks in half the time of our cheapie models. And the good news is I understand it will last for years instead of breaking down within a short time period like the cheapie models. Plus its quiet!

Sleek styling, good looks and great results - a super hairdryer choice!

4.0 out of 5 stars True Coily(Kinky) Hair Review, August 28, 2005
For the kinky hair people, here is a review for you. I was having lots of hair breakage and decided to go to a hair loss specialist. She did not have kinky hair and told me to stop putting relaxers in my hair, or stretch retouches out to once every 3 months by using a ceramic flat iron to straighten my hair. She said that since beauticians have stopped basing the scalp, African American's scalps are damaged and causing thinning hair whereas they may have had thicker hair as children, or before relaxers. I thought she was incorrect because she did not have hair like mine, and therefore did not know how to treat it. There was no way that I could imagine going over six weeks without a retouch. I found a beautician that I thought could treat my hair. This beautician used a ceramic wet to set ceramic iron on my hair. My mind was blown at the silkiness and it remained intact in damp weather. The beautician said that some people are using ceramics instead of perms. I am now on the ceramic-ionic move and I am loving it. This dryer was amazing. I keep looking at my hair because it is so silky and shiny and I have not had a perm in nine weeks. I would now love to discontinue the use of relaxers and bring back my natural hair's elasticity by using ceramic hair appliances alone. I now see what the hair loss specialist was saying. Sisters-this is the dryer that you want to straighten your kinky hair. Why did I give it a 4 instead of a 5,the reviews were right about the poor location of the control switches, heavy weight and large size. They are not so favorable, but you will love you hair. You may want to ask a beautician about how to successfully straighten kinky hair while drying it. There is some technique involved. I hope that this review has helped you since reviews for Coily(kinky) hair are hard to find, but what we are looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, October 3, 2005
The hair dryer performs nicely, no complaints. The only problem found is that it is accidentally shut off often because of grip size and/or button location. It's a keeper even if this annoyance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually Does What It Promises, May 24, 2005
I am very impressed with both the design and performance of this hairdryer. Exceptionally well-made, it sports a very sleek, cushioned black body; is unusually lightweight - especially for a 1900 watt dryer - is comfortable to hold, and I did not experience any problems with accidentally changing the settings on the handle (hot,cold, on, off, cold shot, etc.). There is absolutely nothing flimsy in the design of either the switches or the body of the hairdryer. You won't run the risk of changing the settings by accident.

Regarding performance, I am amazed at the outstanding results. My thick, long, coarse and frizzy hair became so sleek (major improvement noticed after having used the dryer three times- I guess the effects are cumulative) that it looks like I took a flat iron to it. I didn't even use styling products!

It dried my hair in less time than my previous dryer, an 1800 watt, terribly heavy professional Elchim (non-ionic), and it did so without tiring my arms. My hair feels significantly lighter, flatter and smoother to the touch. The frizz was also eliminated and there is a noticeable boost in the shine.

The BaByliss dryer is an excellent value for the price. By contrast I paid about $90 for my Elchim and have used other professional dryers and none of these gave me the results that this product has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Over 5 years of daily use and still going strong!, September 2, 2009
Jessica McNamara (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I happened to be online looking for a travel hair dryer and thought I would weigh in on this my regular hair dryer . . . it is amazing. I've had this for more than 5 years and it is still going strong! If it does die I will absolutely buy this one again. I remember when I bought it it was more than $125 . . . a major investment but I figured I would go for it since the reviews were so good. I'm so pleased I did!

A few things to note:

1. It is heavier - more like the ones in the salon - but you get used to the weight quickly.
2. Cord is long but I think this is a good thing.
3. It can get hot so I generally use it on the warm setting.

My hair is fine and relatively thin . . . so it takes about 2 minutes to dry & style my hair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Love it!!!!!!!!!, December 26, 2009
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABP6685N Porcelain Ceramic Carrera2 Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I have very fine and thin hair. It dries my hair and without the Frizz Fly away of the conventional hairdryer. And OMG, its like a little slice of heaven when in comes to the noise department being the quitest hair dryer I have ever..... owned. The feel in your hand is fabulous, but I do agree with the other comments on button placement. They get in the way a little. A purchase you will not regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise!, July 18, 2005
I needed a new dryer. I saw this one and I thought, yea sure, how can this make my hair look better? My hairdresser said to by a professional model....So I did. Well it works!!!!!

I dried my hair and I used the same products as always, then I went to work and the 1st person I saw said "Your hair looks really shinny today!" - I almost fainted!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, May 6, 2007
JM "JM" (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
When I bought this product, I had decided I wanted a decent blow dryer but I wasn't ready to spend $200 on the T3 Tourmaline dryer quite yet.

I have been very happy with it, it can blow very hard and very hot. I have very thick hair, long curly hair and it has no problem getting it dry quickly. It has a slim handle and is easy to hold. I also purchased the diffuser separately, which is excellent. The dryer has never overheated on me. I would say it is a little on the heavy side, but I tend to prefer that over a dryer that feels cheap and plastic-y.

I happened to purchase it at a salon where they were selling about 10-12 high-end blow dryers. I consulted with one of the workers there who said that this one was also her favorite. Also has a nice long cord. Nothing bad to say about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this dryer!, November 24, 2005
K. MILLER-BANNAR (Cherry Hill, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I did a lot of research before purchasing this hair dryer. I read all of the reviews and compared brands. This model had high user ratings. I went to a beauty supply store and had the sales girl plug in and turn on several hair dryers. The Carrera is quiet and lighter than the others. It also has a lot of power. I have thick hair. It took less time to dry my hair and I like the way my hair feels when it's dry. I called my sister and recommended it to her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hair dryer for fine hair, September 26, 2012
J. P. McKay (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
After my 6+ year old 1875 watt Conair started making odd noises and I could sometimes smell burnt hair, I started researching new Conair's. But I thought it would make better sense to ask for a recommendation from my hair stylist, who promptly recommended the BaByliss brand. So I read dozens of reviews and specs on the various dryers made by BaByliss before realizing I just needed to pick one of the dryers.

After a month, I've been very happy with the Carrera2 - as many reviewers indicated, it dries your hair quickly, but that's never been my problem as I have poker-straight, very fine and glossy Chinese hair. My problems were fly-aways and lack of volume. My stylist said I should always use the concentrator to reduce fly-aways, so I immediately put the nozzle snugly onto the Carrera2 and have not removed it. I use 3 or 4 sprays of Oribe volumista at the roots, plus a little Oribe creme for style blended everywhere, and when I turn on the Carrera2 and focus it at my roots, I can literally watch the volume of my hair grow; I believe this is what makes the difference between a professional dryer versus a consumer one. I generally start at the "hot & high" setting, before quickly moving to "warm & high". I honestly can't see using the dryer at the hot setting for long on anybody - it's incredible how hot this dryer gets, considering it's only 25 watts more powerful than my old Conair.

I also like holding my hair dryers by the nozzle, as opposed to the handle. Some reviewers said the nozzle got too hot to hold, but I haven't had that issue at all, perhaps because my hair is so fine? And I do hold the Carrera2 by the handle, and do not find the switches annoying at all - you just have to get used to it.

When you consider how much many of us spend on cuts and cut & colors, shelling out $50 for a great hair dryer that you use almost every day is mice nuts.

BaByliss Pro BABP6685N Porcelain Ceramic Carrera2 Dryer