Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BaByliss Pro BABP6685N Porcelain Ceramic Carrera2 Dryer
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

My husband recently asked me what the hairdresser did to make my hair look so sleek when she styled it. I used the same products as her and copied her techniques but my fine hair tended to be a bit frizzy. The next time I was at the hairdressers I paid closer attention. Same shampoo, conditioner, brush size and similar technique. As she blew my hair dry I realized the difference - she used a professional hair dryer. For years I have purchased inexpensive drugstore hairdryers that run about $20 and replaced them when they blew a fuse a year or so later. With a professional dryer she was able to dry my hair quicker and that combined with ceramic and ionic technology of the dryer she used cut out the frizzys!

After checking out several hair dryers including the one she used, I decided on the Babyliss Pro-Carrera. There were a number of reasons. It offers ceramic and ionic technology. The wattage 1900 is gentler than the 2000 but still powerful. AND a super selling point was that though the dryer is a professional model it is LIGHTER and more COMPACT than other professional dryers by about 25%. Yes I want nice toned arms but not from using a hairdryer. I wanted the dryer to be easy to maneuver.

The dryer has not disappointed. The styling is very euro-chic. Black with a matte finish. Not the shiny easily scratched surface of other models. Controls are easy to use. The handle is comfortable to hold. It has a heavy duty cord, overkill for my home perhaps but not a problem and the hairdryer is compact and not too heavy. The dryer comes with a concentrator nozzle which is not mentioned in the item description. This snaps on the dryer and concentrates the air where you want it to go.

And it dries beautifully. A powerhouse but very controlled - works great on my baby fine hair and dries my daughters thick locks in half the time of our cheapie models. And the good news is I understand it will last for years instead of breaking down within a short time period like the cheapie models. Plus its quiet!

Sleek styling, good looks and great results - a super hairdryer choice!
11 comment|185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2005
For the kinky hair people, here is a review for you. I was having lots of hair breakage and decided to go to a hair loss specialist. She did not have kinky hair and told me to stop putting relaxers in my hair, or stretch retouches out to once every 3 months by using a ceramic flat iron to straighten my hair. She said that since beauticians have stopped basing the scalp, African American's scalps are damaged and causing thinning hair whereas they may have had thicker hair as children, or before relaxers. I thought she was incorrect because she did not have hair like mine, and therefore did not know how to treat it. There was no way that I could imagine going over six weeks without a retouch. I found a beautician that I thought could treat my hair. This beautician used a ceramic wet to set ceramic iron on my hair. My mind was blown at the silkiness and it remained intact in damp weather. The beautician said that some people are using ceramics instead of perms. I am now on the ceramic-ionic move and I am loving it. This dryer was amazing. I keep looking at my hair because it is so silky and shiny and I have not had a perm in nine weeks. I would now love to discontinue the use of relaxers and bring back my natural hair's elasticity by using ceramic hair appliances alone. I now see what the hair loss specialist was saying. Sisters-this is the dryer that you want to straighten your kinky hair. Why did I give it a 4 instead of a 5,the reviews were right about the poor location of the control switches, heavy weight and large size. They are not so favorable, but you will love you hair. You may want to ask a beautician about how to successfully straighten kinky hair while drying it. There is some technique involved. I hope that this review has helped you since reviews for Coily(kinky) hair are hard to find, but what we are looking for.
11 comment|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2005
The hair dryer performs nicely, no complaints. The only problem found is that it is accidentally shut off often because of grip size and/or button location. It's a keeper even if this annoyance.
on May 24, 2005
I am very impressed with both the design and performance of this hairdryer. Exceptionally well-made, it sports a very sleek, cushioned black body; is unusually lightweight - especially for a 1900 watt dryer - is comfortable to hold, and I did not experience any problems with accidentally changing the settings on the handle (hot,cold, on, off, cold shot, etc.). There is absolutely nothing flimsy in the design of either the switches or the body of the hairdryer. You won't run the risk of changing the settings by accident.

Regarding performance, I am amazed at the outstanding results. My thick, long, coarse and frizzy hair became so sleek (major improvement noticed after having used the dryer three times- I guess the effects are cumulative) that it looks like I took a flat iron to it. I didn't even use styling products!

It dried my hair in less time than my previous dryer, an 1800 watt, terribly heavy professional Elchim (non-ionic), and it did so without tiring my arms. My hair feels significantly lighter, flatter and smoother to the touch. The frizz was also eliminated and there is a noticeable boost in the shine.

The BaByliss dryer is an excellent value for the price. By contrast I paid about $90 for my Elchim and have used other professional dryers and none of these gave me the results that this product has.
on February 2, 2014
I read many reviews, some loved this thing...others swore it almost killed them. Well, I bought it & I have never been more pleased!I really, really, had jitters about this purchase. My hair dresser had mentioned the brand and after researching dyers online I settled on this one. It arrived in two days! I was so excited. It gives my fine, thin hair some amazing body and shine. It doesn't eliminate all the frizzies, but a little bit of product and water works for the fly-aways. It is light, quiet, and amazingly easy to use! I love this dryer, and for the results it is worth the extra money for the salon look every time.
on September 26, 2012
After my 6+ year old 1875 watt Conair started making odd noises and I could sometimes smell burnt hair, I started researching new Conair's. But I thought it would make better sense to ask for a recommendation from my hair stylist, who promptly recommended the BaByliss brand. So I read dozens of reviews and specs on the various dryers made by BaByliss before realizing I just needed to pick one of the dryers.

After a month, I've been very happy with the Carrera2 - as many reviewers indicated, it dries your hair quickly, but that's never been my problem as I have poker-straight, very fine and glossy Chinese hair. My problems were fly-aways and lack of volume. My stylist said I should always use the concentrator to reduce fly-aways, so I immediately put the nozzle snugly onto the Carrera2 and have not removed it. I use 3 or 4 sprays of Oribe volumista at the roots, plus a little Oribe creme for style blended everywhere, and when I turn on the Carrera2 and focus it at my roots, I can literally watch the volume of my hair grow; I believe this is what makes the difference between a professional dryer versus a consumer one. I generally start at the "hot & high" setting, before quickly moving to "warm & high". I honestly can't see using the dryer at the hot setting for long on anybody - it's incredible how hot this dryer gets, considering it's only 25 watts more powerful than my old Conair.

I also like holding my hair dryers by the nozzle, as opposed to the handle. Some reviewers said the nozzle got too hot to hold, but I haven't had that issue at all, perhaps because my hair is so fine? And I do hold the Carrera2 by the handle, and do not find the switches annoying at all - you just have to get used to it.

When you consider how much many of us spend on cuts and cut & colors, shelling out $50 for a great hair dryer that you use almost every day is mice nuts.
on December 6, 2015
I have been needing a GOOD hairdryer for a while. My husband likes to use it in the bathroom in the winter to warm himself up (LOL) He burned up 2 of my dryers, so I just went to WalMart to buy a cheep one so it didn't matter if it burned up or not, cheep enough to replace. The WalMart oone started damaging my hair over drying it & my hair become more brittle & breaking. So I asked my hair dresser what she used on me at the salon. She also offered to get one for me but they were $149.00 OUCH. So I came to my second favorite Retail store, Amazon. I read reviews as much as I review products Good or Bad.

PROs:
To my surprise I found it for 1/3 the price here.

I really love this dryer! The motor sound is much different & quitter. It dries in half the time & I have noticed a difference in the texture of my hair. I am seeing less hair breakage. Lighter weight than my old WM dryer.

CON's:
The only thing I have found is the directional flow attachment doesn't stay on as well & because the nozzle is smaller in diameter my hair diffuser is too large to snap on. I will be looking on here to find the diffuser attachment to by that will fit, but that is easy fix. Nice dryer for the price!

Other reviewers commented the buttons are in a awkward spot. It was a bit different to get use to, but I like having them there now & I can easily switch from Warm to hot & cool without looking now.
on April 10, 2016
Pros:
drys my hair fast
Feels heavy duty
Long cord
Less frizz

Cons:
BURNED my hair off
Gets really hot
Some people complain it's heavy

I was using the concentrator nozzle with a round brush and the tip touching the round brush singed a chunk of my hair off. Since that happened I stopped using the nozzle unless the heat is on low. My cousin and aunt are hairdressers and they said this blow dryer gets too hot on that high setting. Since then I use the low setting or I skip the nozzle when I want it hot. I also recommend using a product that protects the hair from the heat. I will keep it but I'll be way more careful.
review image
on January 1, 2009
This hair dryer was the best while it lasted, about six months. My hair was less frizzy, dried quickly, and had a nice shine and a soft feel. Then one day I turned the hair dryer on and it began making a strange noise, popped with a spark and died. I'm considering buying a new one, but I've heard that these don't tend to last more than a year or so, and the price tag is a bit high to keep replacing it.
on August 25, 2015
Nozzle "pops off". The dryer itself works great, but the nozzle does not snap on so after a couple uses when the dryer it turned on the nozzle pops off and will not stay on at all. So if you don't use the nozzle this dryer is great. I am returning and buying a different model. Plus it is a little heave compared to my previous Babyliss Pro.