5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer
Published on July 13, 2010 by Paddington

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer but.....
I only use Babyliss tool... This dryer is Really powerful. It dries the hair quickly, but my issue is as a licensed cosmetologist i wouldn't recommend for salon use. Only because the concentrator always falls off. & it gets kinda annoying after a while. i i i do recommend this dryer & i would give 5 stars if the nozzle stayed on.
Published 16 months ago by kelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, July 13, 2010
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABTTW5586 TT Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I got this haridryer as a replacement for my t3 Evolution ($300 and overheated constantly). My hairdresser had a Babyliss one, and I wasn't ready to spend that much money on a hairdryer again, so after some research I chose this one. I love it. It is lightweight, powerful, and makes my hair shiny and easy to style. I would definitely recommend as it is also very affordable. Drugstore hairdryers just won't do the job. This dries thick hair in half the time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer but....., August 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blow dryer, July 22, 2011
This blow dryer was in the Mirage hotel in Vegas after using it a few times I found it online and bought it. I love it. Dries in 1/2 the time and leaves hair softer than others I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, affordable and does the job well!, November 26, 2012
Great professional hairdryer. I bought this because my hairdresser uses it. It's lightweight, has six settings to use and does not dry out my hair. I have fine thin hair so I love that the heat and air flow settings can be changed. Cord is long but not at all bulky. I would buy this again!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Believer, June 22, 2011
apensive1 (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I did a lot of research before settling on this blow dryer. I was willing to invest in a higher-end dryer but was skeptical as to whether or not the performance would be worth the investment. I have been pleasantly surprised. This dryer does an excellent job. It's pretty fast, can crank out lots of air and heat, looks good, and leaves my hair silky smooth. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's slightly heavier than I would like, and slightly louder than I would like. But again, only "slightly", and I'm the first to admit that nothing is perfect. Still, this dryer is pretty close to perfect. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Hairdryer, January 13, 2011
ljmck (Central California) - See all my reviews
I'm nuts about this hairdryer. A major step up from the drugstore clunkers I've always had! It's very comfortable to hold and feels well put together and sturdy, even though it's light in weight.

Compact, but extremely powerful, so it dries quickly. The buttons are set into the handle a bit, so you don't change speeds or heat accidentally. There's both a cool setting and a cool-shot button. The settings are well regulated, so the heat is hot without burning and does not dry out my hair, but leaves it soft and silky.

The cord is super long and has a little loop built into it near the handle, so you could hang it if you wanted to. No more ugly black cord -- wonderful!

It's a pearly sort of white. Nifty.

Best of all, it's much quieter than any hairdryer I've ever had. No screeching background sound. I was starting to use earplugs with my old hairdryer; with this one, that is not at all necessary.

I've owned a lot of hairdyers in my life. This is the best ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use in the salon, January 13, 2013
This is a really great item, I use it in the salon daily. It is lightweight and get's some really good heat flow. Only complaint is that it is hard to find a replacement nozzle, and that the buttons are in a poor place. I find myself turning the settings to "cool" from hot during a blowout quite often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used it the minute it arrived...I am amazed!, August 21, 2012
I have never believed that a device that just blows air has been worth the kind of money the salon dryers cost--i admit it. I recently got my shoulder length hair cut into an angled bob, which requires me to actually style my hair as opposed to the "ponytail every day" habit that I had fallen into. As such I was really frustrated with my Conair $40 dryer, even though it was "ionic.". My newly short hair still took a long time to dry and I couldn't get it smooth with a good round brush, so I was having to use my chi straightening iron after I blew it out and still wasn't thrilled. I was at a friend's house when she got her daughter out of the bath and watched her blow her thick,super-long hair dry in less time than it was taking me to get my short hair dry at home. It was this Babyliss dryer. So I ran home, found it on amazon for much less than retail, ordered it with Prime shipping on Friday and have been waiting. I took my daughter to swim class this morning with dirty hair and a hat because I knew this was being delivered this afternoon! So it arrives, I shoo the kids into the basement, and washed my hair. I decided to try it with no product, just my normal shampoo and conditioner. HOLY SMOKES. It took quite literally 5 or 6 minutes TOPS from sopping wet and then towel dried to styled. And I mean STYLED. I look like I paid for a blowout, my hair is shiny and bouncy and looks so healthy! My 6 year old has the same haircut as me and I can't wait till her bath tonight to blow dry her hair, lol! I can't say anything yet about how long it wil last, but I am currently 100% thrilled with this product! I always have thought it was more technique than the tool, but I can't believe how fast and easy it was to get my hair looking like I went to a Blow-Dry bar! I never would have thought the dryer could make such a difference! If you're a skeptic like me...Try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 7, 2012
I got this dryer after doing lots of research - if I was going to spend more money on a dryer, I wanted to be sure to get something good. This dryer definitely delivers. It's quiet, not too heavy and fits nicely in my hand. With the previous dryer I was using, my hand would get tired from holding it after just a short while, but not with this one. The cord is nice and long, which is a definite plus. Also, I had read reviews of other models of Babyliss dryers having a problem with the concentrator staying on, so I was a little concerned about that happening with this one. Not a problem at all, though, because the concentrator actually snaps into place on the end of the nozzle. I like the multiple heat and power settings and most importantly, my hair looked amazing after using it. I definitely noticed a difference in the movement and volume of my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coiffered in Boston, July 11, 2011
After having had dozens of hairdryers over the past 25 years, for myself and my two daughters, this BaByliss was recommended by my sister as the best she had ever used. I bit the bullet, and ordered one, and have to say it is everything the reviewers say it is: not expensive, lightweight, powerful, quiet and the nozzle is wide for styling. This is replacing a hairdryer that my stylist uses, but it's way too heavy and noisy. This BaByliss is terrific and I may just order 2 more for my daughters!

BaByliss Pro BABTTW5586 TT Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer