5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance, February 8, 2013
Dan (Miami, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
This is a packaging together of the Babel Deluxe CD, Live at Red Rocks audio, and The Road to Red Rocks DVD (which is the Live at Red Rocks show with some conversation in between songs). If you are coming across this, you are probably familiar with Babel, which is my favorite release of 2012. The extra songs on the Deluxe CD are good, especially The Boxer cover. I already owned the Babel standard CD, plus a live version of The Boxer, so I bought this because from what I'd heard Mumford and Sons brings it live (especially the last couple of years). It was either buy the MP3 Live at Red Rocks CD, or pay a few bucks more and get the Deluxe CD and DVD as well. I went that direction. The film is well shot, but honestly to me, the extra interview and pretty views shots were unnecessary additions. In fairness, those kind of things don't interest me in general, I just want the show.

Now the real jewel here is the Live at Red Rocks CD. The band is tight, sounds excellent, and brings the energy. This is a case of the live performance outpacing the studio versions. It's an excellent show, and as per the usual, the Red Rocks venue is spectacular.

I highly recommend this. If you don't want to splurge for this version, at least download the MP3 album. And if you care about such things, the packaging is pretty cool.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars More like Amazing & Sons, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
This is definitely a great album and I've enjoyed every song on it. It comes with the full album, a copy of there live album, and a DVD of them playing there live album. They sound exactly the same live as they do on the album, which is definitely hard to come by these days. BUY IT NOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
Cool packaging and book. Although I already had Babel it was worth it for the live Red Rocks version. These guys are great and I'm looking forward to seeing them in Sept at the Guthrie GOTR stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars great music-energetic, sentimental, skillful, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
great music, great vocals, invigorating, I can't believe I've just appreciated them. More please! Hope to catch them in consert!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
Even though the majority of the songs are in the Babel CD, I'm not disappointed. Be sure to get this and listen to "The Boxer" - fantastic rendition of Simon & Garfunkels' hit. They put their spin on it and it was well worth buying this CD just for that song.
You won't regret it.
HamItUp

4.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat!, March 23, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
Good music, but as usual one song is the best in CD. I did enjoy the upbeat music of this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars The new folk music for the tens (2010s), September 23, 2013
Michael Jimenez (Santa Monica, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
I grew up on the Eagles, Jackson Browne and Creedence Clearwater Revival and I believe that Mumford & Sons will be the same for this generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
Loving the Babel album! Al music lovers can appreciate the beauty of the lyrics and the natural driving force of the music!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was perfect!, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
My daughter requested a cd by this group. She loved the music and was excited that a dvd was also included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 23, 2013
This review is from: Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition (Audio CD)
I absolutely love Mumford and Sons. I managed to stumble across the Red Rocks concert on HBO so I had to purchase the albums immediately.I'd recommend this one instead of buying Babel cd and Sign No More separately(that's what I did). I prefer the live versions of the songs so an audio recording is pretty sweet deal. The dvd has a few songs that weren't in the HBO version, which is a really nice surprise. I highly recommend this for anyone (I normally listen to hard rock and metal but I've been playing Mumford and Sons nonstop for almost 3 months). Marcus has an amazing voice, I'd like to meet him one day (totally off topic, I know). The casing I think should of been a little different, the CD's that are on the front and back are a little stubborn to come out and I noticed a few scratches. But I do like all pictures that was incorporated into the packet, pretty fancy compared to the normal plastic cases.

Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition
Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition by Mumford & Sons (Audio CD - 2013)
Click for more info
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.