Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

90%
10%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 8, 2013
This is a packaging together of the Babel Deluxe CD, Live at Red Rocks audio, and The Road to Red Rocks DVD (which is the Live at Red Rocks show with some conversation in between songs). If you are coming across this, you are probably familiar with Babel, which is my favorite release of 2012. The extra songs on the Deluxe CD are good, especially The Boxer cover. I already owned the Babel standard CD, plus a live version of The Boxer, so I bought this because from what I'd heard Mumford and Sons brings it live (especially the last couple of years). It was either buy the MP3 Live at Red Rocks CD, or pay a few bucks more and get the Deluxe CD and DVD as well. I went that direction. The film is well shot, but honestly to me, the extra interview and pretty views shots were unnecessary additions. In fairness, those kind of things don't interest me in general, I just want the show.

Now the real jewel here is the Live at Red Rocks CD. The band is tight, sounds excellent, and brings the energy. This is a case of the live performance outpacing the studio versions. It's an excellent show, and as per the usual, the Red Rocks venue is spectacular.

I highly recommend this. If you don't want to splurge for this version, at least download the MP3 album. And if you care about such things, the packaging is pretty cool.

Enjoy!
on April 11, 2013
This is definitely a great album and I've enjoyed every song on it. It comes with the full album, a copy of there live album, and a DVD of them playing there live album. They sound exactly the same live as they do on the album, which is definitely hard to come by these days. BUY IT NOW!!!
on April 1, 2013
Cool packaging and book. Although I already had Babel it was worth it for the live Red Rocks version. These guys are great and I'm looking forward to seeing them in Sept at the Guthrie GOTR stop.
on June 10, 2013
Even though the majority of the songs are in the Babel CD, I'm not disappointed. Be sure to get this and listen to "The Boxer" - fantastic rendition of Simon & Garfunkels' hit. They put their spin on it and it was well worth buying this CD just for that song.
You won't regret it.
HamItUp
on March 31, 2013
great music, great vocals, invigorating, I can't believe I've just appreciated them. More please! Hope to catch them in consert!
on October 4, 2013
I am not going to lie... at first, I wasn't a very big fan of Mumford & Sons. I bought the first album and thought it was decent but nothing I would want to spend money to witness in person. Then one night as I was flipping through movie channels, The Road to Red Rocks film was scheduled to play at 2 a.m. and I couldn't stay up to watch it. So, I set my DVR to record it so I could watch it later. After watching them perform live, I gained a whole new respect for them. After watching the DVR movie channel version about 10 or more times, I realized that I had to purchase this film for myself! But more than anything, I wanted to be able to listen to it in my car.

So when I went to amazon to see how much a DVD and/or an audio CD of that same show was going to cost, I found this deluxe edition of their newest album that also included a version of the film on DVD as well as an audio recording.. all for a few dollars more than just the DVD alone! I bought three of them as they make great gifts! Also, not only does the film look & sound better than the DVR recording I had originally watched, it also had more songs than the movie channel version had shown!

There's something great about watching this band live as opposed to listening to an album. To me, it is what makes them go from a decent band to a great band! The album is great, the bonus tracks are good and the film is a MUST SEE for all Mumford & Sons fans!
on August 23, 2014
The evolution of the folk-rock music genre is nearing perfection with Mumford and Sons' "Babel - Gentlemen of the Road Edition" if that's possible and I believe it is! (I know that many of my "other" music genre friends are probably doing primal screams at this point in my review and probably mumbling impolite comments. Ha-ha! But they know what I write is true!) I stumbled quite by accident onto Mumford and Sons! Over the years I have gotten to know and enjoy this group's predecessors, and I can only conclude that they are quite genius in their music composition, as well as very talented musicians-singers, performers, etc. Great music. But I guess many of you already knew this!
on December 8, 2013
This three disc set totally ROCKS!!! It includes Babel (a deluxe version with 3 extra songs, one being a cover of The Boxer), a CD of a live concert of Mumford and Sons at Red Rocks. The third disc is a DVD and is the best of all (to me)! Follow the boys on their tour of the US ending up with the full-concert LIVE at RED ROCKS. The live DVD includes a fantastically beautiful song, Thistles and Weeds. As a folk musician, I love the sound of acoustic instruments. Even live, they had an acoustic upright piano on stage with them. There is no electronic way to produce the full, profound sound of acoustic folk-rock. On top of all that, to see them play live is mind-blowing. They give it all away, and don't hold anything back; a very physical band. Before and after each song, the crowd went absolutely NUTS. BUT...as soon as Mumford's glorious harmonies sailed out, echoing around Red Rocks, the crowd was hushed completely, not wanting to miss a single note. There was so much respect for their craft. Therefore, none of the frustrations of other live DVD's are present.
on February 6, 2015
This is like their previous album. Its PERFECT. But, the bonus with this album is you get more than 1 album! I wasn't a fan of live versions of songs for the longest time. But I have since then, learned to like and in some cases, LOVE live versions. This album deliveres everything and more that you'd want in a Mumford and Sons album. I played this album over and over again, for weeks. I can't rant about it and tell anyone how great it is, more than that. BUY IT!
on April 4, 2014
Saw the video first on TV and went looking for the Gentlemen of the Road live disc and found this. I already had Babel but figured it was a necessary "evil" to get it again and the price wasn't bad anyways. Love the disc and have turned a couple of friends onto and they fell hard :-). Got this and the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack (which had the included MP3 downloads) and they're both at the top of my playlist. I wish this set had the MP3's for my phone but that was easy enough to remedy and I can choose the quality.

Next wish is to get them on Vinyl if they become available.