"Without a doubt, Baby 411 is definitely among the best books ever written for parents and caregivers regarding the appropriate and very logical approach to infant and child care. It is cleverly written, easy to understand, well organized, and often extremely humorous. Parents, grandparents, and anyone responsible for the rearing and day-to-day care of children should have this book available as a ready resource. I do!"
-Jan Drutz, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine
From the Back Cover
You are having a baby! Congratulations! Now, the reality hits you—what the heck am I doing? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those parents who've come before you . . . and mix it with the solid medical advice from an nationally-renowned pediatrician? Baby 411 is the answer! Think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new parents. Inside you'll learn:
- How to pick a pediatrician with savvy questions to ask and insider tips.
- Sleep. The best way to get your baby to sleep through the night.
- First aid—when to worry, when not . . . and what to do when baby gets sick. No-nonsense, down-to-earth advice you can trust.
- Fussy baby 411. Is it colic? Acid reflux? Or something else? Discover the secrets to soothing a fussy baby.
- Detailed nutrition info with a step-by-step guide for successful breastfeeding, introducing solid food and the ‘‘new and improved'' formulas. Plus: simple steps to avoid food allergies!
- Is my baby normal? Learn how your baby will grow and develop!
New in this revised 5th edition:
- Does your baby need extra vitamins? We'll give the low-down on the new Vitamin D recommendations and more
- Sleep safety: what you need to know about the drop-side crib ban, sleep positioners, crib bumpers and more
- Does formula lead to obesity? We'll look at the latest research
- The vaccine-autism hoax: what you need to know about this controversy
- How to protect your baby from whooping cough
All that and more in the new, updated and revised BABY 411!