4.0 out of 5 stars It really walks!
Published on September 26, 2012 by Jennifer Sicurella

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Published on January 15, 2013 by Dz

4.0 out of 5 stars It really walks!, September 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years, we've amassed a huge collection of toys that claim to walk, crawl, dance, etc. yet all they seem to do is fall over and writhe on the floor. Imagine my surprise when Baby Wanna Walk actually walked across the room. We have tile, wood flooring and carpets in the house and the doll can manage to walk on all of these surfaces. That alone made this doll a complete win for me.

My 5 year old loves that the doll talks to her, in addition to the walking. It says a variety of things and I'm pretty sure my daughter is convinced it's having an intelligent conversation with her. If anything, it impresses her that the doll does more than just call her mama.

Of course, my 3 year old has stole the doll on occasion and has given it her version of rigorous durability testing by beating the heck out of it and dropping it down the stairs multiple times. The doll has continually escaped unscathed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A truly enhanced pretend mommy/baby experience!, November 12, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many little girls love to play with dolls and this one really sets up a situation where the child can interact with the toy in a truly more "pretend" baby scenario.

The doll speaks and actually can walk on her own. It almost seems as if it is communicating with the child -- very appealing for toddlers who are walking themselves and even older to maybe preteens. Little girls seem to love to play "mommy" and when the doll can "talk" it makes it seem more real to them. The doll is made of plastic, has a cute and colorful outfit, and actually does walk unsupported on linoleum and short carpet. I didn't try it on other surfaces, but I was impressed that it didn't need to be held onto and could stand on its own and move. No stair climbing though :)!

The doll has about 40 phrases and says them randomly though sometimes it seems almost like it knew which one to say! The "talking" can be initiated by the press of a button on the doll's chest but also when she is walking she talks spontaneously.

The doll comes with batteries (4 - AA) so you won't have any tears if this is a birthday or holiday gift! I believe it would be more appreciated by little girls older than 3 and by any who love playing pretend with dolls.

If this is important to you, note that doll is also available in other than this blonde model: Baby Wanna Walk, Brunette and Baby Wanna Walk, African American.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
As a mother, I knew this toy had a lot more hype than was warranted. What I mean is that my 4 year old daughter wanted this toy more than anything for Christmas, never having seen it in real life or played with it. But it lost its appeal rather quickly. After helping the doll "learn to walk" several times it gets pretty boring. It is made of hard plastic so she can't really cuddle and carry the doll or do much else with it. Even though I expected this outcome, I still purchased it for the excitement on her face on Christmas morning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good walking, inexplicably bi-lingual., October 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 17-month old daughter loves this doll, and is able to get it on its feet and activate its walking mode. She also gets a kick out of tickling its tummy until it squirms.

The walking aspect is a little curious - sometimes the toy will intentionally walk poorly, while shouting "don't let go!" Letting go during this phase usually results in the doll tipping over, and saying "Whoa! I'm okay." After this phase, the doll will shout to be unhanded, so she can walk on her own, which usually succeeds, followed by an "I did it!" Activating the walking mode is a little challenging. It appears to involve some combination of lifting and twisting one or both arms, repeatedly, until the doll gets the hint.

The other interaction with the doll involves pressing a large button on her tummy, that first causes her to laugh, and, when pressed repeatedly, causes her to wiggle her legs too.

The legs of the doll can be articulated, at the hip, to put the doll in a seated position. She doesn't appear to move her legs once placed in this position.

There is a three-position switch on the back of her neck: one mode is "demo," one is off, and one is a regular "on" mode. I can't determine a difference between the demo and on modes.

Whatever mode she's in, she curiously lapses into Spanish sometimes, exchanging "Hi Mommy" for "Ola Mommy," etc. Switching the power off and back on returns her to English mode. I don't see any discussion in the manual of how to place her permanently into one language or the other.

All told, this is a cute doll with reasonably good bipedal walking that engages and entertains my little girl, and will probably do the same for yours. Bonus: she'll be getting some bilingual exposure!

1.0 out of 5 stars From our perspective - 2 year old and this doll, December 16, 2013
J. Boyter (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
This was purchased for my 27 mo old daughter who, initially, seemed very interested. I swapped out the demo batteries to get her to do more and it became less interesting. I think my daughter played with it maybe 5 minutes, twice, and wasn't very enthused by it.

She seemed to walk fine, but she also talked too much. Instead of really "interacting", she was just spouting off her phrases regardless of what my daughter was doing. So, my two year old was sitting in front of her staring at her as the doll just blabbed away until the stupid thing finally just got quiet.

When she'd ask to hold hands to help her walk, she wouldn't walk, but when you weren't ready, she'd try to walk.

And, I don't know if anyone else is like this, but I couldn't stand listening to this "baby" talk like she was 6.

None of us are much into baby dolls, so that doesn't really help, but I was hopeful this would grab my daughter's usually long attention span. And, it didn't :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, August 24, 2013
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
I bought this doll for my great-granddaughter for this Christmas. It is so cute and Im sure she will love it, I did. It was a good deal for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
help her walk put her to bed this doll is the best baby alive ever pretty annoying but cool i think five star

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Doll, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
I ordered this doll for my grandaughter's 4th birthday and it's adorable. She owns all of the Baby Alive dolls, and I know that this one will be one of her favorites. It's as cute in person as it is in the picture...I know that my grandaughter will spend lots of time playing with her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Wanna Walk, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
It was to my exception as well the delivery period was perfect, but i do have a point here is the prices and the delivery charges !!!!! it should less by 15% at least.
Thank you for your quick services.

5.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter was so excited, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Baby Wanna Walk (Toy)
I gave her the doll for Christmas last year and she just loved it. She plays with it all the time.

Baby Wanna Walk