5.0 out of 5 stars Very good follow up to the first Baby Babble
This is a very good follow up to the original Baby Babble. The first one was very helpful for our speech-delayed two year old. We like it so much that we pre-ordered this one from Amazon when it first came out.

The DVD has 4 sections.
Published on January 18, 2008 by W. Tan

3.0 out of 5 stars Daughter prefers Baby Babble 1
My daughter seems to be scared of a number of the toys shown on this DVD. She really enjoyed BB1 and was v happy to sit through it, but number 2 is scary... for her anyway (she's 14 months and has never shown any signs of being scared of other DVDs). I think this is completely personal to my child, your child may like it just as much as number 1. I cant pinpoint why she...
Published on February 15, 2011 by A. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good follow up to the first Baby Babble, January 18, 2008
W. Tan (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The DVD has 4 sections.
1. The main video which focus on objects/words with P, B, M sounds. All of which are introduced and sounded out through pretend play, toys in action, etc. It makes the DVD more "interactive" than just watching flashcard style presentation. After several viewing, our son started to repeat the words and also do pretend play with his toys.

Also, interjected between the video clips of toys and pretend play are the two speech pathologists showing how to make "P", "B" and "M" sounds with their mouth. These two ladies have gotten an updated hairstyle and a lot less "stiff"/serious than the original video. This is a great improvement second times around.

It also introduce some basic concepts like colors (Purple, Blue, etc.) and counting (1, 2, 3).

Overall, the video is about 30 minutes.

2. The main video is follow by a parents guidance section which the two speech pathologist describe methods that parents can use at home to encourage their child to practice P, B, M sounds at home like blowing bubbles or on the cotton ball. There are some excellent advice here.

3. The third section shows the two speech pathologist using sign language and sound out some main objects/concepts (Thank you, please, more, music, etc.) show in the video. This is a good section reinforce the main video. The sign language section might be more helpful for younger toddlers/babies who may not be able to sound out the words.

4. Finally, it shows all the toys and their manufacturer featured in the main video. We have found a few toys we like from this video and have subsequently purchased it for our son.

Overall, I highly recommend both Baby Babble 1 and 2 to parents who wants to share more educational videos with their kids during TV time. This is especially helpful for parents with children who may be speech-delayed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will help your child!, July 26, 2010
My little boy is turning 3, and around the time he was 2 years and 2 months old, his doctor was saying that he wasn't talking enough and should be checked out by a speech therapist. I was angry, because you don't want the medical community telling you there is something wrong with your child when there is nothing there, and because I didn't know what to do. I hate these "how to" parent books, but wanted some techniques that might help him want to talk. I saw Baby Babble 1 and 2 reviews here on Amazon and ordered both. My son really got into them immediately and started asking for ba-ey ba-el. He would make all the noises along with the therapist when he watched and dance around and smile during the program. He just really loved it! His speech since then has come along way. We have employed the use of flash cards with phonics and I work on getting him to make the faces I make to help him pronounce things. Most 3 year olds talk more than he does, but don't exhibit some of the other qualities he does in terms of writing, how quickly he picks up things, patience and other skills that are advanced. Baby Babble 1 and 2 were great first steps in helping him to talk and I am greatful for them.

Note:
We originally purchased Your Baby Can Read before Baby Babble and he didn't get into it at all, so we sent it back. But now, he has seen the Your Baby Can Read commercial on a tv program we recorded for him and always points to and now gives the impression that he wants to watch it. I would recommend for parents who are experiencing a speech delay to start with Baby Babble 1 and 2, Brainy Baby English and then after 8 months of those DVD's and other techniques (reading daily, flash cards, singing the alphabet and songs- all things I did with my child to help him along), when your child hits that mimicking phase and you are seeing a steady growth, consider the Your Baby Can Read set. We have not re-purchased it yet, but it seems like now he's ready when he wasn't before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Babies...Great for Apraxia & Autism, June 20, 2008
Ballet Mom "Mom2Boys" (Dumfries, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I just have to say that both of these videos are a hit with my boys. I have a nearly 5 year old son that has Autism and Apraxia. I got the first video when he was less than a year old. It used to be the only thing that calmed him down when he started to tantrum or melt down. I used to be amazed by the calming affect it had on him. Besides the fact that these videos are very addicting to young children, they are also great for helping with speech. My son is articulating his P, B, M words so much better now that he's been watching the 2nd video...they really do learn from these. Not to mention, my nearly 3 year old neurotypical son is just as addicted as his older brother. I love watching the two of them interact with each other as they are watching these videos. I especially love that there are a couple of popular characters in the 2nd video...particularly Thomas and Elmo. My boys get soooo excited when they see the Thomas toy as they are both addicted to Thomas. I like the sign language portion of the videos too and both boys enjoy it. My autistic son even likes to watch the parent tutorials. I think he is just soothed by the music and Amy and Corey's voices. Anyway, if you are considering this...just go ahead and buy it. You won't be sorry you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars gotta love it, January 4, 2014
My son struggled with speech when he was 2. yes i was concerned at 2 because he wasnt saying anything other than "go". As i later discovered it was only temporary and my son now talks like an adult, he is 4 now. however i still wanted to purchase these videos to get him to talk and they helped a lot! he could make sounds the p and the bs ...he was also showing keen interest in movement of lips as they made sounds in the video... loved it a lot.
however my one piece of advice to anyone concerned about speech is please do not get all stirred up if ur child is not talking at 2...thats just the way some kids are...my second child started talking at 2.5 and i was absolutely okay with that because i had seen how his brother talked after 2. Read a lot, talk to them a lot and they shud be fine:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love baby babble, December 30, 2013
My son is 2.5 yrs old and Has a speech delay. He's been watching the baby babble 1 DVD and loves it. I'd say he's learnt a lot of it. I wish I knew about baby babble sooner. The videos arnt long which is great bcuz it keeps his attention. My son had been watching baby einstein videos since 6 months and learnt nothing! And right after watching baby babble he stating mimicking and copying the video . After a few time of watching he started saying the sounds and words. It's a great video I highly recommend them. I suggest watching baby babble 1 first and not go to baby babble 2 until your child is really ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Babble, July 3, 2008
My son worked with a speech therapist for 6 months before we got this dvd. Within 3 weeks of watching it, his vocabulary has doubled. I could not recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Baby Einstein, January 10, 2014
It really is amazing how this is the only show that completely captivates my baby. I can have any number of other shows on and trust me we own them all, yet I put this on and he crawls over to the tv and starts babbling back at it. Baby Einstein is good but this is just a little better. The speech therapist girls do a great job and both my babies love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my autistic 3 1/2 year old!!, November 25, 2013
My son is autistic with delayed speech and he LOVES Baby Babble!! We now alternate between the original Baby Babble and Baby Babble 2, and he wants to watch them over and over. I hear him frequently repeating the sounds and words he hears, and that is really good for his speech. Great DVD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What All Late Talkers Parents Really want to know....keep reading...So Excellent, Better then Baby Babble 1..., September 25, 2013
So Excellent, Better then Baby Babble 1...
One of my sons is a super talker, but his twin brother is a LATE talker. ( They are 35 months old)
All late talker's parents want to know..."did this get your child to talk?" We have had this for a week & have watched it every day & my late talker feels very comfortable trying to imitate these ladies, he is much more comfortable imitating them then anyone else on TV or in our house!!! Including Dora, Barney...Mommy (me), Daddy or brother.
This video is helping the late talker soooo much while keeping the Super talker totally engaged & entertained!
The two Speech developement experts in this video are just that... EXPERTS!!!
I am on line ordering Baby Babble 3 right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally on instant video!!! PLEASE RELEASE BB3 ON INSTANT VIDEO!!, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Baby Babble 2 - First Words: P B M (Amazon Instant Video)
My three year old and eight month old kids love these videos. I'm a pediatrician, and I was looking for something to support normal language development when I discovered these on Amazon. My neurotypical child learned to speak very early, and I know that these videos were part of the reason. They not only model language development for infants and toddlers, they also teach adults how to teach and model language development for their children. We would watch these videos for twenty minutes per day, and they are very calming and engaging and low-stimulation. My kids are mesmerized by them, but not over-stimulated. We then incorporate the sounds and words into our play. I recommend these to most of my families starting at six months for typically developing kids, or at any time that i have a minor concern about speech development, to enhance language development before formally referring them for professional SLP evaluation. My only request is....BABY BABBLE 3 ON AMAZON INSTANT!!!!