Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on May 3, 2015
The first time you watch this video, you're going to think you made a mistake. It seems very strange and dated. I, like you, was sold by all the reviews. Once I made the purchase though, this video sat unwatched in my prime app. After it became apparent our 19 month old had a slight speech delay we were desperate to keep stimulating him and willing to try anything.

The second, third and thousandth time I watched this series I can honestly say it's perfect. It's simple with happy music, quick colorful scenes and sounds and dramatic changes from image to image. It's exactly what you need to keep a little one entertained.

Expect to see images of popular children's toys paired with bouncy music, while narrators make sounds. Some scenes are just colors and music, while cut away images of the narrators show basic sign language. This is not a signing video though - it's a communication video.

We watch each video in the series once in the morning and once in the evening while he plays or eats. I can honestly say after 8 weeks of doing this faithfully he has more than tripled his vocabulary. Granted we were starting at a pretting low point of two or three words, but as of today (just shy of 21 months), he easily has command of 40 or more unique words and sounds. Keep in mind that we are also incorporating daily use of picture and word books, but I attribute the lion's share to this video series.

He wasn't glued to it the first five or ten times he watched, and even now sometimes it just plays in the background while he builds with his mega blocks; but he's definitely hearing it and learning. Just now as I typed this he said "P!" Right as the narrator introduced the letter. It's a fun video series that empowers babies and toddlers to learn from imagery in short, bright bursts. Exactly appropriate for their growing brains.

For mom and dad the movies can become a bit tedious and nerve wracking, but hopefully when you see dramatic improvement in your child's vocabulary you won't mind as much. I don't. I am extremely happy with this purchase. Keep an open mind and you will be too!
on January 4, 2014
My three year old and eight month old kids love these videos. I'm a pediatrician, and I was looking for something to support normal language development when I discovered these on Amazon. My neurotypical child learned to speak very early, and I know that these videos were part of the reason. They not only model language development for infants and toddlers, they also teach adults how to teach and model language development for their children. We would watch these videos for twenty minutes per day, and they are very calming and engaging and low-stimulation. My kids are mesmerized by them, but not over-stimulated. We then incorporate the sounds and words into our play. I recommend these to most of my families starting at six months for typically developing kids, or at any time that i have a minor concern about speech development, to enhance language development before formally referring them for professional SLP evaluation. My only request is....BABY BABBLE 3 ON AMAZON INSTANT!!!!
on October 7, 2015
If you follow I bought the baby babble 1. My 2 /3 year old son wouldn't speak! Broke my heart to see how people treated him like there was something wrong with him. He excelled in everything else but just couldn't communicate. I used to keep him away from people because I got tired of them comparing him to their 1 month old who reads the bible and can write up grocery list for them. There are times when I would be frustrated and at other times il just cry and hold him and say why won't you talk to me? I prayed so much but it felt like God has turned his eyes away from me. If you are in my shoes you know the thirst and quest for a solution is paramount to everything else. Somehow I found baby babble 1 and that changed our lives. Weird for adults but captivating for kids. Slowly after the first few plays he began to respond until he would actually ask for it and say the words... Then we ordered baby babble 2 and it just kept going. He is 4 plus now and just started preschool. His speech is not entirely clear but he communicates well. It's almost like he talks too fast or through his teeth sometimes but other than that he is fine. And omg so much noise! He bosses his little sister around oh and when he speaks to her it is loud and clear... No speaking through his teeth. We have come a long way from when we started. If I could meet these ladies I would give them a big hug without saying a word, I'm sure they would understand how deep that is and where it's coming from.
To mother like me ... Hang in there! It will get better, some kids work at their pace, the pressure for the both of you is high and exhausting, show the kids a lot of love and be gentle.
They will not be mute forever unless they have other problems underneath. I'm considering getting volume 3.
on June 15, 2015
If you have a child that is speech delayed then don't think twice about buying these DVDs they work very well.
on February 19, 2015
Originally purchased Baby Babble 1. My daughter immediately started to use the signs, and make new sounds. The same thing has happened with this. I just wish I had found these videos much earlier. My daughter is not much of a talker, and is very stubborn about communicating to get what she wants...she is spoiled in the sense that we have anticipated her every need, and not forced her to speak up for herself.

These videos have most definitely helped her, and she started BABBLING immediately. She signs Please, and MORE. Which is great and makes her feel independent and confident.
on July 18, 2014
My 6 month old loves this video, actually she loves both 1 & 2. Great break for mom and dad. She'll watch the whole thing and will watch it daily. Great for when she is too tired for books but not quite ready for bed. We tried it on you tube first to confirm she liked it then went ahead and bought both. As far as educational value, research says baby videos don't work. However, it's thought this may be because babies learn language from watching lips. This does show some lip movements. My baby does not really like baby Einstein either.
on September 30, 2014
I have all 3 Baby Babbles and my kid loves them. the first one may be the Best but this one is really close! I think for parents that are concerned about they're baby talking, let them watch the Baby Babbles on a regular. My kid stops everything when they are on watches so intently. I think they have really been a great supplement to his learning. I wish they would come out with more!
on August 7, 2015
Not as helpful as the cost would imply. My 25 month old daughter was very entertained and engaged the first few viewings, but has since lost interest. There is less focus on pronunciation and technique than expected. Good old fashioned picture books, enunciating when speaking and reading together are much more effective (for the average late talker).
on May 9, 2014
My son already has a speech therapist who is amazing!! So, this is a nice thing for him to watch while I make breakfast, clean up breakfast, etc. It will give a boost to what we are already doing. Will not replace a speech therapist.
on February 18, 2014
My 3 year old cb loved it. I was looking for baby babble 3 but couldn't find it in amazon. If I did i would buy it too!