5.0 out of 5 stars hygienist review
Published on January 28, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Bristles Break Off
The bristles on this brush also broke off during use for my daughter as it did for previous reviewers. We used the brush only at brushing times and only had it for a couple of weeks before it happened. :( I was hoping this was going to be a great product! I was actually going to buy a new one until I read that the same thing has happened to others.
Published on August 23, 2009 by J. Catherine

5.0 out of 5 stars hygienist review, January 28, 2010
This review is from: Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Toddler (Baby Product)
I've been in the dental field for 12 years. And I have to say this is a great product and I try almost every toothbrush that comes out! I want to comment on a couple of the reviews. First of all I called the company and the bristles are re-inforced now and are a lot stronger. They've also created and improved upon the original design because so many parents were using it as a teether INSTEAD of a toothbrush. The 0-12 months has the thickest bristles because that's when the majority of teething takes place. So,use it longer if your child teeth come in latter than switch to the older training toothbrush. Remember, it's still a toothbrush NOT a teether!. I also found out that they've passed the strictest gov.t testing so if your cutie accidentally knaws one or two off it's OK because it isn't harmful in any way. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dental advice, January 28, 2010
D. Davis (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
I have this toothbrush and my son loves it but when I saw the review about bleeding I became concerned. So I asked my dental hygienist who told me that bleeding is a normal part of teething whether an infant is chewing on something hard (like a cheerio) or soft (like the banana brush). In fact it helps the teeth work through the gums faster and generally provides relief to the infant. I feel much better now and will continue to use this toothbrush.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fur Magnet!, February 21, 2014
My 6 month old loves this teether but it has that soft rubber/plastic feeling and everything sticks to it! Ever bit of fur, hair, fiber, etc in the house will end up on this thing 5 seconds after it hits the floor. It is now a high chair only toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Revolutionary Product, January 28, 2008
I bought this for my 4 month old son when his pediatrician suggested that we start "brushing his teeth" at the 4 month mark. My son is not yet teething, but he loves the bright color and enjoys chewing on this. We do use it to brush his gums and he thinks it is a game! He's thrilled that his bedtime routine has this extra step in it. A lot of teethers are hard and seem uncomfortable even for adults. I feel confident about giving this to my baby knowing, -and hoping that he'll stick it in his mouth. This product is very well designed with babies in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite toothbrush for toddlers, May 12, 2012
I went back to using the toothbrush you slide over your finger since we left our first banana brush at Grandma's house 2,000 miles away a couple months ago. Holy cow, after my daughter nearly bit my finger off a few times I gave up and used one of the regular baby toothbrushes I had on hand from the baby shower. She sucks the toothpaste off the first time I stick it in her mouth and then refuses to let me brush. I had though Grandma was going to mail back the banana brush, but I can't wait any longer. I had to buy another. She LOVES it! The texture and flexibility make it her favorite way to clean her teeth and soothe her sore gums at the same time.

We love it!!! And so do my fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my daughter's FAVORITE toy!, January 10, 2009
I bought this to brush my daughter's gums to help get her used to the sensation so that when she gets teeth it won't bother her too much. Little did I know that I was purchasing a product that would be her absolute favorite toy. She is six and a half months and although no teeth have appeared yet, she is teething like crazy and this banana is the only toy that seems to help; she just LOVES sucking on it and chewing it. She always gets so excited when I give it to her (makes lots of sounds and flapping of arms). She loves when I brush her gums with it too. So, although not advertised as a teething toy, it is the best out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved it, so did the cat . ., September 3, 2013
My son loved this brush/teether when he was teething. We didn't use it for much of a brush, but it was good to chew on. He took it with him everywhere, in fact we have a portrait with this in it. The problem was that our cat loved it too. It held up well to a toddler's teeth, but not the cats. So, if your cat is as oral as you child, keep it out of the reach of the cat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this brush, February 12, 2013
My baby chews on this brush all the time. I love the double brushes on either side of the octopus and two handles for easy gripping. Excellent teether as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for every baby!, January 30, 2010
this little toothbrush is awesome. it is super-heavy duty silicone, dishwasher-safe & soft enough that if your child falls with the brush in their mouth, they will not be injured. this was designed by a dental hygienist mama!
my littlest one LOVES this brush. he chews on either end & also lets us brush his teeth with it. we have not had any problems with any of the bristles breaking off - this thing is all one piece, so I'm not sure how people are having that problem.
everyone asks me where I got this whenever my Little is chewing on it. it is the perfect size for little hands & little mouths & so much safer than a regular toothbrush.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best teether for infants, September 16, 2013
This teething toy is the best of the three we've tried. Because it has so many different angles and hand-holds, my son is able to get something in his mouth successfully every time: so much better than the two-dimensional aspects of the other teethers, which ended up with him smashing it against his cheek half the time, because he couldn't get the angle of ascent right. Love that it's silicon and not plastic or painted, it's easy to wash up and clean off when he drops it.

We also tried the Comotomo teether: Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether Orange
We love their bottles, but this teether is just too hard for him to manage to get into his mouth consistently, and the little nubs really require a lot more skill than he has right now.

We also tried this Nuby teether: Nuby Silicone Teether Bristles Colors
Too hard to get into the mouth at the right angle when you're only 3 months old!

It's pretty ridiculous that this is the ONLY decent teether we've found, in the age of 3D printing you'd think there'd be more options! That said, this one is a great choice, we recommend it.

Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Toddler