1,770 Reviews
 (1,413)

5.0 out of 5 stars Information.......
Published 16 months ago by Jillybean59226

2.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, but not for babies WITH teeth.
Published on October 4, 2011 by JBoo2509

5.0 out of 5 stars Information......., August 31, 2013
This item has caused somewhat of a debate between customers. It seems that many have used this as a teether and the bristles have come off causing negative reviews. These reviews have been met with some belligerence from parents who have purchased and had great experiences with this product and feel as though the problem is more in line with lack of parental guidance and understanding, rather then the product itself. Id like to add my 2 cents, as well as some new info.

First off, I have found that the defending parents are correct in their assessment that this product states nowhere in the description that this is a teether, perhaps parents are coming to the conclusion that this is a teether by the references the description makes to " soothing the gums"?

While I do agree that parental guidance is necessary with any product you give your child and do feel that this along with better understanding the design and use intended for products plays a large role in preventing injury and hazards in children. I also have to agree with the customers who feel that this product should have made with more durability, as should any product intended for babies/toddlers, as it will endure rough use.

Everyone here is missing the obvious, whether this product is advertised as a teether or toothbrush is irrelevant. Children in the age bracket this product targets do not posses the ability or understanding as of yet to brush their teethe. Any item placed in their mouth will be met with the instinct to chew and will become a teether at any rate.

This is advertised as a product that "encourages" oral hygiene and tooth-brushing skills and should have been designed and created with the durability to withstand the chewing that will inevitably take place, no matter in what fashion a parent allows their child to use it.

I have found some new info that may be of interest to anyone who is considering purchasing this item and may put any negativity or debate regarding this product to rest.

I happen to find this item and therefore all of the controversy surrounding its use while looking at it for almost 18 month old daughter. After coming to the conclusion that this product is not for us, as it is recommend until age 12 months, I found the second step toothbrush offered by this same company. It is very similar in design to this one, the only real difference being, no handles and the shape is designed in a way that allows for more real tooth-brushing.

Upon reading those reviews, it seems that some of the same problems were taking place with this one also, bristles coming off after children brushed several times with it or chewed on it a bit, as they will still do this at toddler age as well, especially while molars are breaking through.

A new review was posted and it seems that the company, upon reading and hearing of the issues and realizing so many parents were using this as a teether for extended periods, has redesigned both of these products and the new design includes reinforced bristles. They both have this new design, however this product has the strongest bristles as it is designed for children under 12 months and will probably be met with more chewing.

So it seems that all of your complaints were heard and anyone who orders this product now will receive the newer tougher design. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars hygienist review, January 28, 2010
This review is from: Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Toddler (Baby Product)
I've been in the dental field for 12 years. And I have to say this is a great product and I try almost every toothbrush that comes out! I want to comment on a couple of the reviews. First of all I called the company and the bristles are re-inforced now and are a lot stronger. They've also created and improved upon the original design because so many parents were using it as a teether INSTEAD of a toothbrush. The 0-12 months has the thickest bristles because that's when the majority of teething takes place. So,use it longer if your child teeth come in latter than switch to the older training toothbrush. Remember, it's still a toothbrush NOT a teether!. I also found out that they've passed the strictest gov.t testing so if your cutie accidentally knaws one or two off it's OK because it isn't harmful in any way. Hope this helps!

2.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, but not for babies WITH teeth., October 4, 2011
I would recommend trying a different product instead. My 9-month-old daughter has 7 teeth and is a strong biter/chewer. We both thought this banana was the cutest toothbrush ever. We "brushed" with it for 2 days and I let her play with and chew it for a bit after each brush, supervised. On day 3 I washed the toothbrush and noticed that about 5 of the rubber bristles were partially or fully chewed off and missing. Sure enough, the bristles have since turned up in her diaper. Althought I considered sending the item back for refund, we will keep it for teeth brushing only. She is no longer allowed to use it as a teether, even with me watching since I didn't notice the bristles breaking off before. Please beware of this before deciding to purchase...I would not have bought it had I known.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the 2-pack., June 19, 2014
Seattle Mama (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I finally caught on after I received my package today and then went back and re-read the rest of the reviews more carefully. The single packs apparently ship from the US in standard packaging as you see in the pictures. The 2-pack comes from Hong Kong, is solid yellow, does not have any brand information anywhere on the product or packaging. All that's on the packaging is a bunch of Chinese. Not cool, Amazon. I have no reason to trust what the heck material this product is made of and you want me to put them in my babies' mouths? Huh-uh. I am returning the 2 pack and buying two of the single packs (I have twins).

5.0 out of 5 stars Dental advice, January 28, 2010
D. Davis (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
I have this toothbrush and my son loves it but when I saw the review about bleeding I became concerned. So I asked my dental hygienist who told me that bleeding is a normal part of teething whether an infant is chewing on something hard (like a cheerio) or soft (like the banana brush). In fact it helps the teeth work through the gums faster and generally provides relief to the infant. I feel much better now and will continue to use this toothbrush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's Favorite Teether!, April 15, 2011
Liz Loma (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I bought this teether (along with a couple of others) for our son when he was 4 months old and beginning to chew on EVERYTHING! He's 6 months old now and this is by far his favorite teether of the bunch! (He also has one that looks like keys that you can put in the fridge, but it's hard for him to manipulate and despite it's many textures and colors, he loses interest in it quickly.) The Baby Banana Toothbrush is soft, flexible and easy for him to hold and get to his mouth. He likes to chew on both ends and the handles. I use one of the BooginHead pacifier clips to attach it to him when I don't want him to drop it on the floor. It's only downside is that it IS a lint magnet! The silicone picks up hair and fuzz pretty easily, but nothing a quick rinse under warm water won't fix. I love that it's dishwasher safe, but I usually just hand wash it with a bit of mild dish soap.

As far as the oral hygiene part goes, I'm not sure that it would CLEAN a baby's teeth (my son doesn't have any teeth yet), but I don't really think that's the point. Besides, most baby teeth just need to be wiped clean, so it MIGHT work. I think the idea is more to get the baby used to a toothbrush and letting a parent brush the baby's teeth and gums. We do this with our son, saying, "Brush, brush, brush," while rubbing it over his gums and he thinks it's funny. We're getting him used to the idea that someday we'll be brushing his teeth with a real toothbrush. In that aspect, this is the perfect tool for beginning good oral hygiene with your baby!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what was advertised, May 3, 2014
We received this in the mail today - definitely not what was advertised. I'd like to make a fairly safe assumption and say that this is not made in the USA (thanks to the numerous grammatical errors, among the fact that half of the back of the package is covered in some sort of chinese). Some of the errors: "For Infants Newborn to 12 Mouths" , "never leave child unattended.alway use with adult supervision". I'm not someone who has to have everything made in the USA, but for a toothbrush for my child - I have to make sure that it isn't toxic. The color of the whole product is yellow, the package is beat to all sorts of hell, and some of the bristles are bent. The fact that there is no hint of where it's made bothers me (unless it's in the chinese that I can't read). The brand name we received was "Banana Toothbrush" - once again not as advertised. We will send this back immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, April 9, 2012
David Esq. "David" (Bronxville, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Our son is nearly 17 months old. He has a bunch of teeth, and he is not afraid to use them when we brush using the infant brush that sits on your finger. This has made brushing his teeth a rather challenging and painful event.

He spit out the pacifier within 8 weeks or so and never used a teether. In fact, he never really puts anything in his mouth (which while a blessing in some ways has created its own set of challenges with feeding).

I washed the banana toothbrush and put a tab of the infant "toothpaste" on it and put it in our son's mouth. He grabbed the banana out of my hand and started going to town on it. I could not get it away from him. And he actually looked like he was brushing his teeth. Jammed it in his mouth along the sides, rubbing it around his mouth. I don't think he's getting his upper teeth and I would rather he let us brush them for him, but all things being equal, I am glad that he loves the toothbrush and he is doing a better job than we've been doing since we've been reluctant to put our fingers in his mouth due to the great pleasure he gets from biting our fingers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fur Magnet!, February 21, 2014
My 6 month old loves this teether but it has that soft rubber/plastic feeling and everything sticks to it! Ever bit of fur, hair, fiber, etc in the house will end up on this thing 5 seconds after it hits the floor. It is now a high chair only toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Revolutionary Product, January 28, 2008
I bought this for my 4 month old son when his pediatrician suggested that we start "brushing his teeth" at the 4 month mark. My son is not yet teething, but he loves the bright color and enjoys chewing on this. We do use it to brush his gums and he thinks it is a game! He's thrilled that his bedtime routine has this extra step in it. A lot of teethers are hard and seem uncomfortable even for adults. I feel confident about giving this to my baby knowing, -and hoping that he'll stick it in his mouth. This product is very well designed with babies in mind.

Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Toddler