5.0 out of 5 stars hygienist review
Published on January 28, 2010 by Elizabeth Bennet

1.0 out of 5 stars Bristles Break Off
The bristles on this brush also broke off during use for my daughter as it did for previous reviewers. We used the brush only at brushing times and only had it for a couple of weeks before it happened. :( I was hoping this was going to be a great product! I was actually going to buy a new one until I read that the same thing has happened to others.
Published on August 23, 2009 by J. Catherine

5.0 out of 5 stars hygienist review, January 28, 2010
This review is from: Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Toddler (Baby Product)
I've been in the dental field for 12 years. And I have to say this is a great product and I try almost every toothbrush that comes out! I want to comment on a couple of the reviews. First of all I called the company and the bristles are re-inforced now and are a lot stronger. They've also created and improved upon the original design because so many parents were using it as a teether INSTEAD of a toothbrush. The 0-12 months has the thickest bristles because that's when the majority of teething takes place. So,use it longer if your child teeth come in latter than switch to the older training toothbrush. Remember, it's still a toothbrush NOT a teether!. I also found out that they've passed the strictest gov.t testing so if your cutie accidentally knaws one or two off it's OK because it isn't harmful in any way. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dental advice, January 28, 2010
D. Davis (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
I have this toothbrush and my son loves it but when I saw the review about bleeding I became concerned. So I asked my dental hygienist who told me that bleeding is a normal part of teething whether an infant is chewing on something hard (like a cheerio) or soft (like the banana brush). In fact it helps the teeth work through the gums faster and generally provides relief to the infant. I feel much better now and will continue to use this toothbrush.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Revolutionary Product, January 28, 2008
I bought this for my 4 month old son when his pediatrician suggested that we start "brushing his teeth" at the 4 month mark. My son is not yet teething, but he loves the bright color and enjoys chewing on this. We do use it to brush his gums and he thinks it is a game! He's thrilled that his bedtime routine has this extra step in it. A lot of teethers are hard and seem uncomfortable even for adults. I feel confident about giving this to my baby knowing, -and hoping that he'll stick it in his mouth. This product is very well designed with babies in mind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bristles Break Off, August 23, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite toothbrush for toddlers, May 12, 2012
I went back to using the toothbrush you slide over your finger since we left our first banana brush at Grandma's house 2,000 miles away a couple months ago. Holy cow, after my daughter nearly bit my finger off a few times I gave up and used one of the regular baby toothbrushes I had on hand from the baby shower. She sucks the toothpaste off the first time I stick it in her mouth and then refuses to let me brush. I had though Grandma was going to mail back the banana brush, but I can't wait any longer. I had to buy another. She LOVES it! The texture and flexibility make it her favorite way to clean her teeth and soothe her sore gums at the same time.

We love it!!! And so do my fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my daughter's FAVORITE toy!, January 10, 2009
I bought this to brush my daughter's gums to help get her used to the sensation so that when she gets teeth it won't bother her too much. Little did I know that I was purchasing a product that would be her absolute favorite toy. She is six and a half months and although no teeth have appeared yet, she is teething like crazy and this banana is the only toy that seems to help; she just LOVES sucking on it and chewing it. She always gets so excited when I give it to her (makes lots of sounds and flapping of arms). She loves when I brush her gums with it too. So, although not advertised as a teething toy, it is the best out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for every baby!, January 30, 2010
this little toothbrush is awesome. it is super-heavy duty silicone, dishwasher-safe & soft enough that if your child falls with the brush in their mouth, they will not be injured. this was designed by a dental hygienist mama!
my littlest one LOVES this brush. he chews on either end & also lets us brush his teeth with it. we have not had any problems with any of the bristles breaking off - this thing is all one piece, so I'm not sure how people are having that problem.
everyone asks me where I got this whenever my Little is chewing on it. it is the perfect size for little hands & little mouths & so much safer than a regular toothbrush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without it!, April 1, 2009
We have a baby banana brush at home and in the diaper bag. It has quickly become my sons security blanket! I can relax knowing that the soft silicon wont hurt his delicate gums. Try throwing it in the freezer for extra soothing during teething. Its easy to sanitize too--dishwasher and boiling water safe! You can't beat that. I've found this product to be very durable. My 10 month old has several teeth and no bristles have come off. I'd recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toothbrush Out There, April 2, 2009
My daughter has been using this for over a year and LOVES it. It was the only way we could get her to brush her teeth. I have a hard time believeing "concerned mom's" comments about the bristles. I have pulled my hardest on the bristles and they don't come out. My husband even used his tools and couldn't pull them out. We've never had a problem with any of the bristles coming off. My daughter even has all her teeth, including molars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for babies with few or no teeth, July 5, 2010
J.M.L. (Midwestern USA) - See all my reviews
The product description states that this toothbrush is "for toddlers ready to graduate to their first real toothbrush," but I disagree. Toddlers with lots of teeth need stiff enough bristles to actually brush plaque off the teeth. The banana toothbrush bristles (which are silicone) are so soft they don't scrape against the teeth at all. It's simply not effective.

This toothbrush would be good only for babies with no teeth, to get them used to brushing and as kind of a gum massager.

Also, the bristles come off, especially if you have a toddler with teeth using it. I had to throw it away after the bristles started breaking off.

Rate and Discover Movies