Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Pink|Change

on July 25, 2005
We are currently training our 2nd child. With our first, we had 3 in diapers, giving us MAJOR motivation to get him potty trained, so we tried almost every seat out there. Most of them were okay, but just got nasty quckly, were hard to disinfect, or were uncomfortable for my son. The ones with the removable splash gaurd are not gentle and can scrape a child's sensitive parts. Those were awful. We were "potty training" for a full year before we finally saw the BabyBjorn potty chair in a local botique, and DS immediately sat in it. He chose blue, and we took it home. Within a week, he was trained, and began using the "big boy seat", so we saved the seat for our daughter. It was incredable! Now our 23 month old daughter is training. We bought her this white babybjorn seat for our downstairs bathroom, with the blue upstairs. She has been "training" for 6 days now, and is almost completely day trained!

This seat is by far the best in our experiences. Here's why: 1. the seat has a higher back and sides, which gives the child support while sitting down, standing up, or simply sitting there. 2. It is NOT easy to tip! several of the others we tried tipped without much effort when our child was putting pressure on the sides trying to sit down or stand. 3. It is super easy to clean - there aren't a bunch of seams to gather gunk, it's easy to wipe down with a clorox wipe and be done. It's also super easy to take the little bucket out, and soak in clorox or hose down. 4. Kids can choose what color they want! This was such a big deal to my children --- also, they are solid colors that can look nice with your bathroom. The surface is also nice that your child can decorate the back with cute stickers if wanted. 5. It works for children of all different sizes! My son was 40" and 42lbs when potty training, and my daughter is 25lbs and a little shrimp, and this seat fit them both WONDERFULLY.

Overall, having tried MANY seats, this one was the absolute best for both our children, and I would highly reccomend it to anyone in need of a seat for potty training success~!
66 comments|1,425 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2013
This is a very nice potty chair. It is a sleek, simple design, easy to clean, no annoying sounds or other bells/whistles. I ordered it to get my child used to sitting on the potty (not starting training yet). I have a small (18 pound) 1 year old and this seat was just a little bit too tall. I ended up ordering the Baby Bjorn Smart Potty, which is a very similar design without the high back/sides, and it seems to be a much better size for my needs. It appears that the bowls are interchangeable. I posted side-by-side photo of both of the potties for comparison purposes.
review image review image
11 comment|259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2005
I had a Safety 1st potty that I just hated before I bought this Baby Bjorn potty. It leaked, its round opening was WAY too small, and I had a ton of problems with my son leaking all over the front and on to the floor. Plus it came apart in many pieces and had lots of spots bacteria could hide. The Baby Bjorn takes care of all the problems I had with the Safety 1st potty!

The simple construction is so sanitary and easy to clean. There are no little places for bacteria to collect.

The opening is bigger than other potty chairs and oblong instead of round, so no more pooping on the seat. This alone would have sold me on this potty.

The splash guard is great for boys. No more peeing off the front of the potty and no flimsy detachable splash guards that flip down into the seat.

It has a nice rubber grip on the bottom to keep it in the same place on the floor.

Another plus is that it's nice looking and blends in with the rest of the bathroom.

I'm very happy with the quality and design of this potty and I have NO complaints!
22 comments|482 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2006
After extensive research, I finally settled on this potty chair and I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I, like many other reviewers, was intially put off by the $22 price tag.

The problem I have with many baby products today is that companies try to make something a "new concept" by adding bells and whistles or attempting to make things multi-purpose. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and my daughter has tons of electronic gadgets, but potty chairs should not double as toys. Nor do I care to have my child using her potty in the future to stand on to reach the sink.

This is exactly what a potty should be... a potty and nothing else. Its ergonomic design and rubber bottom makes it comfortable and stable, even on carpet. It looks remarkably similar to a real potty because if its smooth, white finish. When I got it home my 16-month-old daughter immediately knew what it was and wanted to sit on it. She now loves to sit on the potty and this one appears to be very comfortable for her.

In a nutshell, it is simply made, easy to clean and perfect for potty training.
0Comment|198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2006
This is our fifth piece of potty equipment. We have two potty chairs and three potty toppers. The Bjorn ones are the best of both. Our old potty chair, a First Years one, is just too small for my 2yo son. He's just a little above average in size and just turned 2 a few months ago. He doesn't fit on it at all. Not all of his "parts" fit into the bowl and pee goes everywhere. With the Bjorn chair, he can easily sit down himself. All his parts fit inside so there is never a mess. And there is plenty of room for growth. In fact, my 4yo can sit on it also and fits fine. He's a bit on the tall and skinny side though.

Unlike our old potty, it is very easy to clean. The bowl is all one piece of smooth plastic, with no grooves or indentations to hinder cleaning. The bowl sits fully on the base, so the pee doesn't leak around the seam and onto the floor like our old potty. The bowl is contoured and comfortable. We have never found the splash guard to get in the way of anything. It performs as intended with no problems. There are also grips on the bottom which keeps the seat in place on the floor. Our other potty could easily tip over and slide across the floor. The way the front of the seat is contoured makes it comfortable to sit for my son, his legs sit comfortably on each side of the potty chair. The bowl itself is also easy for my son to carry because of the way it is shaped. I have him carry the bowl to the big toilet to dump its contents.

We also have the Bjorn potty topper which I also highly recommend. All one piece which makes it easier to clean. And nicely contoured again for comfort. The adjustable knob in back also keeps it sitting securely on the toilet and it doesn't slide around. It is much better than our old one that was actually two pieces and just awful to clean. You can imagine what got in between the two pieces. Yuck!

We have the Ocean Blue Bjorn potty seat and it's quite attractive (considering it's purpose!). The white bowl is easy to clean. Obviously, if you can get your child to go straight to the big toilet with a topper, that is ideal, but not every kid wants to do that. My first son was scared of the big toilet for 6 months! Also, our bathroom is a fair distance from the family room, so having this potty in the family room allows us to catch our son quickly when we see that he has to go. If we had to carry him all the way to the bathroom, he probably wouldn't make it. You can also use it in the car for travel quite well.

My 2yo son has only peed on the potty (little or big) a few times until we got this one. He peed on it within an hour of pulling it out of the box. And in the week since we've had it, he has started to do the big job on this potty once a day too, in addition to peeing on it several times a day. Maybe this one will learn to use the potty quicker than his brother! One can only hope.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2014
My daughter is on the thinner side and at 18 months struggles to get comfortable in this chair. She's not able to sit on it without falling in. There's no way that she could sit on this for any length of time because she's having to hold her weight so she doesn't fall in. In addition, the splash guard makes sitting on this super awkward. Another mother wrote about how her daughter needed stitches after cutting her genitals on the splash guard. I can totally see how this can happen. It's not safe for your child to independently seat themselves without some help.
on July 23, 2012
I first got this for my 6month old son, after reading the "Diaper free before 3" book. In India, the grandmothers start potty training the babies well around 4-5 months when they start sitting with support. In the same aspect, I got this chair just to make sure my son sits on the potty chair when parents use the bathroom and it worked very well. I am writing this review since I dint see any other reviews for kids as young as 6 months.

The first day, as soon as me and my son got up, we went to the bathroom and sat on our own potty chairs, surprisingly, he peed in this, on the first day only! From then on we are repeating it every day and he seems to understand he has to pee to get out of that chair and hence does it. He likes to sit on this one, as it has the backrest, and armrest for both of his arms and his foot has not yet touched the floor but, its good enough for him. In a way, its good that his foot has not touched the floor yet, as he doesnt try to stand up :-). He has one of his squirty friends or a book in his hands to keep him happy. Even if he tries to reach for something on the either side, the chair doesnt trip and it holds well.

Every single time, I put him on this, any time of day, he pees assuming thats what I want him to do. Pooping, we have not started yet, but so far it has been easy to clean and the splash guard does work great, remove the inner seat and wash it in warm water, and its even sanitized!

Its been about a month since I got the first potty and here I am ready to buy my second one for the bathroom on the first floor. I got the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty but he doesnt like it since it has no back or arm rest! He wouldnt sit on it even once, and its going back to Amazon today while I order my second potty chair!
on January 7, 2009
my 13 month old likes to sit on it, even though we're WAY early...also wears the removable potty part for a hat. maybe in a year or two...seems like a nice comfy product though - look forward to using it when the time's right. maybe i can review it again then.
review image
on August 23, 2002
We had to buy 3 potties before going for this one. We tried: Graco with soft seat, but its splashguard comed right off; the 1st years 3-in-1 potty had a hole that was located too close to the back thus making it very uncomfortable for a boy, because everything got mashed; and a musical potty by safety 1st, which leaked. This potty finally works! But I am so surprised to find that there is no perfect potty on the market! Looks like consumer reports haven't done much job; one way or the other, big brands have left out our little kid's bottoms with POOR CHOICES, of which the best(truly) here to present - baby bjorn potty chair...hope kids of my kids will do better.
on February 9, 2007
I recently purchased this potty for my 16 month old son. We are not actively training but I wanted to introduce him to it. The first night I got it, he went pee pee and boo boo in it. I screamed and clapped and sang a little song. He really likes it. He even brought it out of the bathroom and took it into the living room to watch The Wiggles while sitting in it. I like the color, and how it fits his size. He can sit on it and get up all by himself. Its very sturdy, it doesn't wobble or tip over like some do. One reviewer said the sprout was a little short, but I haven't had a problem. My son tends to look down at himself while he's going, so everything is pointing south anyway. I love that there are only 2 pieces to this chair. Very easy to clean. I had a safety 1st chair with the flip top lid and the detachable sprout and I absolutely hated this thing. My son would pull of the sprout and walk around the house with it. He was too concerned with the lid and turning around on the chair to pull the lid up and down instead of concentrating on trying to go potty. With the baby bjorn there are no distractions, no music, no removable pieces(except the bowl)which allows him focus on going potty. I just really like this potty chair. I would highly recommend this chair.