Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: John Denver's For Baby (For Bobbie) (Audio CD Included) (John Denver & Kids Series) (John Denver Series)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 24, 2009
Janeen Mason is one of my favorite illustrators..and with text from John Denver...it's a match made in heaven! Baby animals and baby people from around the world are used to illuminate Denver's touching lyrics....it's a perfect book to read to your babies...however old they are...and a great art treasure for you! This one has keepsake...collectible...heirloom...written all over it!
on August 22, 2009
John Denver's tender words and Janeen Mason's glorious illustrations will make your heart soar with reminders of loves past, present and, if you're lucky, still to come. I can't wait to sit with my granddaughter in my lap, introducing her to two of the best in the business. For Baby (For Bobbie) (John Denver Series)
on January 16, 2016
This is the song that I've sung to every infant I've ever taken care of and the one they know means it is time to sleep. To have the beautifully illustrated book with the lyrics and also a lot of cultural diversity, means that when these kids a little older we can read it together. The music is in the back for anyone who plays guitar or piano. Thrilled that I found this. If you find a video that has the song you'll see why it is so enchanting.
on December 21, 2014
This book holds a special memory for my family. My father passed away while my sister was singing this song to him. A few days later my Mom went to a store and was looking for a book for her great-grandson's 1st birthday. She stopped to look at the books that were piled up and right on top was For Baby for Bobbie. There was no other copy in the store. I decided to buy three of these books to give to my granddaughters in remembrance of my father and their great-grandfather. The book is beautiful.
on October 15, 2009
I don't normally like picture books produced by illustrating songs. The lyrics don't often work as a read aloud, or they suggest you should be singing rather than reading them, a challenge not every parental voice is up to.

But For Baby (For Bobbie), a picture book version of the first song the late John Denver ever recorded, overcomes my usual objections. The sunny illustrations by South Floridian Janeen Mason depict families and animals from around the world, meaningful paired on facing pages - a lovely interpretation of the lyrics which express unconditional love for an unnamed person. (The interesting endnotes report Denver wrote the song for a girlfriend but Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary recorded it with her daughter in mind.)

Best of all, I'm saved from trying to sing Denver-style (though this has never stopped me in the car while driving through West Virginia. "Take me home, country roads . . . .") because the book is packaged with a CD of Denver singing his soothing song of gentle sentiments.

A beautiful baby gift whether you can carry a tune or not.
on September 12, 2009
Absolutely gorgeous illustrations grace the pages of this picture book that brings together families from all over our world. A part of the John Denver series, which illustrates many of his most popular lyrics, For Baby (For Bobby)is simply a breathtaking picture book.
-- Reviewed by Michelle Delisle
on August 24, 2009
The illustrations in this book will take your breath away. Janeen Mason's bright colors bring to life creatures great and small from all over the globe. It's a glorious melding of tender words and illuminating art. A must have for your baby.
on February 19, 2015
These books I hold vlose to my heart... but one of them had a hufe grease spot on the back that penetrated the piano hymn. The copy I git for myself u could barely fet the cd out of tge plastic caseing, I wasnt very impressed. Tge grease spit one I didnt notice until after I wrote a note to my friend's dsughter in the book, a shame.
Reviewed by: Wayne Walker

Do you know what the first song that the late John Denver ever recorded was? It was "For Baby (For Bobbie)." He originally wrote it as a love song for a girl named Bobbie, but Mary Travers, of "Peter Paul, and Mary," heard it differently and sang it as a love song for her daughter. This book is the fifth in Dawn Publications' series of John Denver and Kids picture books. Janeen Mason, an award-winning artist, member of the Florida Arts Council, and illustrator of numerous children's picture books, has adapted and illustrated Denver's song. Toddlers and their parents will see mothers and babies of both different peoples and various animals in a song and picture journey around the world, including elephants from Sri Lanka, kangaroos from Australia, puffins from Iceland, cats from the United States, monarch butterflies from Mexico, baboons from Africa, giant pandas from China, llamas from South America, and orangutans from Borneo. At the end there is a section with a map and information about the animals and where they live, followed by a copy of the song itself and a biography of Denver. The hardback edition comes with a CD of Denver performing the song. Previous titles include Sunshine on My Shoulders, Take Me Home Country Roads, Ancient Rhymes: A Dolphin Lullaby, and Grandma's Feather Bed. Many people have loved the songs of John Denver, and they will enjoy sharing them with their own children and grandchildren through these books.
on October 19, 2009
"John Denver's For Baby (For Bobbie)" is a beautiful adaptation/interpretation of a famous love song that has been interpreted as reflecting either parent/child or romantic young love. A Sharing Nature with Children book, "For Baby" contains wonderful brightly colored paintings of animals and people all around the world. At the end of the book, which contains the text of the song, is a world map and guide to all the animals shown in the illustrations, plus a copy of the song and more background information about John Denver's experiences writing the song. "John Denver's For Baby (For Bobbie)" is a touching encasing of a beloved classic love song that will delight parents and children alike. It is suitable for ages 3 and up.