4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some tinkering, but it's good.
Ok. There are plenty of reviews on here talking about how good it is or how bad it is. There may be different lots of this item shipping with different specs or something, I don't know. But I will give you my experience and tell you why I like it and am not returning it even though it didn't really work right out of the box.

So we just had twins. Making bottles...
Published 4 months ago by J. Darnall

1.0 out of 5 stars Most well intentioned awful product in the baby market
Published 5 months ago by Mike Hervey

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some tinkering, but it's good., June 7, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)

So we just had twins. Making bottles is a real pain at 3 in the morning, especially when you have to make two. I saw this thing and I thought it would be a life saver. Well, it makes bottles in seconds. That part they didn't lie about. I read the reviews where people talked about how it didn't push out enough formula and their babies were spitting up or crying all the time. Then I read the ones where people said they had no issues and it was likely the customers not following the directions and that's why the bottles weren't coming out right. I'm here to set the story straight. This thing doesn't make bottles like it should according to the directions, but I'll explain.

We used this thing for close to a week and one of our babies was spitting up a lot. Like every feeding she was spitting up most of her bottle. The other baby was crying all the time. I started thinking about it and I thought I would do a little experiment. I saw another guy did this, but I got completely different results. Here's what I did:

I made a bottle by hand. Scooped the powder myself and added my own water. I had do to it a little different than I normally do though, because the machine adds 2oz of water and then formula on top of it so it always comes out more than 2oz. Normally, when I make a bottle, I add the formula and then add water up to the 2 oz mark. Anyway, I weighed the bottle empty, then weighed it with the water and formula. I did it for the machine and when I handmade the bottles. It turns out, the machine bottles were about 2.5 grams short of formula. That's not really a lot, but when you're only talking about 2oz of water, it can really effect the consistency and the amount of overall formula the baby is getting. Basically, the babies were drinking too much water and not enough formula. The good news, however, is that it was a relatively easy fix. All I had to do was change the wheel in the hopper. I was using Enfamil Gentlease and it said to use wheel 5, but that obviously wasn't cutting it. So I tried 4 and that wasn't quite enough and then I did 3. Wheel 3 is making bottles pretty much right on where I was hand making them. So that's the wheel I'm using now. We'll see how the babies do now, but I'm sure with the extra formula, things will turn around. I saw one lady said she had to pull out parts from the hopper and it ruined all her formula, but that's not the case. Just pull the oranges pieces out and push all your formula through the funnel into a cup or something. Then you can just pour it back in.

So, overall, yes this is a good product. It's still saving time by mixing and heating the bottles all at once. It really makes night time feedings go a lot faster when all you have to do is push a button and you have a bottle. You just might have to experiment with the wheels until it gives you the consistency you're wanting. It might work differently for other formulas as well, so this might not be a solution for everyone. I still think if you're looking for a good bottle maker, this is it. You just have to tinker with it a little bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy with this product - its a GAME CHANGER!, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
I wasn't thrilled when breastfeeding didn't work out for me and my little one and was even more disappointed with the powdered formula making process. My hands always got sticky with caked on formula, I always had powder spilling onto the counter from the scoop missing the bottle opening (waste of formula and non stop cleaning), getting air in the bottle from shaking to mix it, the extra time it took to warm up a bottle while baby was waiting and don't get me started on the smell of formula - disgusting!

I started researching formula makers and saw there weren't really any ones out there that I would trust to get it right and to not break. Then I saw the Brezza Formula Pro which stopped me in my tracks. It does everything you'd ever want... Its instant (no waiting for the water to warm up because the machine keeps the water warm constantly), it's all in one (preload the formula on top of the machine - never smell that stuff again), it mixes as it pours so no need to measure water or shake up any bottles. You push 2 buttons and it does it all in one small- footprint-on-my-counterspace machine. Need to make a bottle with one hand? Done. Need to make a bottle a 2 am and again at 4 am? No problem. It's simply perfect. It's like going from washing laundry on a washboard to the baddest washing machine on the market today. Simply, it's a game changer.

The issue I faced is that my little one was 5 ˝ months old when I discovered this product and about to start eating solids. I hated making bottles so much and I knew that baby would still be drinking formula for another 6 months (in larger quantities even - more scooping, more annoying) so I decided to try it. So glad I did. Now, when I'm feeding baby solids and baby's in the highchair waiting to be fed and I need to mix in some formula into baby's food, bam, takes literally seconds (and again, it comes out warm).

Another plus - when our caregiver is watching my baby or when we have a babysitter, I know that she's providing the right scoop to formula ratio. Anybody can work this machine. Anybody.

A word about set up. The instructions are mostly OK. I put it together and didn't lock something properly and had a lot of formula wastage (my pet peeve). I immediately called Brezza and someone picked up the phone right away and walked me through the reinstallation. She even called me back the next day to follow up to make sure everything was ok. Nice touch, Brezza!

Bottom line - this may seem like a luxury to some but there are so many gadgets out there that moms think they need and don't. This one isn't like that. For new parents who have to be up at all hours of the night, why not make it a little easier on yourself?

UPDATE: After using the machine for about a month, two tips on how to keep from getting a watered down bottle. 1. The formula in the container doesn't get pushed around over to the dispenser all the time so it forms a hole . The container looks full but the sweet spot is actually empty. Every day or so, open the top of the container and redistribute the formula so the dispenser is covered with formula. 2. When you take the spout funnel thing out to clean it, reach under to the actual formula dispenser and clear out any gunk (dried formula) that builds up. Baby Brezza should provide a brush to keep it clean but you can use your finger and a paper towel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
This is a fantastic product! My husband and I, being first-time parents, were concerned about all the mixing and measuring that is required when feeding our baby his formula. Did we mix it right? Was that two scoops or one? You know the deal...when you are exhausted in the middle of the night, trying to soothe a hungry baby, being stressed about that is the last thing you want to have to deal with! This machine solves all the guesswork and stress with a press of a button!

Now there may be some eye-rollin' from veteran parents who think this is such a frivolous expense, and I understand that. Is it a necessity? No. Will it bring a sigh of relief to two overworked but well meaning parents who are just trying to figure this baby thing out? YES!!! :)

TAKE NOTE: Please read ALL of the instructions, especially the part about which attachment to use with the formula you choose to feed your baby. This is very important because if you use the wrong piece, it can result in a wrong mixture of formula/water, and that can be dangerous! We did a few trial mixtures just to be sure and all it well now! :)

Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a computer tech & partime mechanic but mostly I'M A DAD, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
My little guy is now 11mo. We got this about Christmas in 2013 and he was 4 mo old. I'm writing this review so that you can assess for yourself whether to purchase this item or if you are like me to pass it off as some gimmick money making appliance.
I did not want to buy this, my wife asked for it for Christmas. I thought it was silly, and a waste of money.
I was wrong ! = This appliance is used as much as our microwave now.
We set this up Christmas day and I was immensely skeptical and saved the box to return it. My wife diligently read all the instruction and chose the correct wheel that matches the baby formula we were using and after a through washing before we ever used it we filled it up and plugged it in .... and the angels sang.
We are able to make a bottle in less than 30 seconds, and it is perfect mix, perfect temperature and all ready to go.
You can quickly select your ounces for the morning feeding vs the ounces for the mid day or night feedings, the mixing wheel in the "formula hopper" on top spins when you push the button mixing the formula with the water and producing the perfect temperature perfect mixture , perfect bottle for the baby.

Our little guy had troubles with constipation because of the formula so before we ever bought this machine we discovered that we had to put an ounce of baby apple juice in the microwave for 17 sec and then dump it in the bottle for each of his feedings.
With this machine I can multitask and have my ounce of apple juice coming out of the microwave within 2 sec of the bottle being ready to go... I would add the apple juice to the bottle mixture and put the top on it and give it a couple shakes ( Not too many as it would tend to foam up in the bottle) and my little guy was ready for his meal.

Advise - Yes I have some for you -
1. ALWAYS clean it every night before bed. Pop out the 2 pieces on the front (2sec) and then wash it with hot water and dish detergent and let it dry thoroughly. (we air dry on a clean dish towel in front of the machine)
2. Use a clean paper towel and run that around the inside the lip where the mix comes out each night making sure to get any formula that may have splattered back on the machine throughout the day. ( this is normal and really not that big of deal ) takes 10 seconds and you're done.
Finally once a month follow your instructions and give it a good cleaning by removing the hopper and washing the machine down.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE this machine... it's perfect for us.
I have only once ever had a bottle come out mixed wrong and I caught it quickly and when I checked the spout that you clean with a paper towel I found a clump of formula. I wiped it out and reran the bottle and it was perfect.

Bottom line - This is an awesome machine. You should always follow the cleaning routine religiously to keep your little one healthy. Our little guy loves it, we love it and I'm sure his little sister who arrives in another month will love it too. :)

WARNING !!! - using this machine will make you forget how to mix a bottle by hand, as I'm writing this review I honestly can't remember the measurements to mix the baby's bottle ... other than the apple juice. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Most well intentioned awful product in the baby market, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
Product seemed like a dream. But as a first time mom I freaked out when my daughter started throwing up watery fluid, had a gurgly belly, and was fussy all day. Mixed my own formula for her bottle and sure enough, the formula I made turned out thicker than baby brezza's mixture. The baby brezza had clogged (there is no way to prevent moisture from getting into the formula dispenser unit, and formula first gets very sticky when wet, then hard as it dries) and had been dispensing far too little powder for the amount of water it was dispensing. Definitely never letting it mix the formula again. If my husband and I keep it, it will only be to keep heating up the filtered water we put in it so the bottles we mix on our own will be warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product with One Complaint, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
My baby is 4 months old, and we've been using the Baby Brezza Formula Pro for about two weeks. My husband just said today, "I really hope it doesn't break because it's awesome." It truly gives you a perfect temperature, no clump bottle in about 30 seconds. We use Similac Advance and there is never a clump, which I love, because I don't like to shake the bottle because it gives the baby gas. We have never had the problems other reviewers have had with too much water dispensing. I looked and look for a similar product on the market, and nothing compares. The Tomee Tipee one just dispenses hot water, and you have to measure and mix the formula yourself each time. It's not half as convenient as the Baby Brezza.

The reason I give it four stars is because you cannot ensure that the correct amount of formula is being dispensed. It mixes with the water immediately. I even called Baby Brezza to ask this question because I was concerned about the other reviews. The only way to tell is to visually compare the consistency with a bottle made by hand. My baby is in the 90th percentile in weight, and no longer a newborn, so I am not as concerned about this. However, I may be hesitant to use it if he was younger. It's also important to wash the funnel each day, and wipe down the hole where the formula is dispensed from each day. So, about a minute or two of maintenance daily. Having said all of this, I haven't had a problem, that I'm aware of, with the wrong amount of formula dispensing. I just wish I knew for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver!!!, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
I know there are some bad reviews, but I absolutely love this product. As a mom of 4 yr old, 2 yr old and a brand new set of twins, this thing has been heaven sent. I went away over the weekend and considered packing it up to take! You do need to do some daily maintainence like cleaning where the formula and water come out, but it's minimal. For me, it really cut down on time with measuring formula and filling bottles with water. I recommend this product to anyone. Just follow their directions. And also keep in mind when the machine measure formula and water, it will measure slightly above. For example, when I make 4 oz it measures a little above. This is due to the formula mixed in and will do that if you mix it by hand too.

1.0 out of 5 stars mixes incorrectly, April 10, 2014
Leah Allen Jones (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
received the item as a gift. 24 hours into use it started mixing the formula incorrectly. followed instructions, everything at correct levels. did it in the middle of the night. didn't notice until morning. baby and i didn't sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, September 5, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
I had read all the reviews and was initially hesitant to buy it. I put it on my registry at Buybuy Baby bc they have a great return policy. I think a lot of people who gave it bad reviews didn't read the directions well. I took great care to wash and completely dry everything (left parts overnight and went over it again with paper towels the next day). Before adding the powder to the top, I tested out the water levels at each setting to make sure that 2 oz was truly 2 oz. On one machine it was a miniscule bit higher, but on my other machine, it was dead on. I didn't think the tiny bit on the 2 oz setting was going to give him water toxicity. I did find that if you fill the powder container completely full, the additional pressure pushed a little more powder in than normal so I normally do a 1/2 to 3/4 fill and not hit the max line. I also found that if you have trouble re-inserting the funnel, you have to make sure the two pieces are completely aligned and flush before trying to push it back into the machine. Even a mm high would keep the drawer from going back in. The convenience of it is remarkable, so I bought a second one. I keep one upstairs and one downstairs so I don't have to run to the kitchen in the middle of the night. I only used distilled water and when I use it with Costco formula, there is no foaming that people complain about when reviewing the Costco brand formula. Since the formula is so cheap, I tend not to care if he doesn't finish the bottle within the hour. Since he is only 3 mo, we just brew 2 oz at a time and if he needs a second one, it takes 5 seconds to make another bottle. By far the best purchase I ever made for our munckin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the Negative Reviews with a Grain of Salt...or Formula, August 29, 2014
This review is from: Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker (Baby Product)
This product has been so convenient for us! After being really disappointed when nursing didn't work for my baby and me, the Baby Brezza took the stress out of formula feeding.

For those who said it caused water intoxication and a host of other problems, the instructions are very specific and should be read carefully. In fact, there is an insert that advises users to be patient and read everything thoroughly when assembling the machine for the first time. Consequently, it took about an hour to understand everything completely and wash all of the parts. Plus, the pieces need to be totally dry before assembling the machine.

Some words of advice that many reviewers have already highlighted:

The funnel needs to be washed every day and the opening of the formula reservoir needs to be wiped clean with a dry cloth. This keeps clumps from forming when the formula is dispensed. The proper measuring components need to be used. There is a measuring key for the various formulas on the market included in the instructions. When the powdered formula level falls below the MIN line (or even when you can see the orange turning wheel) is very important to refill it. Don't try to use every last bit.

If you take time to understand this product completely, there is no reason to think that your child will have some kind of digestive issue. I would recommend the Baby Brezza to my family and friends.

Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker