5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best
I love this toothbrush ... probably as much as my 9 mos old son - when I gave it to him the first time he took it, popped it in his mouth and "uhmmmm"-ed, translation "goooood!" He chewed on it for the entire 8 minutes it took me to finish up his post-bath bed-time routine !
Published on November 28, 2007 by T. Naude

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for baby to chew but doesn't clean teeth
Our baby loves chewing on this thing since it's made of soft silicone but she almost never ends up with it positioned exacly "right" in her mouth where the bristles are in contact with her teeth. It's great as a chew toy but poor as a toothbrush.
Published 14 months ago by JP

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best, November 28, 2007
This review is from: Baby Buddy: Baby's 1st Toothbrush (Baby Product)
Moving it back and forth over his itchy gums was heaven for him as he has 5 little teeth in front and 1 trying to bud out, it's been tough on my finger with the fingerbrush - I highly recommend this product, it's soft, flexible, and I know he's getting more cleaning action with this than when I use the fingerbrush - especially trying not to get chomped - (now if only there was a something to save me during breastfeeding !!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby approved, February 19, 2011
Length:: 1:06 Mins

Our very first toothbrush was actually the NUK Gerber Grins and Giggles Infant Tooth and Gum Cleanser but now that my daughter is 1 year old and has 8 teeth, we decided to try a real toothbrush. I like that there are bristles on the top & bottom and as you can see in this video, my daughter loves to chew on it. I think the handle should be more stiff so that she can hold on better like a real toothbrush but it's a minor thing. She will chew on this happily for a good 5-10 minutes. By the way, we ordered pink and got pink so there were no problems w/color choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, we both like brushing teeth!, July 24, 2007
This review is from: Baby Buddy: Baby's 1st Toothbrush (Baby Product)
My son is 15 months old and way past letting me clean his teeth with those finger brushes (he bites hard)! I've been giving him a toddler toothbrush and trying to brush his front teeth is nearly impossible, we wrestle and he cries. Although, he will chew on it for his back teeth.
From the moment I gave him this brush, he took to it and spent his whole bathtime chewing on it. He didn't want to give it up! Now he has more teeth coming in, so I'm going to purchase another one for him to chew on during the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars get it as a teether, first., March 26, 2011
the best way to approach this "toothbrush" is as a teether. let your child walk around [supervised] chewing on it...or even use it in the bath for those babies who hate bathtime, but love chewing and putting objects in their mouths. my daughter will walk around knawing on all parts of this thing [the entire product is silicone] and shes as happy as a clam! once a day ill put infant and toddler teeth gel [the flouride-free "toothpaste" for infants and toddlers] on both sides--about a pea-sized on each side--and tell her to brush her teeth. she still just walks around chewing it, but the teeth gel does help clean and it entices chewing on it to help the little silicone nubs clean the teeth. its held up well over the 6m weve had it. she loved it when it came, and she still loves it 6 teeth and 6 months later! :) very satisfied.

also, the shape and size helps prevent choking and shoving it too far back in the mouth, so lil babies can really do this one themselves. but still watch your child and everyday when you clean up the toys, inspect the little nubs and other areas chewed to make sure its not falling apart [my daughter has yet to do so, but your child may be different.]

4.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre but Wonderful... I Think, September 16, 2008
Motea (Northern NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Buddy: Baby's 1st Toothbrush (Baby Product)
This thing is strange-looking, and I can't tell if it's doing anything beneficial for my baby's teeth... but I'm amazed at how well my daughter took to it! During our nighttime routine, I hand her the toothbrush for her to "brush" while I read her a story, and she does so cheerfully. It's almost as though she knows how to use it, with all the bristles touching her teeth and gums. Funny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for baby to chew but doesn't clean teeth, June 26, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorta Pointless..., June 21, 2010
This review is from: Baby Buddy: Baby's 1st Toothbrush (Baby Product)
My daughter hated having her teeth brushed. I saw this in a catalog for baby safety items and found it cheaper on Amazon. I ordered it, thinking it would be a great choice for my teething baby.

This thing is TINY, like as long as my finger. The entire thing is made out of soft sillicone so the handle is a bit pointless - you can't really maneuver it at all. Once the baby bites down on the bristles, you can't move the thing anyway. It would make more sense if this item had a larger handle so baby could hold it and it wouldn't be as easily a choking hazard.

I found it pointless - if this was to clean her teeth, well she was cleaning her teeth just as well by sucking on her washcloth in her bath, or chewing on the edge of her blanket. Also, do know you can't pick color. We received pink - I didn't care as that we have a daughter but another may not be happy with lack of color choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!!, December 14, 2012
i got this when my daughters first teeth started coming in. she didn't like oragel or pacifiers, so teething was already a pain and i was kind of dreading brushing the teeth because the little silicone toothbrush from the safety first kit you slip on your finger was causing me to get bitten. So i figured this was a good compromise to the benefits of the silicone but not getting my fingers bitten.
Not only did this work for teeth cleaning, but she didn't want to let go of it for teething. she chewed on it constantly. it was one of the best things ever when it came to needing to keep her occupied (like if i had to clip her nails) and at the same time have a good purpose such as brushing her teeth. now at 18 months old she still wants to keep it but also has a real tooth brush and knows how to brush her teeth which i attribute to this being something she held herself and i called it a toothbrush and told her she was brushing her teeth along with it giving the same sensation on the teeth with the tiny silicone bristles.
Fantastic item, I recommend it to anyone with a baby with new teeth.

4.0 out of 5 stars He doesn't know he's brushing his teeth, March 2, 2011
MWW "MWW" (Des Moines, IA) - See all my reviews
This is a great first toothbrush. Our son likes to chew on it, but doesn't let us help him with it. So while it does get his few teeth clean, soothe his gums, and provide general merriment for him, it isn't preparing him to use a toothbrush. Overall, a good product. I'm glad we have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and useful, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Baby Buddy: Baby's 1st Toothbrush (Baby Product)
Our 11 mth old twins let us brush their few teeth with this brush. Then they enjoy chewing on it afterwards since they are teething. I'd recommend it to other Moms.

Baby Buddy: Baby's 1st Toothbrush