Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy, Blue/White
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Blue/White|Change
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 16, 2010
These are great. Those Velcro or clip straps are only good until they figure out they can rip them right off. My boy is super strong but he can't get these snap straps off. Only wish they were a little longer, but that won't deter me from giving them 5 stars.

The length is perfect for attaching pacifiers (at least the kind with handles, like Avent) - I just put the other end through the snap or button hole on his shirts.

I also love that they come two to a package, are inexpensive and come in a variety of colors. I highly recommend them. Wish I had gotten them earlier on instead of wasting money on the other straps that now just sit in a drawer.
on October 17, 2010
These are great little straps. They aren't very long, but that is to help prevent strangulation hazards. They're perfect for attaching toys or teething rings to the stroller, car seat handle, etc. The snap is strong enough that a baby can't undo it. Each strap has multiple spots where you can fasten it, so you can make it shorter or longer.

I typically use BooginHead pacifier straps to attach toys, but at nearly $5 each that gets pricey. These Baby Buddy straps are much more economical for the purpose. They are actually made in the USA too, so that makes me feel better when the baby sticks them in her mouth.

Update: My daughter is 3 years old now, and we are still using our original set of these straps to attach her sippy cup, snack cup, etc to the stroller and car seat. Who would have thought that such an inexpensive product would be useful for so long? :)
on April 25, 2013
My baby is 7 months old and does not yet have teeth. Within a few hours of total use she managed to fray one end of the strap so that the snap could have ended up in her mouth. The snap has jagged edges under the nylon webbing and this could have been very bad if she had swallowed it. We keep a close eye on her but I never would have thought a simple strap like this could be dangerous. I will not be using the other 3 straps (I bought 2 packs)!.
44 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
Bought this for my daughter, i noticed that the product is short, i was expecting it to be longer.
If i knew this item was going to be like this, i would have done this product myself, better, cooler colors and stronger.
its helpful but overpriced, you can create this by less than a 2 bucks.
on April 22, 2011
Does your baby LOVE to play the "drop it on the floor and watch Mommy pick it up for me" game? You're right, it is fun to play but I don't want to play it when we're out shopping and I have to clean the toy every time it gets dropped on the floor. This band really helped keep toys attached. Just don't plan on using it to hold larger or heavier items because the strap won't hold it. Overall, great buy!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 5, 2015
I saw these and realized that they would be very handy to have on my stroller. My son loves to throw everything I hand him, so keeping things off the ground is difficult. We purchased an umbrella stroller instead of a big travel system, but not having the child’s tray is a huge sacrifice. I’m constantly looking for new ways to keep snacks and toys within his reach when we’re out and about for shopping trips and while watching our older daughter play sports. Even though the jogging stroller I run with and take to the park has a tray, I still use these to make sure things don’t end up on the ground. Here’s what I like and don’t like about this product.

Positives:

-inexpensive: I paid $4 for these, which seems to be a great price. I did think to myself that I could make them for slightly cheaper and get the exact button position and length I want, but honestly I’m not crafty enough for that. So this was a bargain.
-Keeps items close: I use this for my “Munchkin Snack Catcher”. It loops easily around the handle and keeps the cup from falling/being thrown on the ground. I can also use it for any toy with a loop and some toys that are shaped right. I use one for the snack cup and one for a toy, then they secure around the side post of my umbrella stroller or jogging stroller (I’m posting a picture). This is a very easy, portable, inexpensive solution.
-Variety of uses: I found a few uses for them other than my stroller, I use them at restaurants to hang a toy on to help keep him busy and shopping carts to hold his snack cup while we’re shopping. They could be hung on his car seat to hold toys within his reach. I’m sure with some creativity there are a variety of other uses for these straps.

Negatives:

-Limitations: It holds some things great, but the items either have to be pretty much the right length or have a loop. So, while it holds my sons snack cup well, it won’t hold any of our sippy cups. They either have handles that have an opening where the strap can slip off (Tommee tippee, Nuk, Playtex) or there are no handles and the strap doesn't hold it. I’m going to be looking for a sippy cup that works.
-Button placement: There are 3 female end buttons on the inside that the male ends can be placed in to make it adjustable. I wish there were more female ends so the loop could have a wider variety of adjustments. It’s just a half a centimeter off from being able to snap around the thin waist section of my hourglass shaped Nubby sippy cups. It wouldn't add much more cost to throw a few extra buttons on there.

For the price I think they are very handy and plan to order an extra set with my next Amazon purchase. I love that they come in a wide variety of colors, but I will just stick to black and white, which helps them blend in. This would be a great little “extra” to give as a baby shower gift. I don’t hesitate to give it 5 stars, despite the few issues I have. For how inexpensive the price, they are very handy and I do “love it”.
review image review image review image
on November 24, 2010
These little straps work well for keeping snack cups and sippy cups off the floor. I used these to replace links which my one year old could easily undo. There isn't much to them, just a strap and some snaps, so you could easily make your own. But why bother when these are so cheap?
on April 26, 2012
Ordered these hoping I could stop picking up toys from the floor. This product is disappointing for a few reasons:

1. The straps are very short and barely allow for a child to have much movement for play
2. The snaps aren't strong and therefore even the smallest little fingers can un-do them
3. The product in general is very flimsy

If you were to get some thicker, corded straps and the snaps you could easily make these yourself and probably of better quality.
on September 23, 2013
I live in NYC and don't have a car. Most of my commuting is done via walking, the subway, buses, or taxis. That being said, if my son were to drop his toys on the ground, we'd need to burn them. We have lots of Secure-A-Toys attached to his most prized take-along toys. The snaps are firm and are positioned on the "rope" at different lengths, making it's sizable to fit around even odd shaped toys. Prior to finding these toy leashes, I purchased a few more expensive versions at baby boutiques and find the versatility of these to be far superior. And, for the price, it's a no brainer!
on March 21, 2015
Simple but so useful, when I go out in public with my little one she likes to drop her teething toys and finding a clean sink to wash them in (I don't really like the wipe idea, feels inadequate) but this cuts all of that hassle out. When I can't find something to loop the other end around (like an armrest, car seat handle or stroller tray) I simply loop it around my wrist and it's a perfect fit! Great price, great buy.
review image