Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 questions
votes
The Ergo is a wonderful carrier that you, your spouse and baby can use comfortably for hours, whether you're running errands, traveling, hiking or just hanging out with your baby at home. I have used them with all my three kids - there are three types: * Original (like the Black/camel one), made of thick cotton with soft shoulder straps. It has a pocket in front with a zipper for your wallet, keys, cell phone, passport, etc. I've had this one for 4 years with 3 kids, still going strong. * Performance - a snug fit with thick contoured straps - I found this one very uncomfortable and the space for baby too small, so I returned it. However, many parents do like it. * Ergo Sport - a lightweight version of the original, with a streamlined design. Great for summer, has longer straps than the original, but it doesn't have the storage pocket in front for personal items. The original provides more coverage & warmth for the baby. The Ergos can be used with young babies if you use it with a ERGObaby Infant Insert Heart2Heart - it works well up till about 4-5 months. After this you can use the Ergo by itself. You can nurse with it on in privacy (with attached cover) and baby can nap as well. Amazon's main page has all three carrier styles lumped together in one page which is unfortunate because they are so different. If you want the original, look for soft padded straps such as the Ergo Baby Carrier Black with Camel Lining, also in camel, cranberry, etc; the ERGObaby Carrier - Blue Sport is available in red sport, sport blue or the black with contrast stitching - it has eight black snaps in the front; the ERGObaby Performance Carrieris the lime green or grey/navy one and has a large pouch with a horizontal zipper (for rain hood). There is an ERGO baby Winter Weather Cover available that attaches to the Ergo - expensive @$40 but very thick and good for winter months. There is also a $50 Ergo Baby ERG-WCR414 Water-Resistant Weather Cover that is basically a thin outer shell that snaps into this fleece cover - great for rain. These are worth it if you have twins or are outdoors a lot - I wish I had gotten both during this past winter instead of struggling with snowsuits, big bulky coats and trying to push a stroller while holding an umbrella. I also wish they were less expensive!
Jun 5, 2011 by Justbooking
votes
I have the original for year around and the Sport which is lighter cotton and more streamlined and a lot cooler. The Performance is terrible - way more confining and hot for baby (I;ve had all three, returned the Performance). Below is my amazon review: **** The Ergo is a wonderful carrier that you, your spouse and baby can use comfortably for hours, whether you're running errands, traveling, hiking or just hanging out with your baby at home. I have used them with all my three kids - there are three types: * Original (like the Black/camel one), made of thick cotton with soft shoulder straps. It has a pocket in front with a zipper for your wallet, keys, cell phone, passport, etc. I've had this one for 4 years with 3 kids, still going strong. * Performance - a snug fit with thick contoured straps - I found this one very uncomfortable and the space for baby too small, so I returned it. However, many parents do like it. Be advised that it has a LOT more coverage than the other Ergos so it may not be cooler in warm weather. * Ergo Sport - a lightweight version of the original, with a streamlined design. Great for summer, has longer straps than the original, but it doesn't have the storage pocket in front for personal items. The original provides more coverage & warmth for the baby. The Ergos can be used with young babies if you use it with a ERGObaby Infant Insert Heart2Heart - it works well up till about 4-5 months. After this you can use the Ergo by itself. You can nurse with it on in privacy (with attached cover) and baby can nap as well. Amazon's main page has all three carrier styles lumped together in one page which is unfortunate because they are so different. If you want the original, look for soft padded straps such as the Ergo Baby Carrier Black with Camel Lining, also in camel, cranberry, etc; the ERGObaby Carrier - Blue Sport is available in red sport, sport blue or the black with contrast stitching - it has eight black snaps in the front; the ERGObaby Performance Carrieris the lime green or grey/navy one and has a large pouch with a horizontal zipper (for rain hood). There is an ERGO baby Winter Weather Cover available that attaches to the Ergo - expensive @$40 but very thick and good for winter months. There is also a $50 Ergo Baby ERG-WCR414 Water-Resistant Weather Cover that is basically a thin outer shell that snaps into this fleece cover - great for rain. These are worth it if you have twins or are outdoors a lot - I wish I had gotten both during this past winter instead of struggling with snowsuits, big bulky coats and trying to push a stroller while holding an umbrella. I also wish they were less expensive!
Dec 18, 2011 by Justbooking
votes
Ergo has a very small waist band compared to other similar carriers. The waist extends to 43 inches (51 with the extender that you can purchase). The Beco Butterfly Beco Gemini and Boba 3G both extend to 57 inches. The Pikkolo extends to 54. The Pattapum to 55. The Action Baby Carrier to 53. The Anglepack to 50. The Babyhawk Oh Snap to 66. The Olives and Applesauce to 60. Check out thebabywearer.com for tons of helpful information on babywearing and different carriers (there are tons of great carriers out there, way more than what you see in stores or even on Amazon).
Jan 22, 2012 by New York Mom
votes
yes...even i am confused what they mean by premmie-premmie size. there is no explanation. can anyone help answer that?
Dec 17, 2012 by Ruchi S.
votes
I am 5'4" and have an ergo baby carrier. This is a great question to ask. The carrier fits my husband who is 5'8" much better than it fits me. At my height, it sits very low on the hips, which I like because it helps equally distribute baby weight over the entire back. This is the reason I bought the carrier. It does a fantastic job of distributing weight across mom or dad's body. I also find it very safe as I am very clumsy and worry about falling with baby. I would def try it out before investing the $$$. For me, I regret this purchase. 1. My baby is very hot natured and gets too hot being next to me. 2. The newborn insert makes the carrier way too bulky for me. 3. This is designed for average or thin adults. This is not designed for large busted women or overweight women. There is not enough room for all of mom and a baby too. 4. My baby is small and not yet able to completely straddle me, so he does not sit comfortably. At 7 months, I am getting a frame backpack carrier for general toting around. I had one with his brother and he loved it. Plus it solves all of the above issues. I knew better but I wanted the closeness the Ergo provided. Good luck!
Jul 30, 2011 by Deep South Mama
votes
Amazon is not an authorized retailer anymore because they have been using several outside retailers that sell counterfeits. It is best to buy elsewhere. See official ergobaby website for more details. I received a counterfeit ergo via amazon. I am not impressed.
Jan 18, 2013 by N. P.
votes
90lbs on your front or back is a lot of weight regardless of any testing. I think the 40lb recommendation is to cover liability in case someone tries to sue because they shoved their 5 year old kid in it.
Oct 12, 2011 by Georgina
votes
My son is 2 months old and successfully nurses while in our Ergo. The shoulder straps loosen quite a bit so that your baby can sit lower in order to reach the breast. You can buy sling type carriers that put the baby in a more natural position for nursing but I always found that I still had to hold baby up to the breast because I couldn't get the carrier to adjust perfectly. In the Ergo my son can nurse completely hands free. I have heard that the Moby wraps are good for nursing in but I've never had one. I love my Ergo. It's by far the most comfortable carrier I have ever owned and it can hold up to 35 lbs so we will get a few years out it.
Jun 12, 2012 by D. Pennington
votes
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Jun 7, 2012 by Amazon Customer
votes
This will work for a newborn if you purchase the insert for newborn is available with the carrier.
Jun 16, 2014 by jerrykkk
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers