Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 6, 2014
I purchased the first edition of this book when I was a new parent. Since then, I've bought copies as baby shower gifts for all my friends who were having their first child. I always tell them that babies don't come with owners' manuals, but if they did, this book is what such a manual would look like. It would be worth the price for the medical and first aid section alone. And, as an added benefit, it is strongly grounded in the Christian faith.
on November 13, 2008
I give this book to all the expectant mothers I know. Sometimes I even give a copy to the grandparents, too. I discovered the FOF Baby & Child Care Guide after my daughter had our first grandchild. I have confidence in Focus on the Family publications and I ordered a copy for her. I was so pleased with the content and the balanced advice. (Not all children are the same, so one answer does not fit all.) Now whenever we have a friend who is expecting a baby I order another book. I enjoy hearing someone who already has a copy tell the recipient "That's a good book. You'll use it a lot." We found the diagnostic information to be so accurate that when our grandson went to the doctor, what the doctor told us was what we had already read in the Child Care book.
on March 2, 2009
This book provides wonderful and sound advice for parents. It discusses how to provide proper care for your child, what is normal for children in each developmental stage,how to help your child in their development,and how to train children (sleep through the night, potty training, discipline, etc.)It also includes a basic medical section on what type of things to look for when your child is sick or injured and what rememdies you can safely do at home, as well as when you need to take them to a doctor. I bought this first for a niece who works in South America where the medical care is not always reliable, and she has found it very helpful in helping her care for her young children. Now, I like giving it as a gift to new mothers.
on December 14, 2013
This book is wonderful! Sure, you can look up answers to your questions on the web, but reading through this book before baby comes helps you prepare for what you might not expect with first baby.
Very thorough and informative and covers every topic you can think of.
on January 8, 2013
My child is only 5 months old but I really appreciate this book. It's format is not the easiest but the information is friendly and helpful, acknowledging differing opinions on subjects. I will use this for many many years!
on November 26, 2011
I am a chaplain. The company I work for uses this book to give away as a gift to new moms when I visit them in the hospital. I purchased this one to give to my niece when she had her baby. All of the moms who receive these books really appreciate them and use them often.
on July 29, 2014
I think this is a great book for general things to look out for in terms of milestones and medical concerns. It has a faith based perspective which is nice. For first time parents it was good to have a general knowledge and then we could look at specifics in a different more in depth resource if we needed to.
on June 13, 2014
My sister in law (with five kids) recommended this book and it is quite good. There is just tons of important information written by experts in the field and it's written in a very non-judgmental way. I also like how well laid out and organized it is so it's easy to find the section of information you need without sorting through a lot of stuff that doesn't apply to your particular situation. I would recommend.
on April 20, 2014
I gave this to a new mom as a resource for her. I think it was helpful for her and gave her some place she could go if she had any concerns in regards to her baby. Our precious little ones do not come with built-in instructions. It can be an un-nerving and uncertain time for a young, new mom when things come up and she doesn't know where to turn.
on August 22, 2014
Great book to give to new parents! I purchased copies to give away as gifts and everyone appreciated it very much! I has everything from before the baby is born into the teen years!