‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Music does not get better than this!, August 4, 2006
guillermoj (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
Regina Belle is one of those amazing singers who has been so stellar for so many years, but it was not until the massive success of the song "Baby Come To Me" that a wide audience was exposed to her magic. She never reached that pinacle again because her amazing appeal is not the fast food that most crave.

If you are a fan, I need not say anymore as I am preaching to the choir. If you happen to find this listing by error or because you were guided to it based on another purchase that you have made think of Regina as the very best of Anita, Patti (both LaBelle and Austin), Gladys but entirely original. Regina has a powerhouse vocal range that is so powerful yet equally stunning when quiet and controlled. She is a child of interpretative singers so that when she sings you listen as she tells you what she feels.

This package is the best that you'll find if you only want one release as it has all her most known/popular songs. I have bought most of her releases as her voice, like say a Luther Vandross, can move you and remind you of the power of music. While most who may not even have heard "Baby Come To Me" must have heard it least "A Whole New World" fromDisney's "Alladin" which is a great song but only skims the surface as songs like "If I Could", "This Is Love", "Make It Like It Was" and great remakes of "Didn't I" and Teddy's "Love TKO" really show you Regina's range. Many others have tried to tackle "Love TKO" (even Hall & Oates, who I really like) but Regina's version is the only one that I heard that stands out among the many who have taken a shot at it.

If you like big voices with masterful control, buy this without hesitation. 5 easily earned stars. Keep on singing Regina!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not disappoint, October 13, 2007
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
I recently saw Regina in concert which prompted me to buy her CD. Needless to say, like her performance, her CD did not disappoint!! Her vocal skills coupled with beautifully written lyics and music combine to provide a great listening experience. I am amazed that Regina has not gained more recognition as she is truly one of the great voices of her generation along with Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey & Anita Baker. Definitely a must buy for any fan of really good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding in every way, June 1, 2006
Ah yes the soulful, jazzy sounds of Regina Belle

I happened to come across this cd on Amazon.com quite by accident. Having never heard of Regina Belle i did play some of the sound samples and loved everyone of them. After that I decided to purchase the CD. Every time I play it I like it just that much more.

Her voice reminds me a little of Billie Holiday with a helping of Dinah Washington, Roberta Flack, Gladys Knight and Patti La belle thrown in. Soulful, powerful and beautiful vocal styling's all in one voice, amazing. It is very easy to get caught up in the emotion of the song that she is singing because she makes the songs so personal.

"Didn't I blow your mind". This is one of my favorite songs by the Stylistics and I didn't think that anyone could do it better and then I heard Regina Belle sing it and I was totally blown away, what an incredible voice and style.

Another one of my favorite songs is "Baby come to me" that is every bit as good as the Patti Austin/James Ingram version.

"Love TKO", Originally a Tedd Pendegrass composition, truly brought to life by Regina with the amazing power in her sweet voice.

My Favorite Aladdins Theme with Peabo Bryson, What a song what a voice what a duet. Absolutely astounding and beautiful.

Every song on this cd is a great listen. Both the production and engineering are done very well and serve to highlight Regina's style.

What we have here is fourteen great songs made better by the fact that Regina Belle is singing them. If you like the sound of a stunning female voice singing then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars UNFAIRLY UNDERATED SINGER!, September 27, 2007
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
With all the so-so mega millionaire singers in the industry, it shouldn't,but does, amaze me that this singer, who can belt a song out, the likes of Aretha (but smoother), Etta James (but more polished), Nancy Wilson (but more powerful); is so unfairly overlooked. Bad management perhaps?

I don't know but whatever the reasons this woman's career didn't escalate like Celine Dion's is beyond reasoning. Her recording of "If I Could" (initially sung beautifully by Fancy Nancy herself), alone, is reason enough to purchase this cd. "So Many Tears" and "Baby Come to Me" are close favoritesBaby Come to Me: The Best of Regina Belle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic songs from a classic,classy Lady !, December 4, 2005
Blair Snake (Cincinnati,Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
What this collection provides (apart from some of the best mature pop songs from the past twenty years) is proof undeniable of the passion,honesty,professionality and style of Ms. Regina Belle and her staying power - believe me when I say she'll be around for years to come.
For all those interested in Regina, "Baby Comre To Me - The Best of Regina Belle" is the true place to start. I knew who Regina was from back in 1987 when she really broke, but I never thought of buying one of her albums until this album was released. I bought this for Christmas 2004 and haven't looked back since.
The musical genius on display here is overwhelming , to say the least, and it led me to buy four other Regina's albums which I highly recommend - " ALL BY MYSELF", "STAY WITH ME","PASSION "and 'REACHIN' BACK".
All the 14 tracks on this album are gorgeous,cutting-edge songs you just want to hear over and over again, there is nothing that isn't good. If you listen to the lyrics (and since Regina sings so clearly, it's easy to do so) you will have to agree that they are outstanding and original and not a single one is mushy.
There are songs on this album for everyone, whether you are a R&B/Soul fan, a pop lover or more into jazzy songs.
My message to all you out there is : buy this record, enjoy it and if you get a chance to go to a concert of hers, do so because it's an experience you'll never forget.
Regina is truly one of the coolest of women in the known SOUL/JAZZ world, and her style is just incredibly refreshing and up to date!
Buy this CD now to discover a true song-stylist that will stick around for longer than you might have initially expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars A splendid album with exceptionally modern Soul/Jazz vocals., November 1, 2005
Kitty (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
Who ever said that R&B was dead? Who proclaimed that Neo Soul started with D'Angelo,Badu,Lauryn Hill and Jill Scott?
Please,listen to this album and only after that,you may decide...
This worldwide critically acclaimed singer will make you change your mind ( and eventually will break your heart with her gorgeous,haunting songs )...because she is Neo Soul and classic R&B altogether with a very pleasant hint of Jazz.
Please,avoid any label and definition before hearing this marvelous collection of great songs which cannot be sung in a more inspired,soulful and modern way.
Despite its release in 1997,the sound is distinctive,contemporary and innovative and I really would like to recommend it to all people from 10 to 100 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF MY FAVORITE CDS, November 29, 2000
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
What can I say about Regina Belle? She is a great singer and an excellent performer. She has been a favorite of mine since 1986. I love the songs So Many Tears, Make It Like It was, How Could You Do It To Me, Show Me The Way and so many, many more. This CD offers an extended version of Show Me The Way and it sounds so good. This is a beautiful CD to add to your collection, if you don't have it pick it up ASAP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belle At Her Best, September 3, 2000
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
Regina Belle's "Best Of" is a smart collection of her works from the 80's to the middle 90's. Her brilliant, mighty and unique voice shines and gives this cd a delicate atmosphere who reminds me of Jody Watley or Karyn White' s albums. The cd contains several beautiful and dazzling ballads such as "If I could" or "This is love". Personnaly, I think that "didn't I (Blow your mind this time)" is Regina's best song ever (with "I got it" from "Believe in me"), a touching, elegant and sublime masterwork produced by the great Denzil Foster and Thomas Mc Elroy (En Vogue, Gabrielle, ...).

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Listening Pleasure, Over, and Over, and Over, February 17, 2004
Sista TeeBiscuit "letthegoodtimesroll" (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
Very few female artists would I dare listen to on CD--a cappella in a room with no other sound--Regina is certainly one of them (as is Anita Baker, Stephanie Mills, Whitney Houston, Denise Williams, etc.) What beautiful vocals she lends to any musical sheet, with such crisp, clear, inviting, soulful and lengthy acoustics that I wish I could trade places with her. Truly a plesure to listen to, and I do have all of her CDs. Do not miss this array of extraordinary & diverse singing talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Talent and Vocals, September 26, 2001
Sandra (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Come to Me: Best of (Audio CD)
I like the album, "Baby come to me: The best of Regina Belle", because of the mood of the music. The music itself was soothing and I enjoyed listening to the sounds. Eventhough, I am not an R&B fanatic, her music is very exciting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Baby Come to Me: Best of
Baby Come to Me: Best of by Regina Belle (Audio CD - 1997)
Rate and Discover Movies