5.0 out of 5 stars Great for traveling
Published on September 26, 2010 by liz8

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not recommend
The size is great for travel, and it works well with all European outlets - never had an electrical problem unlike people I traveled with that brought regular appliances.

BUT.. as other reviews have stated, the iron really doesn't get that hot.

Published on June 20, 2011 by Francesca M. Catalano

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for traveling, September 26, 2010
This is the perfect size for traveling and works pretty well for it's size. My husband and I went to Italy and wanted to carry on all of our luggage, so I needed something that wouldn't take up space. The case doubles as a heat protective mat, so not only could you set it down on anything, but you could wrap it up and pack it while it was still hot. It heats up fast and the dual voltage is perfect for traveling anywhere. It takes a little longer to straighten my hair than with my regular sized one, but was perfect for the trip.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not recommend, June 20, 2011

BUT.. as other reviews have stated, the iron really doesn't get that hot.

I didn't think this would be an issue because I have VERY thin hair, but the combination of low heat and small size ended up being an annoyance that I didn't want to afford while traveling.

The item itself did not feel cheaply made, was easy to handle, and came with a convenient heat protection pouch. But, I wish I would have gone with a different product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Travel, December 1, 2011
Definitely works very well for travel, but because of the small size just beware it will take you a bit longer to straighten all of your hair if you have a lot like me. I was able to straighten and curl with it, love that it comes with the case as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Travel, October 22, 2011
Les Leary (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This little iron was wonderful on a trip to Italy. It is dual voltage so to use I only needed the plug converter. Not my Chi straightener but with the limits on luggage weight this will be going on many trips with me. The heat proof case was very useful too. No packing delay in the mornings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me, August 27, 2010
Slamb "Susan Lamb" (Westlake Village, Ca) - See all my reviews
Hey everyone! I am a guy with medium long thick straight hair. Sorta like an emo/scene style and this product is great. My goal was to flat iron my hair so I could give it a more beachy look with different flips and curls. It looks way better. This mini flat iron is the perfect size and it doesn't feel cheap. It heats up pretty fast but its not the fastest. If you want a 30 second heat up, this mini is not for you. It takes like 1 minute to heat up. My brother has pretty curly hair and he has a mini flat iron like me, but not the same one. He has the Jose Eber petite flat iron which is even smaller than mine and heats up in 30 seconds. I highly recommend that one too. The croc however, I think, is better for thicker hair because it has a slightly bigger plate. You can grab a little more hair and if you run through your hair slowly it flattens it out and makes it really straight. Also, I like that this flat iron has spring plates which means it doesnt completely crush your hair. It adjusts to your hair. This is supposed to be healthier for your hair. One way to check if it has spring plates (I don't know what the plates are really called) is if you press down on the plates and it moves up into the iron. Remember to buy a thermal heat protector if you blow dry and flat iron your hair daily. Thats what i do with this iron and it makes my hair shinier than when i use the flat iron alone. It also protects your hair from heat damage and makes it look and feel healthier. If you have longer hair you shouldn't go for the mini flat irons.

4.0 out of 5 stars hot little number, June 24, 2011
I bought this mainly for my upcoming trip to europe but also because the ceramic in my old one actually burnt out and was damaging my hair every time I used it. I plan to get the actual 1.5" Croc iron because my hairdresser uses it on my hair and it works really well. The mini actually works pretty well also and for me it gets more than hot enough in only a couple minutes. I found that I only needed to run the iron through my hair once for it to get straight. The finish isn't exactly as smooth as the regular 1.5" Croc iron but it's pretty close. I have long coarse hair and I was concerned about the size but I was able to get my whole head done in about 30 mins. In general, the iron feels sturdy and durable and the swivel cord means it wont snap with continued use. I'm very pleased with it so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for the money!, October 9, 2010
T. Mountain (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I needed a flat iron that was dual voltage that didn't take up too much room in my luggage & didn't cost a fortune. While this doesn't heat up as fast or as much as my CHI, it worked on my week long trip to Spain like a champ. Only had to buy a plug converter that worked with all of my other dual voltage apliances. Yeah!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Croc Review, February 22, 2010
sheri aipia (kaneohe, HI United States) - See all my reviews
I had ordered this item because I had seen the results of the Mama Croc - which I ordered also. I needed a mini straightner so that I can just do my bangs. This one works wonderfully. I only need go through my bangs once. It heats up really fast and just as hot as the full size Croc. I love the bag and the convenience of just putting it in my purse.

5.0 out of 5 stars best mini flat iron i've owned!, August 22, 2011
this baby croc flat iron is by far the best one I've had!
it heats up sooo fast (within 2 minutes!)
the only drawback is that you can't lower or raise the heat..it just has an on & off switch.
overall, i definitely recommend this product!!!!
I've had over 5 flat irons in the past year and this is my favorite and definitely better than some of the larger ones!
it does the job and it does it well (:

2.0 out of 5 stars Better than nothing, November 12, 2010
erin c (Seattle WA) - See all my reviews
This travel iron doesn't get very hot and it takes forever to go through my hair. I'd much rather travel with one twice the size and spend 1/4 of the time on my hair. Who has 30 minutes to straighten hair when traveling? I do throw this in my gym bag from time to time in case I want to straighten my bangs, but forget it for overall use.

Baby Croc Mini Flat Iron FI-26X