Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ddrops Baby 400 IU, 90 drops 2.5mL (0.08 fl.oz)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 11, 2013
We got this to replace the Enfamil D-Vi-Sol product that is the standard you get at a pharmacy and it is perfect. The Enfamil stuff is junk, just read the ingredient list and ask yourself why a newborn cares what color it is, what flavor it has and why the number one ingredient is glycerol, basically fake sugar. Now the Ddops just has one thing other than the vitamin D, it uses refined coconut oil as the solution to put the vitamin in instead of glycerol. Nothing else, no fake color or flavoring, no ploysorbate 80 whatever that is, just coconut oil and Vitamin D. And you just need one drop, not a huge eye dropper full to the brim.

And for the size of the bottle, yes it does not come full. If it did you would have a several year supply! Remember the dose is one drop, not one ml like the others. The packaging in several places states that this should not be full and just the bottom 1/4 or so should be, so as long as it is sealed you did not get a dud.

And finally, if you are looking at this you are most likely doing it because you just want the vitamin, not the extra junk that just makes it look like you are giving a full dose, give this product a try.
44 comments|205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
My pediatrician told us to start our newborn on Vitamin D drops, so we chose these since you only have to give them one drop, not a whole syringe full. You just put it on your nipple and let the baby get it while they feed. Very easy!
11 comment|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
We've had no issues with this. R is one year old and is huge, healthy and strong, but that's mainly due to the BFeeding. Though likely a combo of both. Started using this at Ped's suggestion at about 2 months. Don't believe the HCL claims of it being dangerous. Not to be insulting, but to try and fully explain WHY it is not dangerous, I would virtually have to cram a college education into this little box. Suffice it to say that there is oxygen and hydrogen in rocket fuel. A highly volatile substance. However you drink the same two ingredients, in another mixture, everyday. Hence, though rocket fuel and water include two of the exact ingredients, they're not the same (Think ions and isotopes). Also, the dropper is not a problem as some claim. And actually, the dropper is probably the best part! The other brands require A LOT of liquid for a dosage (syringes). Yes, this product does take about two seconds to form the drip. BUT it is virtually controlled and there is only ONE drop to administer to your baby, as directions state. In terms of risk analysis, would you rather the stuff squirt all over the place and then risk giving your newborn a 'bar shot' worth of vit D or simply be patient and almost ensure no more than a literal drop will be delivered into your newborn? Common sense people. One last note: A negative reviewer stated something about "the bottle was almost empty!"...Yes, the bottle is no where near 'full'....but...wait for it...because...the rate of usage and the expiration date would not match up. So, if the bottle were 'full', about 90% of the product would remain when the expiration date arrived. As a new (and overly protective daddy), I hope my own experience and opinion assists someone else when solely making there own decision.
on May 9, 2012
After having my infant spit half of the sugary vitamin D I got from the drug store all over himself and vomiting the rest every time I tried to give it to him, I was so happy to find this product. One drop is all you need and it doesn't have a flavor or odor that deters him from eating.
on January 25, 2013
My pediatrician gave me a sample and I couldn't find these anywhere else except on Amazon. I wish the had a different dispensing system but it works. Just tip the bottle upside down to get a drop on your finger, then let the baby suck your finger.
on March 24, 2013
These are a great way to get the vitamin D that infants need. Only one drop on the nipple or pacifier is a full dose and tasteless.
on March 7, 2016
It is so nice to only have to give my baby one drop a day. However, be mindful that the drop comes out very slowly, and often the next drop is right behind and comes out quicker. Also, I have seen brands for the same price that have 200 drops... so I will try one of those next time.
on June 9, 2015
Arrived with plastic dropper insert missing. Luckily I still had my old bottle or I wouldn't have been able to use it
review image
on April 29, 2016
I like that these drops are more natural and have no artificial junk in them. They are great for nursing babies and easy to administer that way. I like that each dose is just one pre-weighted drop- makes things so simple.
on May 2, 2016
I did a lot of research and these are the best vitamin D drops as far as ingredients. But unfortunately they gave my baby bad gas. I recommend trying them because they're better than the competition, but just beware in case your LO gets gassy. Also, as others have pointed out, the dropper is horrible. I ended up just putting a drop on my finger and letting her suck it off. I tried putting it on my nipple before nursing but it was impossible to see how many drops she was getting.