Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: RedChange
Price:$5.42+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 3, 2009
**Please see my update at the bottom of my old review.

My twin 9-month olds, like all babies of that age, love to show when they're displeased by throwing something. When they try that with the Bendy Ball, most of the time they forget why they got upset.

This cute thing can be bent while holding and you can put your fingers inside it. Plus the ball inside that you can't quite get out has a little ball inside it that sounds like a bell almost. If you want to throw it to show your displeasure at something, you'll end up putting your fingers into it first. Those distractions are priceless.

By the time baby finally rolls this ball, it is with a positive frame of mind, and she wants it back to try again.
I can see that this durable little toy is going to be used in many ways and constantly. It's a lot of fun to roll their way and see how they try to figure out what to do with it.

Beyond that, the colors are great. The 5 outer caterpillar parts on diameter are cute. I think this is an educational toy that teaches about hand manipulation.

**Update 11/23/2013:
Wow, has this toy changed! One look at the photo and it's obvious it changed. It now looks like a cheap hard plastic with a shiny surface and less intricate shape. What I got and my girls enjoyed back in 2009 was a denser non-reflective rubber-like toy that wouldn't hurt if it were thrown by one toddler at another. My twins threw it at each other and nobody cried. I had this at 5-stars because it deserved it at that time.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
This video highlights the features of the bendy ball that you can't see in the photos.
2626 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 7, 2009
A mom in my group had a similar one of these for her baby who just loved it. So when we were walking through the baby aisles at Target, we saw this one and just put it in the stroller with our baby to see if he would like it--and he played with it the entire time! So, of course, we bought it!

He has many other rattle-type toys meant for grabbing, but this is the first one he has actually grabbed on to and played with. It is very sturdy and actually a little heavier than I anticipated by just looking at it--I was worried it might be too heavy for him to pick up (since we had never really seen him pick up anything before) but he manages with no problems!
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2010
This is a poorly designed product. The photo conceals the fact that the rounded-off struts forming the grabbing surface of the ball are completely flat on the back. This creates a hard, quite sharp edge wherever the child grasps the ball and it can scrape the skin if the child shakes her hand it to let go (like some other reviewers' kids, our son sometimes had trouble figuring out how to release his grasp at first and would try to shake it off his hand). It's also fairly heavy, firm plastic so when the child flings it it can hurt a toe or forehead, though not seriously.

The toy is really not suitable for young babies, and I am surprised it is so popular. We got rid of this one and got a few Oballs ] - similar concept, minus the ball inside, but made of truly soft and rounded-off rubbery plastic. It super easy for babies to grab and toss, and light enough that it can't hurt anyone even if thrown hard. Another version also includes a rattle, which our son liked. (I have nothing to do with Oball and am NOT trying to astroturf -- just annoyed at Baby Einstein for selling this poorly thought out product).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2009
Oball makes balls similar to this one and our children love them. They even make the baby version with a rattle inside. My children prefer the regular without the rattle and it will be played with for years rather than as a baby toy that will soon be forgotten. My kids put small stuffed animals inside the ball and roll them around the room. They are also easy for little fingers to hang on to. Get the Oball! Skip this one. This ball has that smiley face thing that makes the ball roll less smoothly across the floor.
on March 11, 2013
There are eight exposed screws on this Baby Einstein product - I am going to attach a photo to show them. While our adult fingers can't get in the rattle's holes to grasp or scrape against them, the placement of these screws is easily reached by tiny baby fingers. My daughter has already gotten her fingernails caught in them once which caused her some pain. Terrible!

I purchased this Rhino Toys one instead which is much better as it is one-piece construction, also soft plastic easily grasped by baby hands - baby loves it and I love it.
review image
on September 9, 2012
My baby got this as a present when he was born. He's never been very interested in it. The caterpillar seems to make it awkward and heavy for a little baby. However, he loves any oball he encounters. I also discovered this company will not provide chemical information but the Oball is labelled as BPA/phathalate free.
on September 23, 2009
I like this toy because my almost 6-month old son can easily grab and hold on to it. However, he's at the stage where he wants to put everything in his mouth, and he tends to get frustrated becaues this doesn't really lend itself to being chewed on. I think he'll like it more when he can play with it like a ball, rather than trying to use it as a teether.
on October 5, 2010
After receiving this as a gift, I contacted the company that produces this toy to ask whether the plastic contains any BPA, PVC, or phthalates. I received a form reply, indicating that their plastics comply with federal law for children's products but failing to actually answer my question regarding the content of the plastic. I wrote back, asking for more detail and never received a reply.

My child likes this toy very much but because everything goes in his mouth (whether it's intended for that or not), I can't let him play with it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2011
I bought this product from amazon last month. If I was shopping anything from amazon, I always get a couple of toys for my twin baby girls. After seeing the almost five star Baby Einstein Bendy Ball and reading all the good comments about it, I decided to get it for my 3 mons old girls.

I was happy to receive the toy after two days of free shipping, and just like the picture online it's a colorful and interesting toy. I was anticipating it to bring new sense stimulation to my girls.

However when I opened its plastic bag a HORRIBLR PLASCTIC SMELLING came out. It smelled like stink cheap plastic material. This definitely made me concerned about giving it to my babies. I tried everything to get rid of the smelling. I washed it with soapy water several times, used hot water rinsed it, put it in the freezer to kill the name it...but the smelling is still there. It is so stinky that I don't even want to touch it afraid of poison.

I really liked the design of this ball, and if the company uses a better material I would possibly love it. But now I have to throw away this toy because it is not safe for my babies.