4.0 out of 5 stars What you would like and probably wouldn't like
We like:
- The movement-activated star that lights and sounds.
- The variety of toys.
- The print of the mat combining real images and illustrations.
- You can attach toys to the mat, not just the arcs above the baby.

We don't like that much, but tolerate:
Published on March 5, 2012 by Heidi

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed
I like this little gym, but I do have a few complaints about it. I'll start with what I like.

Pros:
* Very bright and cheerful
* Toys are cute and interesting
* Has a small footprint
* Easy to assemble
* I like the music on the Star

Cons:
* It's smaller than I would have liked
* I was afraid the Star that blinks and...
Published on June 19, 2012 by Bekki

4.0 out of 5 stars What you would like and probably wouldn't like, March 5, 2012
Heidi (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Caterpillar and Friends Play Gym (Baby Product)
We like:
- The movement-activated star that lights and sounds.
- The variety of toys.
- The print of the mat combining real images and illustrations.
- You can attach toys to the mat, not just the arcs above the baby.

We don't like that much, but tolerate:
- Polyester fabric is too... "slick" so baby can't gain traction during tummy time in order to crawl.
- Rings for hanging toys are not enough. Some of the toys would be too high so we got some extra rings and used then to also hang other soft toys we had. You could get the Bright Starts Lots of Links.

Hope my review helps you.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed, June 19, 2012

Pros:
* Very bright and cheerful
* Toys are cute and interesting
* Has a small footprint
* Easy to assemble
* I like the music on the Star

Cons:
* It's smaller than I would have liked
* I was afraid the Star that blinks and plays music would give my daughter a stroke. The blinking light was so fast and crazy it scared her, so when we use it, we lay it face down on the floor, which negates half of its purpose
* The material is very slippery, so when my daughter started rolling, she would slip around and then get caught up on the arms

My biggest complaint is the Star and how fast it blinks. Had I known this before I spent the money on it, I would not have purchased this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, November 16, 2012
I bought this gym for our third baby with a gift card someone gave me because our older Baby Einstein gym was worn out after being LOVED by 2 kids. I am so disappointed - we loved the original, but this one has some huge flaws, mainly in the setup. Since the bars do not cross, the gym doesn't just "pop" open when you put it down, so you have to use two hands to set it up (which is not easy to do when you're holding a baby at the same time). It also doesn't lie flat; the edges of the mat curl up against the bars because the clips are so far underneath. Also the toys are huge and made of hard plastic, so they hang down low (even from the top rings, the dog and frog practically hit my baby's head). Lastly, there is no support pillow with this one for tummy time. Unfortunately we washed the mat before we set it up, so there's no way for us to return the gym for a better one.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, December 11, 2012
Could be a lot better. I think your paying more for the Baby Einstein label etc than anything. Toys seem a tad cheap and the star that lights up doesn't stay on very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this play gym, February 13, 2012
I bought this for my 2 1/2 month old little girl last week and she loved it right away!!!! The first time I put her on it I propped her head and neck up with one of those neck pillows. She loved looking at the lights on the star hanging above her head. She also swatted at the bear and the frog time and time again. She was happy on the mat for about 30-45 minutes minutes!! The next time I put her on the mat she was there for about 45 minutes to an hours just making noises cooing and gooing at everything. She was so excited that she scooted herself off of the neck pillow and the next time I looked over I couldn't believe my eyes!! She had found the mirror to her left when she turned her head. At first she was looking at the black and white side and then she realized that when she would hit it that there was a different side to it and she had herself completely turned on her side for about 10 minutes looking into the mirror!!! She was so determined to roll over. She started to get frustrated only because she couldn't turn over because her arm was in the way, so I propped her back on the neck pillow and twice she rolled herself over onto her belly so she could see the mirror!!!!!! I am so happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone! Great price too and we got it super fast!!! Easy to take along as well!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really cute play gym, April 10, 2012
Love Baby Einstein products. Wonderful baby gym. Colors are really nice and has everything your baby needs to enjoy. Music is nice and the lights too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for your little one!, October 7, 2013
My son is 3 months and is very active. He plays with all of the attachments and also has a nice grip. The ability to add more attachments is also nice. All parents should get this for their little one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 6, 2013
I love this gym because it is so colorful and cheery. However baby does not seem to like it nearly as much as I do. Maybe because he gets over stimulated really quickly. The only part I truly dislike is the star when it is on, it does seem like it could give my child a stroke it blinks so fast. Other than that I hope he will start to like it soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars The star is amazing for baby!, December 15, 2011
This playmat is great, and the reason is the light-up musical star. My seven-week old daughter smiles and even coos everytime I lay her down on the playmat and turn the star on during her activity time. It is so cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice, April 7, 2014
My 2week old baby really like it and enjoy staying there and playing with the dog and the frog for more than 20 min , i didn't expect that espically he is only 2weeks old..it has many toys and my baby can reach them ...the star look nice but what i don't like that it has rapid rythem ...over all i would highly recommend it to my friends

Baby Einstein Caterpillar and Friends Play Gym