Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Multicolored|Change

on March 5, 2012
We like:
- The movement-activated star that lights and sounds.
- The variety of toys.
- The print of the mat combining real images and illustrations.
- You can attach toys to the mat, not just the arcs above the baby.

We don't like that much, but tolerate:
- Polyester fabric is too... "slick" so baby can't gain traction during tummy time in order to crawl.
- Rings for hanging toys are not enough. Some of the toys would be too high so we got some extra rings and used then to also hang other soft toys we had. You could get the Bright Starts Lots of Links.

Hope my review helps you.
on June 19, 2012
I like this little gym, but I do have a few complaints about it. I'll start with what I like.

Pros:
* Very bright and cheerful
* Toys are cute and interesting
* Has a small footprint
* Easy to assemble
* I like the music on the Star

Cons:
* It's smaller than I would have liked
* I was afraid the Star that blinks and plays music would give my daughter a stroke. The blinking light was so fast and crazy it scared her, so when we use it, we lay it face down on the floor, which negates half of its purpose
* The material is very slippery, so when my daughter started rolling, she would slip around and then get caught up on the arms

My biggest complaint is the Star and how fast it blinks. Had I known this before I spent the money on it, I would not have purchased this item.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
I bought this for my 2 1/2 month old little girl last week and she loved it right away!!!! The first time I put her on it I propped her head and neck up with one of those neck pillows. She loved looking at the lights on the star hanging above her head. She also swatted at the bear and the frog time and time again. She was happy on the mat for about 30-45 minutes minutes!! The next time I put her on the mat she was there for about 45 minutes to an hours just making noises cooing and gooing at everything. She was so excited that she scooted herself off of the neck pillow and the next time I looked over I couldn't believe my eyes!! She had found the mirror to her left when she turned her head. At first she was looking at the black and white side and then she realized that when she would hit it that there was a different side to it and she had herself completely turned on her side for about 10 minutes looking into the mirror!!! She was so determined to roll over. She started to get frustrated only because she couldn't turn over because her arm was in the way, so I propped her back on the neck pillow and twice she rolled herself over onto her belly so she could see the mirror!!!!!! I am so happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone! Great price too and we got it super fast!!! Easy to take along as well!!!
review image review image review image
on November 16, 2012
I bought this gym for our third baby with a gift card someone gave me because our older Baby Einstein gym was worn out after being LOVED by 2 kids. I am so disappointed - we loved the original, but this one has some huge flaws, mainly in the setup. Since the bars do not cross, the gym doesn't just "pop" open when you put it down, so you have to use two hands to set it up (which is not easy to do when you're holding a baby at the same time). It also doesn't lie flat; the edges of the mat curl up against the bars because the clips are so far underneath. Also the toys are huge and made of hard plastic, so they hang down low (even from the top rings, the dog and frog practically hit my baby's head). Lastly, there is no support pillow with this one for tummy time. Unfortunately we washed the mat before we set it up, so there's no way for us to return the gym for a better one.
on December 11, 2012
Could be a lot better. I think your paying more for the Baby Einstein label etc than anything. Toys seem a tad cheap and the star that lights up doesn't stay on very well.
on September 6, 2013
I love this gym because it is so colorful and cheery. However baby does not seem to like it nearly as much as I do. Maybe because he gets over stimulated really quickly. The only part I truly dislike is the star when it is on, it does seem like it could give my child a stroke it blinks so fast. Other than that I hope he will start to like it soon!
on December 26, 2014
What do you get a newborn for Christmas? Here's the answer: Baby Einstein Caterpillar and Friends Play Gym! My 2-month-old granddaughter just LOVED it! Born October 11, she is just at that stage of no longer being satisfied with just being held - she wants a little more stimulation! My husband and I gave her this for Christmas, and when we laid her down on the blanket with the bright, eye-catching toys above her head, she just couldn't get enough! She lay there, happy and cooing at the bright-colored hanging toys for about 45 minutes the first time we "tried" it! When she had had enough, Mama scooped her up and we sort of forgot about it for a few hours - until we were about to sit down for Christmas dinner. She had been fed and changed, but was a little fidgety. We set the blanket on the dining room floor and laid her there while we ate - and she was perfectly content for another 30 minutes! This is a perfect gift for newborns! The toys are detachable and can be used individually - I think this little "gym" will be useful for months to come!
review image
on January 5, 2016
One of the best purchases I made--I bought this when my twins were 3 months old, they're now over a year and still playing with the toys. When they were younger and used it as a gym, they loved it (especially the puppy, mirror, and the donut rattle toy. The music in the sun was a little jarring to me at first, but it mesmerized them immediately. Now that they're older, they still love the mat and all of the toys (all separated from the gym). I had thought, once they didn't need to play on their backs or do tummy time that I'd be done with the whole thing, but, I was really happy to find out that they still love the toys (the frog and the mirror are big hits now, but they still play with all of the toys now--making it really a great purchase (it and other gyms were so expensive that I wasn't sure about purchasing them, but now, after all this time, I realize it was such a great choice). I also purchased the Bright Starts Safari Activity Gym and the Tiny Love Sunny Day gym, my kids still play with all of the toys, but as far as the hanging toys go, the Baby Einstein ones are their favorites overall, and there are more of them than the Bright Starts gym and are much more interesting than the Tiny Love Gym (I'd still buy all three--kept the variety going, but if I could only choose one, it'd be this one--though the musical tiger in the Bright Starts one is even more mesmerizing to the kids than the Baby Einstein sun). If you're on the fence about this gym, I'd say get it, I've gotten much more mileage out of it than I ever thought, and my twins are showing no signs of getting bored with the toys a year later.
on October 20, 2014
This play gym is fantastic! Both of my twins (a boy and a girl) love to play with this, and especially love the bright colors and light-up musical star. That star is super annoying to adults, but thankfully it has a volume control. The lights flash quickly and the music is extremely fast and irritating. We call it the "crack star." However, this isn't a toy for adults, and it keeps both babies highly entertained. They break out into huge grins when it's turned on, and they love to bat at the toys when it's not. It's really easy to replace the toys with other hanging toys, and we rotate them so the babies don't get bored. It's easy to wash/dry, but it does bunch up slightly when it's washed a few times. The material is not thin/firm, so I'd definitely watch Baby if you place her on her tummy. Which of course, we should do anyway ;)
Great price, entertaining, and I love how happy it makes my babies. It's seriously the only toy that will keep them happy for so long (my boy will literally play with this for an hour until he exhausts himself and falls asleep on it)
on December 24, 2013
THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY BABY EINSTEIN HAS A POSITIVE REPUTATION. THIS PLAY GYM IS VERY COLORFUL, HAS A VARIETY OF TOYS TO EITHER ADD OR REMOVE , DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH STIMULATION YOU WANT FOR YOUR CHILD. I HAVE NOT HAD AN ISSUE WITH A "SLIPPERY MAT" AS SOME HAVE MENTIONED. THIS GYM IS VERY ENTERTAINING
AND KEEPS THE BABY HAPPY, KICKING, GIGGLING AND TOTALLY AMUSED FOR A LONG TIME. I AGREE WITH SOME THAT IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MANY OTHER BRANDS, BUT IF IT IS OUT OF YOUR PRICE RANGE, WAIT FOR IT TO GO ON SALE. I GOT IT FOR A NICE SAVINGS, AND IT WAS WELL WORTH IT . CHERYL