Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoor Deals on bgg

Color: MulticoloredChange

on March 5, 2012
We like:
- The movement-activated star that lights and sounds.
- The variety of toys.
- The print of the mat combining real images and illustrations.
- You can attach toys to the mat, not just the arcs above the baby.

We don't like that much, but tolerate:
- Polyester fabric is too... "slick" so baby can't gain traction during tummy time in order to crawl.
- Rings for hanging toys are not enough. Some of the toys would be too high so we got some extra rings and used then to also hang other soft toys we had. You could get the Bright Starts Lots of Links.

Hope my review helps you.
on June 19, 2012
I like this little gym, but I do have a few complaints about it. I'll start with what I like.

* Very bright and cheerful
* Toys are cute and interesting
* Has a small footprint
* Easy to assemble
* I like the music on the Star

* It's smaller than I would have liked
* I was afraid the Star that blinks and plays music would give my daughter a stroke. The blinking light was so fast and crazy it scared her, so when we use it, we lay it face down on the floor, which negates half of its purpose
* The material is very slippery, so when my daughter started rolling, she would slip around and then get caught up on the arms

My biggest complaint is the Star and how fast it blinks. Had I known this before I spent the money on it, I would not have purchased this item.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
I bought this gym for our third baby with a gift card someone gave me because our older Baby Einstein gym was worn out after being LOVED by 2 kids. I am so disappointed - we loved the original, but this one has some huge flaws, mainly in the setup. Since the bars do not cross, the gym doesn't just "pop" open when you put it down, so you have to use two hands to set it up (which is not easy to do when you're holding a baby at the same time). It also doesn't lie flat; the edges of the mat curl up against the bars because the clips are so far underneath. Also the toys are huge and made of hard plastic, so they hang down low (even from the top rings, the dog and frog practically hit my baby's head). Lastly, there is no support pillow with this one for tummy time. Unfortunately we washed the mat before we set it up, so there's no way for us to return the gym for a better one.
on February 13, 2012
I bought this for my 2 1/2 month old little girl last week and she loved it right away!!!! The first time I put her on it I propped her head and neck up with one of those neck pillows. She loved looking at the lights on the star hanging above her head. She also swatted at the bear and the frog time and time again. She was happy on the mat for about 30-45 minutes minutes!! The next time I put her on the mat she was there for about 45 minutes to an hours just making noises cooing and gooing at everything. She was so excited that she scooted herself off of the neck pillow and the next time I looked over I couldn't believe my eyes!! She had found the mirror to her left when she turned her head. At first she was looking at the black and white side and then she realized that when she would hit it that there was a different side to it and she had herself completely turned on her side for about 10 minutes looking into the mirror!!! She was so determined to roll over. She started to get frustrated only because she couldn't turn over because her arm was in the way, so I propped her back on the neck pillow and twice she rolled herself over onto her belly so she could see the mirror!!!!!! I am so happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone! Great price too and we got it super fast!!! Easy to take along as well!!!
review image review image review image
on December 11, 2012
Could be a lot better. I think your paying more for the Baby Einstein label etc than anything. Toys seem a tad cheap and the star that lights up doesn't stay on very well.
on September 6, 2013
I love this gym because it is so colorful and cheery. However baby does not seem to like it nearly as much as I do. Maybe because he gets over stimulated really quickly. The only part I truly dislike is the star when it is on, it does seem like it could give my child a stroke it blinks so fast. Other than that I hope he will start to like it soon!
on April 10, 2012
Love Baby Einstein products. Wonderful baby gym. Colors are really nice and has everything your baby needs to enjoy. Music is nice and the lights too.
on December 26, 2014
What do you get a newborn for Christmas? Here's the answer: Baby Einstein Caterpillar and Friends Play Gym! My 2-month-old granddaughter just LOVED it! Born October 11, she is just at that stage of no longer being satisfied with just being held - she wants a little more stimulation! My husband and I gave her this for Christmas, and when we lay her on the blanket with the bright, eye-catching toys above her head, she just couldn't get enough! She lay there, happy and cooing at the bright-colored hanging toys for about 45 minutes the first time we "tried" it! When she had had enough, Mama scooped her up and we sort of forgot about it for a few hours - until we were about to sit down for Christmas dinner. She had been fed and changed, but was a little fidgety. We set the blanket on the dining room floor and lay here there while we ate - and she was perfectly content for another 30 minutes! This is a perfect gift for newborns! The toys are detachable and can be used individually - I think this little "gym" will be useful for months to come!
review image
on October 7, 2013
My son is 3 months and is very active. He plays with all of the attachments and also has a nice grip. The ability to add more attachments is also nice. All parents should get this for their little one!
on August 13, 2013
Purchased this from Babies R Us after reading all the reviews on Amazon. Love all the colors and various toys for baby to play with. Safety for me is number one, and I appreciate that there are no tiny parts that come apart while playing. The blinky star face is cute, but FREAKED THE POOP outta my baby!!! Only at seven months was she able to appreciate its musical, blinky glory.

I appreciate the versatility: Before she was able to flip over, she would lie under and whack at the toys. Once she started turning over, the toys were removed from the hanging slips so she could push them around. Her older friends that visit like to crawl under the double arch and use it like a tent. Another plus is how easy it travels. I enjoy throwing all her toys into it and carrying it like a tote.

Sidenote: Read the directions carefully before setting up. In my excitement, I overlooked the caution about the tension bars. Almost whacked myself in the head!