5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting and Soothing for Babies and Adults Alike
Published on October 5, 2005 by Healthy By Nature

1.0 out of 5 stars Synthesized classics
I was really disappointed to discover that every track on this CD is played on a synthesizer and not by the authentic orchestral instruments for which it was written. Mozart's Minuet in G sounds like it's being played on a (faux) marimba. A recording of actual instruments would be much more beautiful and better for a baby's developing ears.
Published on February 16, 2005 by viclarino

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting and Soothing for Babies and Adults Alike, October 5, 2005
Healthy By Nature (Wadsworth/Sharon, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
First of all, let's clear up one misconception that some other reviewers seem to have -- Just as the Baby Einstein videos are not designed to replicate the directing genius of such Hollywood masterminds as Scorsese or Coppola, the Baby Einstein CDs are not designed to replicate the great symphonies and orchestras of the world! The CDs do indeed utilize great pieces of classical music as their base, but they are not meant to sound as if they are performed by a 120-piece orchestra.

In point of fact, the CDs are meant to work in conjunction with the Baby Einstein video series' various imageries and sounds, meaning they are designed to appeal in simplistic ways to the senses and interests of developing children. They take classical music (which is complex in nature) and replicate it in much simpler ways (via synthesized methods). This allows young developing ears to "tune in" to the various individual sounds and to identify simplistically with the overall melody. And isn't a toddler who wants to hear repeats of Pachebel's Canon or Vivaldi's Four Seasons a far cry more tolerable to Mom and Dad than one who wants to hear constant repeats of some big silly purple dinosaur singing?!?

My husband and I love classical music and have many of the great classical works performed by the world's best symphonies and orchestras. However, attempting to draw side-by-side comparisons between Baby Einstein CDs and the great orchestras of the world is like attemtping to compare apples and oranges!

The Baby Einstein CDs are a wonderful medium with which to introduce your child to classical music.

After literally SUFFERING through several other "classic lullaby" CDs that were given to us as gifts and being very disappointed, my husband and I were thrilled with the musical content and performance quality of the Baby Einstein CDs. We have most of them now and have found them all to be of superior quality.

As soothing baby lullabies and infant/toddler audio stimulations go, Baby Einstein CDs are positively enchanting! My husband and I have drifted off many times ourselves to the BE Lullaby Classics CD. We enjoy and appreciate the classical music experiences Baby Einstein provides for our child!

1.0 out of 5 stars Synthesized classics, February 16, 2005
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Musician Mom Loves - Does Use Real Instruments!, August 29, 2006
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
My 8-month-old son and I listen to this CD every night, and by the Pachelbel Canon (track 7) he's usually sound asleep. It is NOT ALL SYNTHESIZER. The jacket clearly states that the "Music Box Orchestra" includes flute, piano, cello, percussion, english horn, and oboe. As a musician, I am not offended by the "easy-listening" versions of these classics. In fact, I enjoy them. They introduce my son to the timeless melodies WITHOUT OVERSTIMULATING HIM at bedtime. I find them relaxing too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 6, 2006
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
I played this vd for my daughter when she was still in-utero, and she would always move to it. Now, at 8 months old, we still use it to put her to sleep every night. She just loves it. And, so do we!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bedtime, December 27, 2005
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
We've had this CD since our son was a baby, and now at almost 3, he still loves it. All of the songs are soft and relaxing, so it's the perfect CD for naptime and bedtime. We still play it almost every night when he goes to bed. Of all his many classical CD's, this one is by far his favorite. We all love it so much I'm ordering another one for our next baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleepy Time!!, January 21, 2006
J. Saunders (Alpharetta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
My son absolutely loves this CD. We have a CD player in his room and when he is acting tired or fussy we lay him in his crib and turn this CD on. The music helps him relax and before you know it...usually 3 songs into it...he is sleeping "like a baby!" We love, love, love this CD. We find ourselves humming classical music throughout the day...catchy tunes!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible for lullibies... fine for playtime, September 5, 2005
Suz83 "Suz83" (Overland Park, KS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
This CD is not "sleepy" slow lulliby music.
It kept my 6 mo old awake instead of putting her to sleep.
Also very dissapointing was the "elevator music quality".
If it was possible to rate this a zero, I would.

I was very dissapointed in baby einstein for calling this a lullaby album. This synthisized music was anything but lulling to my baby - some of it was too upbeat. This is not an album to sleep to, not relaxing at all. Okay for play time, if you don't mind that there aren't "real instruments" playing. For better songs for baby to sleep to look for "disney baby lullaby" and "on a starry night" albums.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do justice to the music or the child, March 30, 2006
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
Like other posters, I was very disappointed to hear that this was not real orchestral music. You would never know this from the packaging! My baby loves classical music but was indifferent to this album, and I can understand why, it's not nearly as dynamic as the real music -- all at the same volume, no emotion -- and it's just not very good. We have other synthesizer lullabies we love (I highly recommend Bedtime with the Beatles), but this sounds like a toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make it a gift for all expectant parents!, January 31, 2006
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
My baby girl got this CD for Christmas and it's such a pleasure to listen to! I wish I had it when she was born! You'll recognize the classical pieces but they're played with the gentleness, for lack of a better word, that your little one will be sure to enjoy it. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars soothing/relaxing for children and adults, October 10, 2005
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics (Audio CD)
I worked as a paraprofessional at a nursery/preschool for a few years. My specific area of "expertise" was teaching and caring for the "terrible" 2 year olds...I found that this Baby Einstein CD is actually very relaxing for nap time (at a low level of volume of course). The children loved listening to it, and actually requested it--"einstein! einstein!". So I'm sure if it is capable of getting an entire classroom of 13 two year olds to sleep, it would do well for your child also.

Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics
Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics by Baby Einstein (Audio CD - 2004)
Rate and Discover Movies