5.0 out of 5 stars This video is my 7 month old daughters favorite!
Published on October 9, 2001 by cindytur

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed
My son LOVES his Baby Einstein videos--Baby Bach, Beethoven, Mozart & Shakespeare. He begs to watch them and we have recently had to set limits on his viewing. Having grown weary of watching the same ones over and over, my husband decided to buy the Neighborhood Animals video. I'm not sure at this point if my son (16 months)likes this video or not--he's only seen it 2...
Published on May 17, 2003 by a mom in MO

5.0 out of 5 stars This video is my 7 month old daughters favorite!, October 9, 2001
We used the baby Bach and baby Mozart videos when our 7 month old was younger and she loves them, but Neighborhood Animals is her all time favorite. She sits in her walker and watches the animals and even tries to talk to them. She gets excited when the pupets/animals make sounds and loves the music. She smiles and starts making her little baby sounds everytime she see Pavlov the dog. We used to put her in her swing and let her watch Bach or Mozart while we get ready for work in the A.M. But with this video she got so excited in the swing that we had to put her on the floor or in her walker! Even though the age recommendations are 1 yr to 4 yr I highly recommend it for younger babies. I took the video over to the sitters and she said all the kids liked it and watched intently. (the ages are 8mth, 7mth, 5mth and 2 years!) I'm not a big fan of sitting my daughter in front of the TV; however, when both parents work and you need to buy a little time in the morning this is the greatest! I hope your children love it as much as my daughter does!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolittle gets the thumbs up from our triplets, May 18, 2002
By A Customer
We love both Dolittle Neighborhood Animals, and Van Gogh.
Dolittle is about animals and discovery, and Van Gogh about
colors and chilling out.
If you buy 2, these are our recommendations.
The others are repetitive of each other, except Baby Einstein which is miserably boring although a great concept.
Hats off to Julie Clark, she has helped us entertain our triplets during the toughest moments, and we enjoy watching the
vids with them.
Since variety is the key, I wouldn't recommend more than two of this group. Pat the Bunny and the Wiggles are great to try something new, and Baby KNow-It-All is quite the reference bible for showing babies their abilities and including them in the
programs.
Now that the chilren are old enough (17 months) to enjoy Blue's Clue's, we are all having a wonderful time with non-classical based vids.
I'd say buy Baby Einstein Co. videos for infants to 2 years,
Baby Know It All for 6-36 months and Pat the Bunny, the Wiggles and Blue's clues for 18 months plus.
Best Potty video, is Once upon a potty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good video for a rainy day, September 10, 2001
By A Customer
This video is what you would expect from the Baby Einstein Company--puppetry, classical music score, toys, live action children and video footage of animals. It's designed around 4 themes, animals in the house (dog, cat, mouse), yard, (bird, rabbit, bug), farm (cow, horse, pig)and river (frog, otter, duck). My 14 month old daughter enjoys it, especially the children singing "Old MacDonald" during the farm sequence, and the flying cow marrionette. I didn't give it a full five stars largely because, on the whole, the quality of the puppetry (as opposed to others in the series like Baby Shakespeare and Baby Van Gogh) is not of the same caliber and the toy sequences don't seem to have the same level of wit and humor that sparkles in the other videos. My opinion is that this video is simply following their tried and true formula, granted, it is one that, judging from my child's reaction, works well, but maybe needs some fine tuning.

5.0 out of 5 stars 13 month old can't get enough!, July 7, 2001
By A Customer
I purchased this video for my 13 month old son about a week ago. He can't get enough of it! Prior to watching this video, all animals were "cat" to him. He can now say "cow", "bird" and "bunny" after just a week of watching. He is captivated for the entire 30 minutes and asks to watch the video at least twice a day. He enjoys searching through his toys to find his own animals to match the ones on the screen which provides a fun game for us to play together. I can't wait until Baby Dolittle World Animals is released.
We also own other videos in this series: Baby Mozart, Baby Bach, Baby Van Gogh, and Baby Santa's Music Box. My son began watching Baby Mozart when he was only 2 months old and LOVED it. He was so animated and excited especially when the trains came on the screen. Baby Bach is good, but not as good as Baby Mozart. My son seems to prefer Mozart's music to Bach's. I do not agree with the other reviewers' comments about Julie Clark's children. I find them to be adorable and have enjoyed watching them. My son also enjoys Baby Van Gogh and Baby Santa's Music Box, but for a baby who is trying to figure out the world around him, Baby Dolittle's Neighborhood Animals is definitely the favorite right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Educational Tool!, July 17, 2002
As one who strongly supports reading to children, I was a "little" anti-TV for my youngster, until watching "Baby Van Gogh," which is an earlier video production by the same company. Julie Aigner-Clark is a genius! Her innovative products, exceptionally creative, are designed to entertain children while they learn. "Baby Dolittle Neighborhood Animals," is no exception. With an imaginative approach, this instantly engaging video teaches animal recognition through cleverly written text, and real world objects, while stimulating auditory senses with classically arranged pieces and children's music. My son was immediately mesmerized from the first viewing, five-months old, and remains fascinated to this day, now fourteen months old.
I heard about Baby Einstein products from friends, but did not become interested until I learned of the company's dedication to providing financial support to MANY children's charities such as the Autism Society of America, Ronald McDonald House, The Eden Institute, a leading school for educating autistic children, and a host of other organizations committed to children with special needs. I now own several Baby Einstein videos and most of the companion books - they are excellent educational tools.
Additional recommendations - "Baby Shakespeare," "Baby Mozart," "Baby Van Gogh," also, Richard Scarry's "BEST" videos are excellent for children 1 year and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Capture your baby's attention, January 23, 2002
Victoria Kelsey "kerinda" (West Cheste, OH United States) - See all my reviews
While my husband and I do not believe that television in general is a good stimulatory tool for our child, we believe that the judicious use of DVDs and limited television shows can be educational and fun. We decided to get the Baby Einstein series and this was the first one we bought. From the moment we put the DVD in, and the music started playing, our son (then approximately 4 months old) was captivated. He loves the animals, and as each is introduced we sit with him and read the names of the animal on the screen. The music holds his attention and he becomes so engrossed in it that he jumps during one particular part. He is now 8 months old and still enjoys it very much. We have not had as much success with the others in the series. We also own World Animals and Baby Bach. Baby Bach seems too young, even for him. He has not become so enamored of World Animals for some reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the most watched video in our house!, October 29, 2001
By A Customer
My 17 month old son loves this video! He goes to where we keep the videos and urges me to put in his tape. When the tape is finished and I'm trying to rewind it for him, he gets mad because he thinks I've turned it off. He dances, squeals, claps, laughs, and calls out the names of the animals. He has learned to say many animal names just from watching this video. I can't see why any toddler would not enjoy this video. We own all the Baby Einstein videos. Dolittle and Van Gogh are his current favorites. Mozart was the favorite when he was younger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppies & Kitties!, November 1, 2003
Amazon Customer (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein - Neighborhood Animals (DVD)
This DVD is great because it used objects from the real-world along with music and art to captivate a child's attention. When I first watched a Baby Einstein video, I thought that it was bizarre. However, little ones don't think so. This one also has a DVD-ROM coloring book, so you can print pages for your child to color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loved the puppets, November 20, 2001
My daughter loved Baby Dolittle Neighborhood Animals and World Animals from the time she was 14 months to about 22 months. She loved the puppets and the real life pictures really held her attention. Learned a lot about animals and these videos really helped her to recognize a lot of different animals.
She didn't seem as interested in this video as much as the Baby Bach and Baby Mozart videos before 14 months. She would get bored with the real life video parts until she was a little older. But as she got closer to 1 and 1/2 she started to lose interest in the Baby Bach and Baby Mozart videos and started to like the Baby Dolittle ones the most.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute DVD for young children, September 16, 2005
This review is from: Baby Einstein - Neighborhood Animals (DVD)
I am not a parent, and do not confess to know anything about raising children. But I have seen this video. My 2 1/2 year old (great)nephew (he's now 3) had this with him early this summer when he came with his family one day to visit me, and I watched it with him. I have found "kiddie" videos annoying and trite, but this one is very clever. Of particular interest to and approval from me is the use of Classical music, although played on glockenspiels and electronic synthesizers (not the original instruments the music was written for) is excellent, in exposing young children to music of substance and quality while going with a story line about domestic animals. Music of Beethoven, Rimsky-Korsakov and Domenico Scarlatti are represented, as well as other composers I cannot recall at the moment.

The scene shifts frequently: appropriate for a young child. The music serves the visuals, and is effective. If I was a parent, I would consider this over the violent cartoons and other low quality videos available for children these days. I am not surprised that my niece and her husband have carefully chosen this for their son's (my great nephew) viewing, as they are very conscienscious parents.

Baby Einstein - Neighborhood Animals