5.0 out of 5 stars My baby loves this thing
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, but potentially dangerous
Published 11 months ago by Tina C.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby loves this thing, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
I bought this after watching my 6 month old stare covetously at the one at the daycare. It is a hit. She loves it. We call it the thwappy chair because she can spend half an hour thwapping things. It has a really good progression in that there are things that she figured out right away, because they respond to the most random wacking...and there are things like the octopus and the turtle which require a more skilled activation sequence. It has also changed my life, because I can stick her in it when we first get home, and it keeps her from howling for tit for the whole 7 minutes that it takes to wash my hands, put the milk in the fridge and pee...not necessarily in that order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy base and well made toys = one very happy 4 month old!, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
I have NOTHING negative to say about this activity saucer. We looked around at our options for awhile and landed on this one because it was the most sturdy and the toys were not cheaply made little reject toys like some of the other saucers tend to have. When our son was 3 months we first put him in it even though it says its meant for 4 months. He's a tall baby but he still wasn't quite tall enough so I placed a square piece of kitchen shelf liner (the grid kind that's made out of some sort of gripping rubber) with an old anatomy book on top. He could easily stand and it was sturdy thanks to the liner preventing the book from sliding. I sat there with him playing with each of the toys to help him familiarize with it and he enjoyed watching. We did this a few times but now that he's 4 months the real fun has started. He can reach the floor sans textbook now and has figured out how each toy works and how to walk around to make the seat spin in order to access all the toys. Included toys are:

- Octopus you push down that makes beads spin in a pod underneath (his favorite so far)
- A three key piano that has 3 modes: music, colors (says color names in english, spanish and french) and ocean sound effects. There is also a mirror on the piano and it detaches from the unit for solo play if you'd like it to. -3 AA BATTERIES-
- A squiggly bar that has three circle beads baby can slide from one end to the other (this toy is also the closest one to the seat and it's very sturdy so it helped our little guy early on because he could hold onto it while learning how to balance him self steady)
- a brightly colored fish made out of flexible material that baby can pull towards him and kind of dances when let go of (hard to explain, but its the simplest toy out of the bunch and on the box it's labeled as "tropical fish teething stalk")
- a spinning orca whale (easy to bat at and the black and white colors seem to captivate him while the whale is spinning really fast)
- a crab that has ribbons on him and when you twist him around it makes a very interesting noise that always makes our baby laugh
- a detachable plush Baby Neptune (sea turtle) that hangs and has a pull handle (when pulled makes different noises or plays a different tune, I believe there are 4 sounds total) -3 AAA BATTERIES-
- two toy loops to attach what you want (we have the baby einstein discovery flashcards attached to one loop right now)
- small tray between the two toy loops. (Where we keep his pacifier at for him to grab if he wants)
- there are three height adjustments

The seat rotates 360 degrees and due to the round bottom and rounded edges the whole unit rocks with baby so if he makes a hard sudden movement the spinning and hanging toys don't hit him in the face. Unlike most other saucers on the market, THIS ONE DOES NOT BOUNCE. That may be a con for some but was a big pro for us as we were looking for stability and with a bouncing saucer, stability is not really an option. Overall, very pleased with the product and would recommend to anyone looking for a safe, sturdy and fun activity saucer for their little one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, but potentially dangerous, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
My twins are very entertained by this product and enjoy it immensely. However, I'm giving it three stars because there is some potential danger with the striped fish and the swinging whale. The striped fish can be harmful if your infant likes to move around alot, like bounce. The fish is hard and one day my daughter almost poked her eye with the tail of the fish. She was simply moving back and forth and the fish happened to be turned with the tail facing her in the seat. Had I not caught it, she would have most certainly have damaged her eye. The other thing is the swinging whale. It may sound silly, but if your child doesn't know it's going to swing, which they usually don't, it can hit them in the face. I don't think it can cause serious damage, but I just think it's worth noting. We've taken the fish off and are just watching them closely with the whale. Otherwise, it provides great entertainment. I just think other parents should be aware of the potential risk.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
Plenty of busy work for active fingers. A little big for my 4 month old but nothing a folded blanket didn't fix

1.0 out of 5 stars The improved version of this activity center can be found at TARGET!!!, April 20, 2014
Length:: 0:43 Mins

Some of the concerns with the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center was 1. When baby will hit the whale, whale will flip and hit the baby on the face. 2. When baby turns, the fish was close to the seat and fish tale may cause injury to the face/eyes if it was positioned a certain way. After reading these reviews, I went to BabiesRus to see the display model and I was able to agree with such concerns. The next day, I went to Target to look for other options and I was surprised to see this activity center (Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center) under the same brand but with another name: Baby Einstein Rhythm of the Reef Activity Saucer. It's the same activity center/saucer but with the improvements! The whale no longer completely flips, the fish is now farther from the seat and they have removed the mesh part. I bought it and my son LOVES IT! Now, it looks like Target is the only store that carries the Baby Einstein Rhythm of the Reef Activity Saucer as I can't find it anywhere else. Target: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Cute and Worth The Price!, June 1, 2014
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
I had been shopping around for an activity centre when my son turned 5 months, I saw this one online and loved all the fish themed toys on it. It was easy to set up and my little guy just loves it! He loves the whale and the crab he is drooling and bitting those two all the time. The seat turns all the way around too so he can grab the hanging sea turtle. This is great if you need 20 minutes and have something you need to do. Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars MUM, DAD PLEASE READ WARNING!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
I have been an amazon customer for years, and this is my first time leaving a review because I felt it was my responsibility to warn parents regarding this activity center...yes that's how serious the matter is.

After reading reviews and looking at the age requirement for this, I purchased the item for my 4.5 daughter. However, this is ABSOULOTLEY NOT SAFE from 4 months and is very misleading not to mention very dangerous for your baby's little back. I looked at videos of parents placing their 4 months old babies in this thing and you can clearly see the babies back is in a horribly dangerous position. I would urge the manufacturer to change the age range to 6 months+ and until then dear mums and dads dont take a risk with your precious little one, there are so many other toys out there and 2 months fly past so quickly but make a huge difference to our little ones.

Also the instructions shows to attach the seat (number 15) to the main circle (top part with the toys)but later on it shows to attach the white circles and seat fabric to the seat, which meant I had to work to remove the seat from the top part. In short, the instructions were ordered wrongly. I know it might be confusing, so just look right at the end of the instruction (numbered 17 to 20) do that part first before attaching it like it shows on number 3.

The item itself is lovely and I know my princess will enjoy it soon enough. I did have bad luck in that my item had a lot of black marks on it (it looked like it was used and returned) but customer service were fair and gave me a partial refund.

The toys are a lot of fun, I like that you pull the turtle and that it makes a noise, the piano i love because the ocean sounds and melodies are fantastic and I love it's ability to say colours in 3 languages.

The seat is very wide which is why its not safe from 4+ but means it will be good for a chubby and older baby.

Again DO NOT USE FROM 4+ ITS DANGEROUS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
My son loves this. He goes from one toy to the next. He is 4 mos old average size and can reach the bottom to turn himself, easily pushes the buttons, and just loves this bouncer. He reaches up and pulls the turtle with the fish. Very cute!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining!, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
I bought this activity center for my grandniece. She loves looking at all the different colors and touching all the different shapes/textures and hearing all the sounds. She is happiest when her parents sit her in the very comfortable little sit to play. It's so beautiful and colorful!

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems good but lots of plastic pieces not quite right, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center (Baby Product)
For the most part this is pretty good, however we got it yesterday and when putting it together there were lots of pieces that clearly lacked some quality control, they either didn't fit 100% or the plastic was bent up so certain pieces took quite a lot of jamming to make work...based on reviews I think this was just a one off dud...not bad enough to send back, but surprised for the price that it wasn't better.

Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center