2,854 Reviews
 (2,328)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have travel toy
I have a 17 month old daughter, and she absolutely adores this baby radio. I bought it because I needed more portable travel toys since we both spend so much time in the car together.

Published 16 months ago by Bonnie Ruzicka

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a decent product
No age range was given on this so I bought it for my 6 month old. It is too heavy for him and if he is laying down and grabs it, he eventually ends up smacking himself in the face with it because it is too heavy and he loses his grip. The caterpillar that is meant for baby to grasp is too big for him also. I guess it is better suited for an older baby but the product...
Published on December 27, 2008 by M. Sanchez

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have travel toy, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)

The sound is much better than expected from a $10 item, and the music is great (unlike some other toys with annoying vocals and laughing). The front panel lights blink in unison with the music, and the toy is light enough so she can hold it with one hand.

The button on the front starts the music. It requires a little pressure to activate, but is still very easy to push. The switch on top has two volume settings (high/low) and also turns the unit off. The only complaint is the sticker button; my daughter is a peeler and took it off after a few weeks. Note: some parents have mentioned this might be a choking hazard, especially for younger children - I thought this was worth mentioning.

Aside from the "Take Along Tunes", some of the other must-haves for keeping my daughter occupied while traveling are:

* Lamaze Cloth Book: Keeps her engaged with peek-a-boo flaps that reveal little animals underneath. I have a few other cloth books but this remains her favorite of the bunch.
* Tiny Tutor DVDs: When she gets bored of her toys I play these videos for her. Very basic animations, but she has learned so much from them. Great buy.
* Manhattan Toy Winkel: Amazing design, looks a little like an atom. This keeps her entertained for long periods of time. It also acts as a teething ring.
* Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy: Keeps everything attached to the car seat or stroller. Much better than velcro since they don't snag on her clothes or scratch her skin.

"Take Along Tunes" is yet another winner from Baby Einstein. From their videos to their toys, you just can't go wrong with anything they make. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little "radio" for the baby, May 20, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
This little "radio" is very cute. My 7 month son loves pressing the buttons to turn it on and change the music and he likes the lights too. However, it does end up on the floor a lot! LOL - Even my 4 1/2 yr old daughter loves it! The music is classical music that you know from the Baby Einstein videos. The volume is a good level and not annoying at all. The music is soothing and you don't get sick of hearing it like some other baby toys. I would recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, August 30, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
My daughter was fascinated with this toy starting at about 6 weeks of age when absolutely no other toy interested her. She would stare at the lights for minutes on end, and, as us mothers know, at this young age, a content baby for several minutes and be a miracle. We went on a road trip when she was just over two months and this was a life saver. I highly recommd this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Toy, March 7, 2009
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
We took this toy with us for a three hour car ride with our 1 year old son, and it kept him entertained for at least 1-2 hours. He kept pushing the button each time a song ended. It's not extremely loud, so it's not obnoxious to parents. I will probably take this with us on our next plane ride. It's nice and small, too, so it fits into a purse, diaper bag, or tote bag very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our boy's favorite toy, April 14, 2009
Amazon Customer "JenniferPA" (Palo Alto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
I bought this toy for our son when he was about 2 months old. He was fascinated from the moment he saw it. It was too heavy for him to hold at the time so i'd hold it for him or prop it up against something while he watched, completely mesmerized. 6 months later, this is still his favorite toy. We take it everywhere - to restaurants, on the plane, anywhere where he might get bored and make a fuss. It always calms him down and isn't so loud that it will disturb other people. I would love it if there were one higher sound option because in loud restaurants, it's a little hard to hear. But the lights still play and that's enough to keep him interested. Also, for younger infants, it would be great if the music and lights played a little longer so the parent wouldn't have to press the button so often. But even without those improvements, it's a definite 5 star item!

4.0 out of 5 stars one of my baby's favorite, June 25, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
music is not loud or annoying when you take it out with you but enough for the little one to appreciate. it has been a lot of things; a chew toy, musical toy, educational toy, accessory, and lately a hammer. although the light bulbs gave out already my baby still likes it. i have also given this out as a gift, and only good feedbacks so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Einstein Takealong Tunes, September 30, 2008
Justin Lehman (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
We bought this toy on a whim... to qualify for free shipping by exceeding the $25 mark on Amazon (just being honest). I've had good luck with Baby Einstein toys, etc in the past. The music is of good quality... not at all distorted or too loud... and it comes with all the "usual" baby songs (can we get some variety or what?). The lights are especially dazzling in darkly lit areas... not so much in bright rooms or outside during the day. It's very basic (just one button to activate both lights and music) and my 9 month old daughter seems to get bored with it rather quickly, but I'd definitely recommend it for younger infants or perhaps as a toy for "the quick grocery trip" or to attach to a stroller. In my opinion, it's too basic for infants beyond about 6 months and it could be much more interactive. Other than that, it's of good quality and worth it for the small price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves the lights and sounds - Doesn't bug Mom & Dad!, October 19, 2012
M.A.W (Anchorage, Alaska) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
Received at my shower. Used it almost immediately. My son is coming up on his 1st birthday and he still loves the toy. The lights would calm him down when he was in a giant fit when he was very little and now he enjoys pressing the button for the changing tunes :)

I read through some of the 1 star reviews out of curiosity and I have to admit that the problem that most of them mentioned - the chewing off of the sticker - was a problem...of sorts. My kid didn't choke on it and I just didn't freak out about him swallowing a bit of it so it didn't bother me. If the sticker didn't come off, I would have given this 5 stars.

There aren't too many toys that have grown with and kept the interest of my son for this long. Take along tunes and Sophie Giraffe are the only two. Oh, yeah, that and a used egg carton. He loves that freaking egg carton! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Soothing, December 4, 2009
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
My 6 month old son loved this toy ever since he was 2 months old. When he's fussy in the car I just give this toy to him and he calms down immediately! There are two volumes so if we are in the car I turn it to the highest volume and if we're in a public place or my office I just turn it down. The songs are long enough that they grab his attention for a few seconds. He loves to look at the blinking lights that play along with song as well. I feel this will be a toy he will enjoy for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my son's attention, June 8, 2010
treehugr (Coconut Creek, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
I've bought several small toys in the hopes of keeping my 11 month old son entertained when we go out for dinner or even a stroll. Many of them end up in the corner of his playpen after he's grown tired of them 5 minutes in. This toy is different - he will play with this for a long time - it really keeps his attention. Maybe it's the music AND flashing lights, but he just loves this toy. I attach it to his stroller with a sippy cup strap so that when he drops it (or throws it), it doesn't make it to the ground.

I would give it 5 stars if it played more songs (I think it has 4-5 songs), but I would definitely recommend it either way.

Another toy I would highly recommend is the Mozart Cube - that is another invaluable toy that keeps my son's attention much longer than any other toy. And the music is nice - not annoying like so many toys can be.

Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes