2,593 Reviews
 (2,109)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have travel toy
I have a 17 month old daughter, and she absolutely adores this baby radio. I bought it because I needed more portable travel toys since we both spend so much time in the car together.

Published 13 months ago by Bonnie Ruzicka

3.0 out of 5 stars My son enjoys the sounds but I don't like the hardness
Let me start by saying that my son really enjoys the sounds and lights of the toy. I am giving this toy only three stars because of the hardness of the toy. Like most babies, he will grab the toy and fling it around. The last thing I need is him hitting his face with this toy. If you are interested in Baby Einstein toys, I would recommend the Octoplush.
Published on September 2, 2008 by Aaron Goldman

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have travel toy, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)

The sound is much better than expected from a $10 item, and the music is great (unlike some other toys with annoying vocals and laughing). The front panel lights blink in unison with the music, and the toy is light enough so she can hold it with one hand.

The button on the front starts the music. It requires a little pressure to activate, but is still very easy to push. The switch on top has two volume settings (high/low) and also turns the unit off. The only complaint is the sticker button; my daughter is a peeler and took it off after a few weeks. Note: some parents have mentioned this might be a choking hazard, especially for younger children - I thought this was worth mentioning.

Aside from the "Take Along Tunes", some of the other must-haves for keeping my daughter occupied while traveling are:

* Lamaze Cloth Book: Keeps her engaged with peek-a-boo flaps that reveal little animals underneath. I have a few other cloth books but this remains her favorite of the bunch.
* Tiny Tutor DVDs: When she gets bored of her toys I play these videos for her. Very basic animations, but she has learned so much from them. Great buy.
* Manhattan Toy Winkel: Amazing design, looks a little like an atom. This keeps her entertained for long periods of time. It also acts as a teething ring.
* Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy: Keeps everything attached to the car seat or stroller. Much better than velcro since they don't snag on her clothes or scratch her skin.

"Take Along Tunes" is yet another winner from Baby Einstein. From their videos to their toys, you just can't go wrong with anything they make. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little "radio" for the baby, May 20, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
This little "radio" is very cute. My 7 month son loves pressing the buttons to turn it on and change the music and he likes the lights too. However, it does end up on the floor a lot! LOL - Even my 4 1/2 yr old daughter loves it! The music is classical music that you know from the Baby Einstein videos. The volume is a good level and not annoying at all. The music is soothing and you don't get sick of hearing it like some other baby toys. I would recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, August 30, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
My daughter was fascinated with this toy starting at about 6 weeks of age when absolutely no other toy interested her. She would stare at the lights for minutes on end, and, as us mothers know, at this young age, a content baby for several minutes and be a miracle. We went on a road trip when she was just over two months and this was a life saver. I highly recommd this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars one of my baby's favorite, June 25, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
music is not loud or annoying when you take it out with you but enough for the little one to appreciate. it has been a lot of things; a chew toy, musical toy, educational toy, accessory, and lately a hammer. although the light bulbs gave out already my baby still likes it. i have also given this out as a gift, and only good feedbacks so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Toy, March 7, 2009
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
We took this toy with us for a three hour car ride with our 1 year old son, and it kept him entertained for at least 1-2 hours. He kept pushing the button each time a song ended. It's not extremely loud, so it's not obnoxious to parents. I will probably take this with us on our next plane ride. It's nice and small, too, so it fits into a purse, diaper bag, or tote bag very easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves the lights and sounds - Doesn't bug Mom & Dad!, October 19, 2012
M.A.W (Anchorage, Alaska) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
Received at my shower. Used it almost immediately. My son is coming up on his 1st birthday and he still loves the toy. The lights would calm him down when he was in a giant fit when he was very little and now he enjoys pressing the button for the changing tunes :)

I read through some of the 1 star reviews out of curiosity and I have to admit that the problem that most of them mentioned - the chewing off of the sticker - was a problem...of sorts. My kid didn't choke on it and I just didn't freak out about him swallowing a bit of it so it didn't bother me. If the sticker didn't come off, I would have given this 5 stars.

There aren't too many toys that have grown with and kept the interest of my son for this long. Take along tunes and Sophie Giraffe are the only two. Oh, yeah, that and a used egg carton. He loves that freaking egg carton! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Einstein Takealong Tunes, September 30, 2008
Justin Lehman (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
We bought this toy on a whim... to qualify for free shipping by exceeding the $25 mark on Amazon (just being honest). I've had good luck with Baby Einstein toys, etc in the past. The music is of good quality... not at all distorted or too loud... and it comes with all the "usual" baby songs (can we get some variety or what?). The lights are especially dazzling in darkly lit areas... not so much in bright rooms or outside during the day. It's very basic (just one button to activate both lights and music) and my 9 month old daughter seems to get bored with it rather quickly, but I'd definitely recommend it for younger infants or perhaps as a toy for "the quick grocery trip" or to attach to a stroller. In my opinion, it's too basic for infants beyond about 6 months and it could be much more interactive. Other than that, it's of good quality and worth it for the small price tag.

3.0 out of 5 stars My son enjoys the sounds but I don't like the hardness, September 2, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, bad interaction, NOT baby-proof!, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
I don't know if this was redesigned far worse than its original incarnation. I can't imagine anyone giving the version we have a positive review. It has three awful flaws.

First and foremost, it's not even remotely babyproofed. The button is coated with a cheap sticker, that with even the slightest bit of moisture starts peeling and coming off. Apparently whoever designed it didn't know that babies chew on things. The only recourse was to peel the sticker off before our daughter could eat it, which left a sheen of sticky glue behind. Pretty disgusting. We tossed it at that point.

Even if the toy wasn't fundamentally flawed, there are still serious problems. The sound quality is mediocre to poor. Particularly if you have the volume on the higher setting, there's a lot of scratchiness and distortion. It also has a terrible interface. Instead of playing each song in its entirety, it jumps to the next song when the button is pressed, and it's a VERY sensitive button. If your child is handling it at all, it'll rapidly cycle through the first few seconds of each song. In addition to being extremely annoying, it defeats the whole point of the toy. The equivalent of endlessly flipping through radio stations is not "music".

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Soothing, December 4, 2009
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
My 6 month old son loved this toy ever since he was 2 months old. When he's fussy in the car I just give this toy to him and he calms down immediately! There are two volumes so if we are in the car I turn it to the highest volume and if we're in a public place or my office I just turn it down. The songs are long enough that they grab his attention for a few seconds. He loves to look at the blinking lights that play along with song as well. I feel this will be a toy he will enjoy for a while.

ARRAY(0xa7baa1e0)