3,851 Reviews
 (3,146)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little "radio" for the baby
Published on May 20, 2008 by Ann Gentile

"This year’s loser is Disney Baby Einstein’s Take Along Tunes, designed for children three months and older. Next to a child’s ear, Tunes generates 114.8 dB. From 10 inches away, Tunes puts out 88.1 dBs.

Published 12 months ago by Jesse Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little "radio" for the baby, May 20, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
This little "radio" is very cute. My 7 month son loves pressing the buttons to turn it on and change the music and he likes the lights too. However, it does end up on the floor a lot! LOL - Even my 4 1/2 yr old daughter loves it! The music is classical music that you know from the Baby Einstein videos. The volume is a good level and not annoying at all. The music is soothing and you don't get sick of hearing it like some other baby toys. I would recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars E=MC^Awesome!, February 12, 2011
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
I have my doubts that Einstein had anything to with the design of this toy. If he HAD invented this toy, he would have been satisfied enough with his career to abandon his dream of a unified theory.

In other words, this toy is fan-freakin-tastic.

- The volume can be set at two levels, which is a nice feature.
- The Music is varied and enjoyable for both baby and adults.
- The Handle is a good size for baby to grab, yet works as a chew option for teething. * It's not great for teething, but it contributes to the versatility of the toy.
- The light show that it puts on is incredibly effective at keeping baby entertained. You'd think it would give her a seizure, but it manages to just entertain.

This helps you maintain your sanity, which for under $10 is a bargain. If you love your child, you'll buy this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, August 30, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
My daughter was fascinated with this toy starting at about 6 weeks of age when absolutely no other toy interested her. She would stare at the lights for minutes on end, and, as us mothers know, at this young age, a content baby for several minutes and be a miracle. We went on a road trip when she was just over two months and this was a life saver. I highly recommd this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Toy, March 7, 2009
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
We took this toy with us for a three hour car ride with our 1 year old son, and it kept him entertained for at least 1-2 hours. He kept pushing the button each time a song ended. It's not extremely loud, so it's not obnoxious to parents. I will probably take this with us on our next plane ride. It's nice and small, too, so it fits into a purse, diaper bag, or tote bag very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our boy's favorite toy, April 14, 2009
Amazon Customer "JenniferPA" (Palo Alto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
I bought this toy for our son when he was about 2 months old. He was fascinated from the moment he saw it. It was too heavy for him to hold at the time so i'd hold it for him or prop it up against something while he watched, completely mesmerized. 6 months later, this is still his favorite toy. We take it everywhere - to restaurants, on the plane, anywhere where he might get bored and make a fuss. It always calms him down and isn't so loud that it will disturb other people. I would love it if there were one higher sound option because in loud restaurants, it's a little hard to hear. But the lights still play and that's enough to keep him interested. Also, for younger infants, it would be great if the music and lights played a little longer so the parent wouldn't have to press the button so often. But even without those improvements, it's a definite 5 star item!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my son's attention, June 8, 2010
treehugr (Coconut Creek, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
I've bought several small toys in the hopes of keeping my 11 month old son entertained when we go out for dinner or even a stroll. Many of them end up in the corner of his playpen after he's grown tired of them 5 minutes in. This toy is different - he will play with this for a long time - it really keeps his attention. Maybe it's the music AND flashing lights, but he just loves this toy. I attach it to his stroller with a sippy cup strap so that when he drops it (or throws it), it doesn't make it to the ground.

I would give it 5 stars if it played more songs (I think it has 4-5 songs), but I would definitely recommend it either way.

Another toy I would highly recommend is the Mozart Cube - that is another invaluable toy that keeps my son's attention much longer than any other toy. And the music is nice - not annoying like so many toys can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Soothing, December 4, 2009
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
My 6 month old son loved this toy ever since he was 2 months old. When he's fussy in the car I just give this toy to him and he calms down immediately! There are two volumes so if we are in the car I turn it to the highest volume and if we're in a public place or my office I just turn it down. The songs are long enough that they grab his attention for a few seconds. He loves to look at the blinking lights that play along with song as well. I feel this will be a toy he will enjoy for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Einstein Takealong Tunes, September 30, 2008
Justin Lehman (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
We bought this toy on a whim... to qualify for free shipping by exceeding the $25 mark on Amazon (just being honest). I've had good luck with Baby Einstein toys, etc in the past. The music is of good quality... not at all distorted or too loud... and it comes with all the "usual" baby songs (can we get some variety or what?). The lights are especially dazzling in darkly lit areas... not so much in bright rooms or outside during the day. It's very basic (just one button to activate both lights and music) and my 9 month old daughter seems to get bored with it rather quickly, but I'd definitely recommend it for younger infants or perhaps as a toy for "the quick grocery trip" or to attach to a stroller. In my opinion, it's too basic for infants beyond about 6 months and it could be much more interactive. Other than that, it's of good quality and worth it for the small price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars one of my baby's favorite, June 25, 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)
music is not loud or annoying when you take it out with you but enough for the little one to appreciate. it has been a lot of things; a chew toy, musical toy, educational toy, accessory, and lately a hammer. although the light bulbs gave out already my baby still likes it. i have also given this out as a gift, and only good feedbacks so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the most dangerous toys for children due to it's loud volume., December 23, 2013
This review is from: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes (Baby Product)

The Sight & Hearing Association (SHA) publishes an annual Noisy Toys List to help parents protect their kids’ hearing from these nefarious toys. Surprisingly, this year’s 18 entries include many educational toys, some toys meant for babies and some that can cause hearing damage with relatively little play-time.

Read more: [...]