Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on February 12, 2011
I have my doubts that Einstein had anything to with the design of this toy. If he HAD invented this toy, he would have been satisfied enough with his career to abandon his dream of a unified theory.

In other words, this toy is fan-freakin-tastic.

- The volume can be set at two levels, which is a nice feature.
- The Music is varied and enjoyable for both baby and adults.
- The Handle is a good size for baby to grab, yet works as a chew option for teething. * It's not great for teething, but it contributes to the versatility of the toy.
- The light show that it puts on is incredibly effective at keeping baby entertained. You'd think it would give her a seizure, but it manages to just entertain.

This helps you maintain your sanity, which for under $10 is a bargain. If you love your child, you'll buy this toy!
on May 20, 2008
This little "radio" is very cute. My 7 month son loves pressing the buttons to turn it on and change the music and he likes the lights too. However, it does end up on the floor a lot! LOL - Even my 4 1/2 yr old daughter loves it! The music is classical music that you know from the Baby Einstein videos. The volume is a good level and not annoying at all. The music is soothing and you don't get sick of hearing it like some other baby toys. I would recommend this toy.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2009
We took this toy with us for a three hour car ride with our 1 year old son, and it kept him entertained for at least 1-2 hours. He kept pushing the button each time a song ended. It's not extremely loud, so it's not obnoxious to parents. I will probably take this with us on our next plane ride. It's nice and small, too, so it fits into a purse, diaper bag, or tote bag very easily.
on August 30, 2008
My daughter was fascinated with this toy starting at about 6 weeks of age when absolutely no other toy interested her. She would stare at the lights for minutes on end, and, as us mothers know, at this young age, a content baby for several minutes and be a miracle. We went on a road trip when she was just over two months and this was a life saver. I highly recommd this product.
on June 8, 2010
I've bought several small toys in the hopes of keeping my 11 month old son entertained when we go out for dinner or even a stroll. Many of them end up in the corner of his playpen after he's grown tired of them 5 minutes in. This toy is different - he will play with this for a long time - it really keeps his attention. Maybe it's the music AND flashing lights, but he just loves this toy. I attach it to his stroller with a sippy cup strap so that when he drops it (or throws it), it doesn't make it to the ground.

I would give it 5 stars if it played more songs (I think it has 4-5 songs), but I would definitely recommend it either way.

Another toy I would highly recommend is the Mozart Cube - that is another invaluable toy that keeps my son's attention much longer than any other toy. And the music is nice - not annoying like so many toys can be.
on December 4, 2009
My 6 month old son loved this toy ever since he was 2 months old. When he's fussy in the car I just give this toy to him and he calms down immediately! There are two volumes so if we are in the car I turn it to the highest volume and if we're in a public place or my office I just turn it down. The songs are long enough that they grab his attention for a few seconds. He loves to look at the blinking lights that play along with song as well. I feel this will be a toy he will enjoy for a while.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2009
I bought this toy for our son when he was about 2 months old. He was fascinated from the moment he saw it. It was too heavy for him to hold at the time so i'd hold it for him or prop it up against something while he watched, completely mesmerized. 6 months later, this is still his favorite toy. We take it everywhere - to restaurants, on the plane, anywhere where he might get bored and make a fuss. It always calms him down and isn't so loud that it will disturb other people. I would love it if there were one higher sound option because in loud restaurants, it's a little hard to hear. But the lights still play and that's enough to keep him interested. Also, for younger infants, it would be great if the music and lights played a little longer so the parent wouldn't have to press the button so often. But even without those improvements, it's a definite 5 star item!
on June 25, 2008
music is not loud or annoying when you take it out with you but enough for the little one to appreciate. it has been a lot of things; a chew toy, musical toy, educational toy, accessory, and lately a hammer. although the light bulbs gave out already my baby still likes it. i have also given this out as a gift, and only good feedbacks so far.
on February 20, 2012
The baby's grandmother got her this toy as a Valentine's Day gift (the baby was around 14 weeks old), and she was immediately mesmerized. she loved having a "screen" of her own to look at, loved the music and the bright lights. As an adult I like it because it plays classical music and displays the notes; for the mom of a baby who has an affinity for music already, it is great. The tones of the music are also not jarring, tinny, or cheap-sounding. It's not a piano or a symphony, but the tones are almost soothing.

But here is the #1 reason why this product got 5 stars from me (and from the baby): before this toy, my baby hated tummy time. She would cry through it and we couldn't bear to go through with it. She is still too young to press the buttons regularly although she is starting to understand the cause and effect when mommy takes baby's finger and presses the big, easily pressed button for her, and she can hit it a few times, but for tummy time we turn it on for her. She loves looking at the screen to distract her from exercise--almost like watching TV while running the treadmill! The music and the lights motivate her, and thanks to this toy our baby was able to exercise enough to roll on her back on the first try! I just wish Baby Einstein made more of these with different tunes so we could play more of them while she does Tummy Time. No other toy has distracted her or kept her entertained during tummy time like this one!
on June 7, 2014
It has a very pleasant sound - the tunes are classic..! My baby loves to bite it - I will place pics of it when it was totally new and now... The only thing I'd change- it's that paper sticker - watch the pictures I've added- the kid just bite the paper and it doesn't look nice.. but it's ok- the toy works - that's the main thing for me)) I just love it, wanna buy more and more of Einstein toys for my angel.