4.0 out of 5 stars This is good for teaching counting
They seem to like this although the attention seems to be lost a little by the time it get's to the middle. I think the short ones are much more fun and interactive for them, the Childrens favorite songs, and Childrens favorite Nursery Rymes are the best ever.
Published on February 25, 2007 by E. Walley

2.0 out of 5 stars Teaches number recognition but not concept of counting
Published on April 21, 2008 by C. Jensen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Teaches number recognition but not concept of counting, April 21, 2008
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
We got this for our two and a half year old to help her learn her numbers and start to learn to count things from 1 -10. After about a month of watching the movie she can recognize most of her numbers but still does not really understand conceptually what they mean. In the video there is a song for each number 1-10..for example, number 2 is a song about two dogs playing and shows pairs of dogs running around. But then several of the songs don't even show the right number of objects. Like number 7 song is supposed to be about 7 llamas, but in the video it only shows like 3-5 llamas. The songs are mind-numbing to me, but do keep our daughter and our 1-year old son entertained with the songs, even if they're not really learning counting. Also, the movie is a super low-budget production, which normally would not bother me, but there are a few clips that are recycled through the video and hokey animated characters walking across the screen all the time. I would not recommend this to a friend as a good product for teaching counting and there are definitely better entertainment videos and more effective educational videos out there for little people.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is good for teaching counting, February 25, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars My Grandson Loves This DVD, May 10, 2007
bearienice (Green Bay, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
He's only one, but he loves this video and he loves the Nursery Rhymes one also. He can't get enough of it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for my 1-year old!, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
We received this as part of a package of DVDs as a gift; and so were not seeking an educational tool as some of the reviewers suggest they were doing when buying this DVD.

That said, my 20-month old LOVES this DVD. We haven't exposed him to much in the way of DVDs yet, but have also played "Baby Animals" and it does not interest him as much. I think it's because the tunes aren't as catchy.

This DVD has been great for us because (1) he is learning words, and there are many opportunities in this video to practice them... bird, baby, dog, balloon, horse, boat, robot, etc. (2) the videos themselves may not be high-production, but they have an interesting variety of content and I can certainly see why they are entertaining for my 1-year old to watch, in a good way (3) each little song/video is introduced with a chime that cues his continued interest -

The reviews were few and tepid, so I have felt compelled to offer that this is a fun, positive DVD in our house that currently gets played daily --

5.0 out of 5 stars "The number one is fun" ☺, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
Both my 3 and 6 year old sons absolutely love this movie. It's a fun and easy way to learn how to count.

5.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining book for young children, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
Very good and fun book for children learning to count,its live scenes puppet scenes cartoon scenes and sometimes some of each, This video is also easy on the parents as they don't get as annoying as a lot of videos that children love to play over and over. All the videos by Baby Genius have been very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Star, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
Rod never disappoints me in concert and now in telling his life story. I loved the book! Rod is forthcoming and funny as hell. A must for any Rod Fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars growing, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
bought for my baby niece, i'm sure she is getting her fill of all the education that is stored in this video

4.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter really likes it, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
I purchased the DVD for my two year old granddaughter, she really seems to enjoy the DVD very much. She sings along with the songs. It also helps with her learning to count.

1.0 out of 5 stars Its a LIE!, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs (DVD)
This is not favorite counting songs the DVD this is childrens songs the DVD and there is a CD that is included with counting songs. Discription is a lie, lie, lie. I wanted my toddler to see and hear the numbers with songs. That is not what I got with this dvd and cd combo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs
Baby Genius: Favorite Counting Songs by Pacific (DVD - 2006)
$9.98 $9.28