5.0 out of 5 stars Definite Five Stars
Between this book and "Be My Baby", Andersen has gone on my automatic buy list. There are very few writers who can pen a hero as well as Andersen. In fact, only Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Linda Howard come to mind.
Published on June 8, 2000 by Tina Engler Keen

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Too Much "Romance 101"
Published on February 5, 1999 by D. Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite Five Stars, June 8, 2000
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
I was shocked to see some of the bad reviews this book took on this site. "Baby I'm Yours" is a fresh, innovative, sexy, hilarious, light-hearted romantic comedy. If you like to laugh, and if you enjoy reading about feisty, quirky heroines who bring strong, primal males to heel, then this is the book to purchase.
There's nothing quite as nice for a reading enthusiast as finding an author who can make you smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 25, 2000
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
I've never read anything by Susan Anderson before, but if "Baby I'm Yours" is an indicator of how she writes, I'll be snapping up all of her books without a second thought. I especially like the cover art on her books. They are snappy and sharp and suit her writing style. I like how Anderson situates normal people like Catherine MacPherson and Sam McKade into her novels and bases her story not on an overly fantastic plot, but more a journey of two people who fall in love. I find that a lot of romance novels get caught up in the setting, regency England, for example and the history of the period and completely lose the characters. Without giving away too much of the novel, this is a writer not to be missed!

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Too Much "Romance 101", February 5, 1999
D. Lee "Fire Horse" (Thousand Oaks, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
While "Baby, I'm Yours" is entertaining enough to hold a reader's attention, there are some passages that appear to have been constructed using a "Guide for Writing Romance". It is absurd for the author to expect us to believe that when a man enters a woman's home and threatens her with a gun, she's going to notice "his strength", yet "Baby, I'm Yours" is full of scenarios in which Catherine, the heroine, notices Sam's physical attributes and inner appeal when she would really be trying to escape his clutches. Yes, this is a romance novel. Yes, we expect conflict and tension between our couple. But in this book, the attraction these two characters feel for one another pops up in places where it should not, giving the book a contrived sense about it. Also, at one point, Catherine has a chance to flee from Sam and just like they must teach in Romance 101 classes, she becomes a silly female and remains stuck in her predicament. The worst we have to face is Catherine's ludicrous request that Sam shoot a spider with the little bit of ammunition they have. Again, we are to find it "precious" that she wants protection from a spider in any old, silly, aren't-I-just-vulnerable?, female way she can get it. There is no depth of character, Sam is an unattractive, bratty male, and her subplots (Kaylee and Bobby; Gary back in Florida) are so much better-woven than the main plot, that one is left starving for those characters to creep back up and take over from the boredom that Catherine and Sam provide. In short, the story is too skeletal: The author hits on all of the Romance 101 keys but leaves us wanting a story we can sink our teeth into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot and Humorous!!!, January 11, 2002
Amber (Pennsauken, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
This was my very first Susan Anderson novel and I was REALLY impressed. This book was so easy to read, so enjoyable. The main character is Catherine MacPherson, who is mistaken for her twin sister Kaylee. Kaylee has skipped bail, and Sam McCade is the penny pinching bail enforcer (aka "bail boy" or "bounty hunter") who has come to claim her. Sam takes Catherine on a wild and sometimes dangerous but always hilarious journey from Seattle to Miami. At first, Catherine is outraged and does everything she can to foil Sam's mission, but as feelings grow between her and Sam she finds a different part of herself - the spontaneous and carefree side of her personality that she has kept inside until now. Meanwhile, her twin sister Kaylee, who is the exact opposite, is finding the part of herself which is honorable and sensible.
Wow, the romance and the hot sex scenes alone make this a book you just can't put down. The subplots and the humor make it irresistable. Kaylee's character kind of annoyed me at first, but then I found myself grudgingly liking her. My favorite line is in the epilogue where Kaylee is comparing men to well laid kitchen floors .... Loved it! I would definitely recommend this book, and I can't wait to read more by Susan Anderson.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but . . ., April 30, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought "Baby I'm Yours" after reading "Be My Baby," and I was a little disappointed.
There are some cute situations in BIY, and I like it that Catherine's rotten sister eventually found a few redeeming qualities, but I had a hard time sympathizing with a twin who would knowingly let her sister take the fall for a crime.
The "hero" is a jerk and a half, and it's difficult to believe the two will live happily ever after in a world full of other opportunities.
I think the whole sign-language-thing could have been developed better, and it came off looking like a device instead of a bonafide plot twist.
Regardless, it was interesting to see how Ms. Andersen has grown in writing talent since BIY, and I look forward to reading her next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining 4 1/2 Star Read!!!, April 4, 2002
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
Very entertaining tale of a mistaken identity of a twin and the bounty hunter after her. A fun ride that takes us through Washington State to Wyoming and into the Colorado wilderness without skipping a beat of the action. I truly liked Sam McKade, the male lead and bounty hunter. The female lead of the mistaken twin Catherine MacPherson was fun to read, but she sometimes got on my nerves. LOL...what I mean by that is that she is mistaken for her showgirl-stripper-wild twin sister Kaylee and she tended to try and act like her sister to the point of annoyance. Hard to explain, but she was being hauled from home and practically accosted by this guy she didn't know and all she did for the first few chapters was figure, hell, I might as well try and be Kaylee and see why she does the things she does. She wears her stripper clothes and makeup and I got the impression she looked like a hooker to the people in the story, lol. No offense Ms. Anderson, I loved the story, it was fast-paced and fun to read, but Catherine was a little too unbelieveable in the beginning.
~The last thing a proper Seattle teacher for the deaf needs is a surly bounty hunter breaking into her quiet home and mistaking her for her wild and out of control twin sister Kaylee! She hasn't even seen her sister in a long while! So when Kaylee shows up at her door wanting help and then suddenly flees leaving Catherine literally holding the bag, Sam McKade comes barging into her home and handcuffs her! No way is he believing that she is a twin! things dont get better when he drags her along with all Kaylee's clothes and puts her on a Greyhound bus handcuffed to his wrist intending to go to Miami! Things get even worse when she is crammed up next to him, all muscle and machoness, making her think bad things about him when she is a respectable schoolteacher from Seattle, not some floozy stripper!
Sam McKade has no patience for the lies this irritating, yet gorgeous woman he spewing! Twins??? Yeah right! Did she think he was a moron? He needs this bounty to fulfill a promise to a friend and he is not letting some floozy stripper get the best of him, even though she makes his blood boil...and skin hot...he won't let her! He can't let her, it will make him careless and he truly needed this money! Problems begin to mount as someone is on their tail and that someone wants Kaylee dead. Sam can't believe his luck! Through tons of tricks she pulls to get away and this 'someone' trying to get her, am is at the end of his rope! To make things really bad is when Sam starts to realize that Kaylee is not what she appears to be afterall...is she really a twin? He has no time to ponder this as the fireworks begin to take hold between them and they are running for their lives!
Funny moments that will have you laughing out loud and sweet ones that will make you smile. I loved it and enjoyed the tricks she pulled on Sam. Very sexy read full of laughs. Susan Anderson always delivers!!!
Tracy Talley~@

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but missing a little something, February 20, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was a fun read with a lot of romantic adventure. However, there seemed to be something missing. The characters were wonderful, and if it was not for their fire and spirit, this book would not have been as enjoyable. Maybe it was the lack of reality that got me hesitating on mores stars for this book, I do not know. There was just something missing. The main characters were fabulous. The book was about a bounty hunter that "catches" the wrong twin. Though she tries to explain to him who she really is, he dismisses it. The book is basically about their love hate relationship as they run into many different hardships and challenges. Meanwhile, her sister and her sister's boyfriend are out trying to rescue her from the bounty hunter. Every character in this book is charming and spirited and that is good enough reason to read it. I really LOVED 'Be My Baby' but this book would be a good novel with a laugh or two if you are in the mood for some crazy twists and turns and some outrageous chracters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, smart and sexy., February 14, 2000
Dina_179 (Jakarta, Indonesia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
"Baby I'm Yours" is a lot more entertaining than the other book "Be My Baby". BIY keeps you guessing on Cat's next smart move. And in the end you have to give her credit for her ingenuity, forget the weak, cry baby female character, Cat is what I want in a heroine. It's easy to laugh along. I fell in love instantly to both Sam and Cat and took pity to Sam's frustration dealing with the resourceful Cat. The secondary characters, Bobby and Kaylee - Cat's twin sister are given enough portion for us to know and like them, and a sweet love story of their own. Susan Andersen really knows how to balance the actions among the characters. Keep up the good work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story, March 9, 2004
Elizabeth "lking173" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
If you are looking for a very lighthearted read, that you can read in one sitting, than this is your novel. Catherine has a twin sister whose middle name is trouble. Catherine's twin shows up at her home, and the very next day Catherine is dragged from her house by Sam McKade, a bounty hunter on the lookout for her twin. Sam does not believe that he has the wrong girl. There is no way that there are two identical long legged red heads. This is pretty much a road trip story as Sam fights his attraction for his prisoner while returning her to town to face her charges. Now throw into the mix the local mob who wants her sister dead, and you have a very cute story.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, fun romance, February 11, 2009
Gialdini (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby, I'm Yours (Mass Market Paperback)
A light, fun romance with some sizzling hot chemistry. Baby, I'm Yours takes the old good twin, bad twin story, but the author twists this stereotype enough to make the characters her own. Sure it's about the "good" twin awakening to and enjoying her more naughty side, and the "bad" twin learning to use her brains and be a bit more responsible - but at the same time the book is very tongue in cheek about these clichés, and manages to make them heartfelt and, above all, entertaining. The "bad" twin, Kaylee, who's a show girl, gets into a spot of trouble when she overhears her boss plotting the murder of another show girl. Kaylee skips town before the bad guys can silence her as well and heads where she always goes when she's in trouble - to her sister Catherine in Seattle. Unfortunately, in escaping her boss and leaving Miami, Kaylee is also skipping bail. (She had gotten caught with a stolen car that she didn't know was stolen.) Catherine is the proper, repressed, responsible one who's always cleaned up after Kaylee's many messes. At the same time, she's not a complete martyr, for she knows she's a bit of doormat and is frustrated with herself and her sister for the way things are.

The fun starts when the bounty hunter, Sam McKade, who's after Kaylee to get the reward for returning her to Miami, mistakes Catherine for Kaylee. He doesn't believe a word Catherine says and tries to get her back to Miami. Catherine, for her part, is not about to go quietly. And so begins a road trip that's a fun, often funny romp of a romance as Catherine and Sam fight, test, and outmaneuver each other - all the while racketing the sexual tension sky high. I love the interactions between these two. Kaylee is smart and, as she loosens up, gives as good as she gets. Sam is overbearing, rough around the edges, and tries to carry the world on his shoulders. My only qualm is the way in which he comes to realize Catherine is who she says she is. Besides that, the thing I like best about the book is that it didn't seem to take itself too seriously. The hit man that comes after Catherine (thinking she's Kaylee) isn't the most evil, most powerful, most dangerous henchman to ever imperil the lives of his victims. Sam boarders on angst melodrama territory, but Catherine doesn't let him wallow and calls him on his stupidity. Everyone gets their ego punctured in this book through good humored parody and/or the comedy of errors that is the plot. This story has been told before, has probably been told since it came out, but the author manages to make it seem relatively fresh, while the emotions of the characters remain real and compelling. I liked how everything was resolved in the end, and I felt good after reading it, so it gets a passing grade from me.

Baby, I'm Yours
Baby, I'm Yours by Susan Andersen (Mass Market Paperback - May 1, 1998)
$7.99