5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we wanted
The City Mini GT Single and Double Strollers are new additions for 2012 to the Baby Jogger line. The GT versions offer some major improvements over the regular City Minis while carrying over the basic models' ease of use and simple design.

== City Mini Double GT vs. non-GT ==
Published on April 9, 2012 by J. Finkel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good All Terrain Double (UPDATED)
Published on June 19, 2012 by sam0825

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we wanted, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller, Shadow/Orange (Baby Product)

== City Mini Double GT vs. non-GT ==
The GT's main attraction vs. non-GT is roomier seats for your kid. The shoulder room on the City Mini Double is only 11", which the GT bumps up to 12". Max height on the GT is 26" vs. the non-GT's 23". Both double strollers offer 100 lbs. capacity. Both models recline to a near-flat position, which we use with our infant instead of a car seat adapter.

The GT's 8.5" forever-air tires allow the GT to competently handle grass and gravel. While they provide overall better handling without the hassle of filling them with air, they don't provide the same level of shock absorption as traditional air-filled tires.

The handle bar is now adjustable to several angles, making it not only more comfortable for tall and short parents but the GT can better accomodate the Baby Jogger Glider Board For City/Summit because it is easier to move the handle bar out of the way. The handlebar on the GT also has a handbrake vs. the non-GT's foot brake. The handbrake is very convenient since it is easy to see and takes minimal effort to operate.

The canopies on the GT have 2 peek-a-boo windows vs. the non-GT's one window. The canopies also provide better coverage.

The GT is roughly 6 lbs. heavier.
Dimensions (L x W x H):
City Mini Double GT ------- City Mini Double
44" x 29.5" x 43.5" ------- 38.5" x 29.75" x 41.5"
31" x 29.5" x 12.5" (folded)--31" x 29.75" x 11.25" (folded)
26" x 29.5" x 12.5" (folded w/ front wheels detached) -- n/a

== City Mini Double GT vs. The Rest ==
There are a dizzying number of great strollers on the market now. The Uppababy Vista, Baby Jogger City Select and BOB Revolution Duallie all seemed to offer their own strengths and weaknesses. While the City Mini GT isn't quite as wide as the BOB Duallie, it is quite a beast unfolded. My main concern was being able to fit the City Mini Double GT into my very small 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid sedan trunk. My trunk just barely fits my BOB Revolution single stroller with the wheels on. The City Mini GT Double doesn't fit with the wheels on, but with the two front wheels detached, it is an easy fit. With all four wheels off, I actually have more room in my trunk than with the BOB Revolution single since the height of the stroller decreases by several inches. The wheels attach and detach very easily.

Compared to the Vista and City Select, the City Mini GT Double is simpler and less versatile. With the GT (assuming you have a normal trunk) you can just fold it and toss it in, whereas as most other double strollers will require detaching seats etc. While the simple reclining of the GT's seats works well for us, other strollers offer a dozen or more configurations thanks to those detachable seats. The GT would be great for twins or parents who already own a decent single stroller, but I won't be lugging it around the times I only have one kid with me. Maneuverability is an issue with all double strollers whether you choose one that's long (vista, select) or wide (mini, duallie). The GT fits through all standard doorways, but will be problematic in many stores with cramped aisles. The GT is not ideal for shopping malls.

== Final Thoughts ==
I am very satisfied with the City Mini GT Double stroller. It fulfills my family's needs thanks to its all-terrain wheels, great canopies, smooth handling, easy folding and relatively compact folding size when needed. We have a BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller, Black (as mentioned), Maclaren Quest Sport Stroller, Carmine Rose/Coffee, and a Graco SnugRider Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame. Thanks to either poor planning or a priority for accommodating our children we now have four strollers. The SnugRider gets the most use right now as we use it for trips where our 2 year old can walk or be carried and our infant is best left in the car seat to nap. The BOB is great for the beach or jogging with our toddler. The Maclaren would be a good option for taking along with the SnugRider sometimes, but will most likely see more use when our infant is two or three.

If you are just getting your first stroller for your first kid. I would certainly recommend checking out on of the other strollers mentioned in this review. Or if you are set on getting one expensive stroller to fulfill all of your needs, then you may want a stroller than can be configured as a single stroller. If you have twins or are in a similar situation to me, then I would enthusiastically recommend the City Mini Double GT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stroller I could have bought!, July 6, 2012
This is one amazing stroller! It is phenomenal, and I can't even say how much I love it! It is so easy to maneuver, and turns on a dime, even loaded down. I have a 3 year old who weighs 43 pounds and is 43" tall, and a 11 month old who weighs around 20 pounds. When I push them both it does not pull in either direction. It is so easy to push, even with one child weighing twice as much as the other. I can literally push it with one finger. The wheels are amazing, and are just what I was looking for in a stroller. They can handle the rough gravel around my neighborhood very easily. I love the larger seats. My kids tend to be bigger than average and this works great for us. The adjustable handlebar is amazing, and is NOT made of that foam stuff that gets easily torn. I also love the hand parking brake. I didn't think the hand brake was necessary when I bought it, but now it's one of my favorite features. You can engage the brake when you're in front of the stroller, which is nice. We looked at Phil and Ted doubles also, but picked this one because I need both of my kids to be able to nap at the same time. You can't do that with a Phil and Ted. Also, it strolls through doorways so easily. I'm always amazed at people's reactions when it fits through doors because no one ever thinks it's going to make it, but it does! :) As far as the cons, it is a little heavy when it's folded, but that's because it has a high quality frame and I would prefer that over having a light stroller. Also, there is not a whole lot of storage on the bottom, but there are going to be things you don't like with any stroller. Everyone wants a smaller, compact stroller, but with that comes a smaller footprint and thus less storage. Also, the kids do sit back a little in it, and it seems like they don't get a lot of air flow when it's hot outside and they're sitting fully upright. I think this is more of a heat issue and not a stroller issue though. When the seat is reclined even a little there is excellent air flow. All in all, it is absolutely wonderful, and I find myself looking for excuses to bring it when I go somewhere!

REVISED:
I have owned the stroller for less than a month, and like other reviewers, one of the front wheels started locking automatically. I was at the library and literally had to unlock it ten times before I got back to my car. I called customer service and they were very helpful and are sending me two new complete wheel assemblies. Hopefully it'll fix the problem and it won't happen again... I would still rate it a 5 because it's an awesome stroller, but if it happens again I won't feel the same way.

REVISED AGAIN:
I received the new wheel and have been using it for TWO YEARS now with no issues or problems. I absolutely love it! It is an amazing stroller. We just took it to Disneyland and it saved us! Both kids could nap at the same time, it was a life saver.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite twin stroller, September 28, 2013
I have 19 month twins, and I have obsessively researched the best strollers for two. We have actually gone through quite a few.

1. Britax B Ready -- fantastic when they were still in their infant Britax carseats that could snap right on with the adaptors. It was so easy to maneuver through tight spaces, and since it was tandem, it actually fit easily through crowds and aisles. However, as soon as they grew out of the infant carseats, I always felt bad for the baby who got stuck in the bottom seat under the other child. I thought this stroller was made more for an older child with an infant on the bottom, not twins. Sold it.

2. Bumbleride Indie Twin -- solid stroller with lots of fun accessories including infant pram attachments. It handles on a dime and is really well-thought out. The storage basket had easy access, and the sun shades were adequate. If I lived in a city, I would most certainly have kept this stroller. However (A MAJOR DRAWBACK), I found it cumbersome to close. It took me forever to figure out, and even once I had the knack of it, it was still difficult. Then, add getting it in and out of the car. No way. I was not strong enough. Sold it.

3. Combi Twinspot -- I loathe this stroller. I cringe every time I pass it in the garage. The wheels are horrid and only work well on pavement. It does not handle well. The sunshades are a complete joke. In fact, after having had it folded up for the month, the sunshades got bent and now are even more useless. It IS light and ok for travel, but that is only because I wouldn't mind if the airline broke it!

4. Citi Select Double -- I like this stroller a lot. It was my "go-to" for at least a year, because it is TANDEM and can actually fit through stores. You can use it as a single or double stroller, which is a fantastic feature -- if you just have one child for the day, you don't need to switch out the stroller in the trunk! I love that there are so many options for the seats -- the children can face forward, towards you, or towards each other. Depending on the children's moods, it is nice to have them looking different directions : ). It has a really accessible storage compartment. The handlebar is also adjustable for taller parents. The sun shades are okay. It has a hand break like the citi mini, which is super convenient. Negatives -- 1. you have to remove one seat to collapse (not a huge deal since it only takes one second) 2. the seats are SMALL (I cannot see my kids fitting in them over the age of 2 1/2) 3. Although you can have the children facing so many directions, it is not really usable in all of the positions. For example, if you have both children facing forward, the child's seat in the front is practically right on top of the child in the back. There is no room to recline in many of the position!

5. Citi Mini GT Double -- LOVE LOVE LOVE. Out of all my strollers I have gone through, this is the keeper. If I had this from the beginning, I would have been a happy camper and saved a lot of money and hassle. It handles so well that you can actually steer with one hand. The handle bar is adjustable for taller parents, which is a must in my household. The seats are roomy, and the sunshades... WOW! They are the best. The all-terrain wheels are most certainly all-terrain. I have taken this stroller hiking, and it did wonderfully. Most importantly -- IT IS SO EASY TO OPEN AND CLOSE! Of course it is still a bit heavy, but I can actually get this in and out of the car no problem.

There are a few negatives that others have mentioned -- the storage compartment is difficult to access. You really can only access from the side of the stroller. Not a big deal for me. I have also had problems with the front wheel falling off when I lift it to go over a curb, it is super easy to pop back on. I attribute it to the way I throw the stroller in the car. The biggest negative about this stroller is the lack of parent console. The one baby jogger sells in not compatible with the GT. Come on Baby Jogger, get your act together and put a console built in on the stroller!

Overall, the negatives are really not that bad. If you are trying to decide on a double stroller, this is the way to go! And definitely spend the extra money on the GT for the amazing all-terrain tires. You will be glad you did!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good All Terrain Double (UPDATED), June 19, 2012
We purchased this for our newborn and 2.5 year old. I am giving only 3 stars because of the car seat adaptor and a problem I had with one of the wheels. I am hoping that once I stop using the adaptor I will feel like it's a 4-5 star stroller. The car seat adaptor is awful. We use it with a Graco Sungride 32. I do not understand how Baby Jogger can charge an extra $80plus for a car seat adaptor and the car seat doesn't even snap in. You have to secure it with a strap and it holds my baby's head at such an angle that she's falling into the strap. Also, it's an all terrain stroller so meant to go over bumps, but my car seat has a tendency to dislodge from the adaptor when we go over bumps. Also, the seats do not come out of the stroller so you have to attach the adaptor in front of one of the seats. This makes the stroller feel very bulky and long. I am hoping to like the stroller a lot more when I put my baby right in the seat (but it's a shame because since there is no option to rear face one of the seats, I prefer using the car seat over having her face forward and not be visible to me).
As another review said, I also had an issue where the left front wheel was going into the locked position completely defeating the good maneuverability of the stroller. I had to stop at every turn to unlock it. Baby Jogger did quickly send me two new replacement wheels though.
I really like the huge sun canopies and my very tall 2.5 year old fits great in the stroller and takes really long naps in there so I know he's comfortable. I like the maneuverability and all-terrain-ness of the stroller (night and day between this and the non-GT double) but the car seat and wheel issues have taken away from the ease and ability to go over bumps/curbs you would expect from an all terrain stroller.
We walk everywhere so I haven't dealt with the fold yet and I tent to avoid going in and out of stores with it since in general double strollers feel wide. But it does fit through regular door ways - I always haul it in through our backdoor if my son is sleeping.
My ideal double stroller (narrow, side by side, removable seats, ability to rear face one of the seats, large/tall seats) seems to not exist (the Mountain Buggy Duet is probably the closest but the seats are way too small) so this seems to be the best option if you want a side by side all terrain double that's fairly narrow.
UPDATED: My kids are 1 1/2 and almost 4 now, and I wanted to update the review to confirm that once I stopped using the car seat adaptor (a version which I believe has since been recalled due to fall hazard, not surprisingly) and replaced both original wheels, this has become a 4 to 5-star stroller for me. The fold is very easy, I have no problems getting it in and out of the car, the maneuverability is great (I actually brought it on a hike) and my kids are comfortable in it. Two minor complaints are that the seats in their most upright position are not really at a 90 degree angle and I know the slight recline bothers my daughter sometimes and the basket while large is hard to access - you have to stuff things in from the side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 5, 2013
After dealing with a second-hand Maclaren Twin Techno for the first year of my twins' lives, this is an amazing upgrade! First, (even though Amazon says not to comment about shipping and it's not really related to the stroller) this shipped unbelievably fast. After learning that I couldn't use the standard 20% off coupon at either Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us (Baby Jogger is on their list of coupon restricted purchases) and that it wasn't actually in stock and would have to be ordered and shipped to the store, I decided to purchase it thru Amazon. Glad I did! I think I ordered it on a Thursday and it was delivered to me on Monday (which also happened to be Presidents' Day, a legal holiday) and that was WITH super saver shipping. Fabulous! It would have taken days more to get if I did it thou the baby stores. Go Amazon!

But about the stroller...assembling things is not my forte, but this was a piece of cake. Snap in the wheels and snap on the canopies and you are good to go. No problems. Major plus in my book. The ride is incredibly smooth! The stroller practically pushes itself. It is such a pleasure to push. With my old Maclaren I'd have a difficult time just getting over an uneven patch in the sidewalk (I had to change my route because it was so annoying!) and going from the street to the sidewalk was a major pain. This is not the case with the City. It barrels over uneven terrain with no problem.

It is quite light for a double stroller and folds incredibly easily. Just pull the handles and it folds in two and is pretty flat. It does take up more room in my trunk than the Maclaren, but everything else about the stroller is worth it. The lock to keep it closed is a super pain though and I wish they would've made it snap/lock more easily. Because it doesn't lock easily, I usually forego the lock and heave it into my trunk unlocked, making it slightly annoying. Again, not a major problem. The red safety snap is is also kind of annoying, so honestly I haven't used it. Not sure how it would close while the kids are in it, so I haven't been too concerned. The basket below is a smidge difficult to access. You really have to bend down and under the stroller to get things in and out.

For the price, it's a little disappointing that it doesn't come with more accessories. You'll have to buy your own parent console, belly bar, and food trays. I haven't done that yet so I can't comment on how those work/affix to the stroller.

But the ride is what counts and that's why you buy the stroller. Pushing this stroller is a dream! You can easily do it with one hand if you need to take a gulp of water or answer a call (couldn't with my Maclaren). I haven't had any problems getting through doorways either. haven't done so yet, but taking this for a light jog will definitely work. It's not a jogging stroller, but I didn't want to buy a separate jogging stroller because I'm not a major runner. This will work fine and the tires and frame are more than capable of a quick pace in my opinion.

The great peekaboo windows, huge canopies, and easy seat adjustments are also major pluses.

I spent hours researching double strollers online and I'm incredibly happy with my decision to buy the GT. I haven't experienced the wheel locking problems that others have. If I do, I'll update this review. Really, this stroller was well worth the money and I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can use it even more. I <3 my GT!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE MY GT!, June 6, 2013
These reviews were very helpful when deciding which stroller to purchase when my 2nd child arrived. I had made up my mind that my older son may be old enough to take small trips without wanting to be carried, napping or leaving my side but I was silly to expect this much from a 2 year old. Leaving the house with a newborn in one stroller that didnt allow the carseat to attach properly and a toddler in hand didn't make sense at all.

I did plenty of research and the GTdouble fit the bill. I hadnt planned on spending this much for a stroller but the other options had none of what I needed for the price I had in mind.

I have a very tall 2.5 year old weighing in at 37lbs and still falls asleep and takes naps when out and about. I needed a stroller that comfortably allowed him to recline and a second seat that allowed for my newborn to recline as well when he grows up.Tandem strollers did not allow for my son to recline fully or allow enough leg space. Tandems have also been said to be difficult to manuver. Sitting in the front, his legs hung out and over the foot rests. Sitting in the back, he'd have nonleg soace. Aside from his legs dragging along, none of the canopies were tall enough. I had the same problem with most of the jogging strollers as well. He fit awkward in many strollers that we tried. We have a bob and seeing him in it I didnt even bother looking at the double. So i have no say. I was also interested in lighter compact folds. Tandems and even the double strollers I liked have a weight limit of 40-45 and my son being pretty much 40lbs. I needed a stroller that would last me another full year or so of growing space.

I wanted him to fit in the awesome strollers that are out on the market, strollers that had seat options and modern designs but these strollers were designed for the average and not my above average son. I singled down to Bumbleride indie twin and GT, bumbleride was way off my budget and the fold was more difficult and less compact. Bumbleride was also slightly heavier feel than GT when pushed, I could do without the extra weight.

The GT HAS PROVED TO BE MONEY WELL SPENT.

Tall Canopies that provide tons of shade
Full recline
Leg room
*Weight Limit 50lbs.* (a stroller that'll last)
Adjustable Handlebar (for tall daddy)
Handbreak (easy)
8.5 All terrain forever wheels (no maintenance)
Peekaboo windows
Extra smooth push
Extra easy/compact fold

The only cons I found was that the basic things were sold separately and the storage could be a little bigger and more easily accessible.

Parent cupholder/console
Belly bar

But for a stroller that had features other strollers couldnt compare to, I guess its a price we have to pay.

GT's stroller features are great and if its in your budget and you dont mind dishing out a little extra cash for extras, I'd recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Double, March 18, 2014
We love this double stroller for our toddler and baby. The bigger one says he is very comfortable, and the baby seems perfectly happy. It handles much better than any other double we tested, and all the features make sense.

I was comforted by all the reviews on here and elsewhere that said it fit through standard doors easily, and I measured our doors to make sure it would work. And it kind of does, but I guess our back door is a hair nonstandard? It fits through with a certain amount of maneuvering, tugging, cursing, tearing the weather stripping, and...well, unless it's pouring rain, we keep the stroller folded inside, put it through the door, unfold it, get the kids in. Despite loving everything else, we wouldn't have gotten this stroller (or probably any side-by-side) if we'd known how tight a fit it would be. I think the published dimensions are slightly understating the maximum width. It also does not even come close to fitting through our back gate, so we have to take it through the garage and out the alley, which isn't the greatest when there is a lot of ice or snow. It does, however, fit through most retail/commercial doors (and certainly any that are handicapped accessible). I haven't had to put it in the car yet, but can tell it will easily fit with plenty of room to spare.

That said, it is surprisingly easy to maneuver, the shades are great, the recline options work well, and the brake is adequate. It's annoying to have to remember to do the snaps every time you unfold it, but not the end of the world. I highly recommend it if you are confident your doors are wide enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome all terrain double stroller!, March 3, 2012
Just picked up this double stroller and it is awesome! It was available at a local baby superstore. It was very easy to assemble. Basically put the wheels on and the canopies and that's it. The wheels are the forever air wheels and are great for rolling around on the sidewalk and other uneven surfaces. The handlebar is easily adjustable which is great since my wife is very tall. The brake is a hand release brake on the right hand side and is really easy to use. No more worrying about foot brakes like in our previous double stroller. The canopies are huge with two peek-a-boo windows each. They come down really far just like the pictures. The harness system is well done and easily adjusted. The stroller is easy to push and turns on a dime. Probably the best features are how light this thing is and how easy it is to fold up. This thing is MUCH lighter than our Chicco Cortina double stroller. It's also MUCH easier to fold. Literally just undo one safety snap and then grab the two handles on the seats and pull up and it folds up super easy. I was actually shocked how easy it was to fold up as our Chicco is a real pain to fold. There is an automatic latch to lock it down in place too which is great. I don't feel like it's too large. It fits through most doorways and is easy to transport due to the easy folding and compact size it ends up in after folding. We have 8 month old twins and this stroller meets all our needs and more. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for power walking & getting around the city, March 25, 2012
RLB (St. Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I have a 21 month old and 6 week old. I was looking for a stroller I could use for long walks, light jogging, and for use in a city. I considered the Bob Revolution Duallie, Mtn Buggy Duet, Bumbleride Indie Twin, and City Mini GT. The Duet is the most narrow, but that means the seats are the smallest. My petite 21 month old (30", 22 lbs) looked cramped and I want something she won't outgrow immediately. I also eliminated the Indie Twin because of the recent recall. I didn't want to spend that much money and have to address a recall already. The Bob and City Mini GT are both great strollers - we have a Bob Revolution single and love it. The City Mini GT won out because it is more narrow, lighter, and a more compact fold than the Bob. It also has an adjustable handlebar, full recline seats (with a mesh or covered back), and the recline adjustment is easier than the Bob. I also preferred the City Mini's canopies and hand brake. The negatives: 1) this is not a jogging stroller - it is recommended for power walking but not jogging. The Bob is a true jogging stroller. Depending on your needs, this may or may not be a concern. 2) The basket is small and hard to access. The Bob doesn't have a great basket either, but it is better than the Mini's. 3) There are 4 safety straps that need to be snapped/unsnapped every time you unfold/fold the stroller. I believe the Bob only has 1. 4) The auto lock is VERY difficult to get to work - both seats must be upright, the handlebar must be in the most upright position, the 4 safety straps need to be unsnapped, the front wheels need to fold out, and the fabric & the seat back boards need to be pushed out of the way. It took multiple emails to Baby Jogger to figure out how to get the auto lock to engage (their customer service has been great). Maybe with more use it will become second nature, but right now with a toddler and infant to juggle it's a lot of steps to get it to lock shut. But overall the stroller has been working well for long walks in the city (uneven terrain) and maneuvering in stores.

3.0 out of 5 stars Issues with the front swivel wheel, May 29, 2012
Eddie Alvarez (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
After much anticipation for this stroller, I'm very disappointed after only 3 days of use. Just like others in this review, the front swivel wheels locks in to place without me doing so. I have a 3 yr old and a 8 week old. Imagine pushing the stroller and not being able to maneuver it. I had to stop about 10 times to unlock each wheel. The stroller costs too much money for these simple defects to happen. I gave the rating a 3 as it still good in that it meet my needs- easy fold, compact, comfortable for the kids and smooth ride when it doesn't lock up. I'm waiting to hear back from baby jogger on this...

Rate and Discover Movies