I was hesitant on buying this because of some of the bad reviews. I'm not sure if it's been redesigned since those reviews, but this glider is a life saver!!

- I'm 5'5 and my feet/shins do NOT hit it like so many othe reviews. I could run with it and still not hit it...not that I would.

-Yes, my child (3 year old boy) has to lean his head a bit, but...
Published 1 month ago by Natalie Reaman

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to LOVE it, but...
Published on March 10, 2011 by BMHW

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to LOVE it, but..., March 10, 2011
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
I'm a mother of three (3.5 yrs, 1.5 yr and 3 mos). I love the double city mini and have been waiting for the glider board to be available. It was easy to assemble and attach to the stroller, and I was eager to get my toddler on the board to try it out. When she stands on the board, she is face to face with the stroller handle. She immediately bumped her mouth as soon as I hit a small bump and she tipped forward. It will take some coaxing to get her back on. When stowing the stroller, you have to remove the wheels before folding and even then, it does not fold back up flat. I will be removing the glider board altogether before folding the stroller. I really want to love this, but so far it has not met my expectations. I think it's a great idea, but still needs more work on those design flaws.

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT IDEA, BUT IT COMES AT A PRICE...., July 31, 2014
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
So being City Mini enthusiasts, with a pre-K age child, and a toddler, we thought this would be a great idea for pour 4 year-old to be more comfortable getting around New York City. We read the reviews, and even saw a YouTube video or two, and it seemed like just what we wanted.

Do we use it. YES. Does our older kid like it. YES. Would I buy it again... hhhhmmmm, I don't know.

The unit is definitely sturdy. Our older child is 4 years-old and weighs just over 40lbs. This board holds him without making an effort. However, the reality is that while standing on the board, our son's face is pretty much up against the handle. Watch out for bumps in the road, they can become bumps on the head.

The biggest issue is that the glider board changes the driving dynamics of the stroller DRAMATICALLY. First off, this board is HEAVY. I think its the price you pay for a sturdy thing your kid will stand on, but still. And then add the weight of the actual child, and the entire contraption can actually tip. Also, because the wheels are 360˚ rotating roller-blade style wheels, they tend to easily veer one way or another, especially with a kid riding on it. Lastly, because the board is directly under the handles, not only do you have to hold the stroller from farther back (to accommodate a child now between you and the strolled), but the placement of the board means that your normal stride will end up you kicking or walking onto the board.

But do we still use it? YES.

Oh, and another thing. This unit folds up against the frame when not in use (and secures with an included attached bungee clip). IF you read the product information, it says that the stroller folds with the board in a folded position. Yes it does. BUT you have to pull off the wheels for it to fold flat. So after walking around for half a day, over questionably clean sidewalks and streets, while handling the things you bought, or your little one, you have to reach down, and push a release button, and pull each wheel. Try doing that while loading up the car in a parking lot with that little one passed out or screaming. Not fun. Oh, and I don't expect it'll be fun in slushy or muddy winter weather.

But do we still use it? YES. And I think mainly it's because we're not going to buy a double stroller, or an extra stroller to have to put somewhere.

And it is completely removable too. My wife just left on a trip with the kids, and she removed it before going to the airport.

So, yeah. It's OK. If you have a compatible Baby Jogger stroller, and you don't want to give it up, this is an option. But it has some pretty big limitation.

And YES, we will still use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... hesitant on buying this because of some of the bad reviews. I'm not sure if it's been redesigned ..., September 28, 2014
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)

-Yes, my child (3 year old boy) has to lean his head a bit, but it's not a big deal at all.

- It has two clips to attach to the stroller bar when you want to fold it up and not use it.

- I can very easily fold the stroller up while it's attached and put in my vehicle without it getting in the way or taking up any more room.

If you have a toddler and infant I definitley recommend this glider!!

One more thing; ALL the gliders I've researched had the same complaints.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love most babyjogger products, but not this one., July 10, 2011
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
We have a city mini single, a city mini double and a switchback. We live in a city and walk with one of our strollers at least a mile a day. I love babyjogger products, but this glider board is terrible. My daughter who is almost three stands awkwardly on it to avoid banging her face against the handles, though she does love riding on it. I have to walk bow-legged to avoid stubbing my toes on the board, while uncomfortably wrapping my arms around my daughter to push it. I am 5'10" and have fairly long arms so I imagine it would be worse for shorter people.

I think it is fine that having the board attached makes it hard to fold the stroller flat because the board can so easily pop on and off- that part of the design is great. It's just not designed to be comfortable when you walk behind it. The design would have been much better if 1) the wheels were set almost as far apart as the stroller wheels to allow the parents' feet to go under the board and 2) if the board were elevated higher off the ground.

The glider is currently in our garage on a shelf. My husband and I both find is unbelievably annoying to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for City SELECT, single seat, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
I've had a City Select stroller for a while now, and pushing two kids around in it (in double configuration) was wearing me out. I waited until my older child turned 3 (he's lightweight) to buy the glider. When I use it, I take the 2nd seat off, and move the other seat to the "middle" location (i.e., the single configuration). When my older child stands on the board, his head is INSIDE the handlebar, and he's holding on to the back of the seat. He is perfectly comfortable like this, and has yet to bonk his head (the sidewalks in my neighborhood are very wonky, so we've hit plenty of bumps). There is a lot of space between the back of the single seat, and the handlebar. The ride seems plenty smooth and he loves it.

I am 5'-3", with a short stride, so I have no problems walking behind the glider. My 6'-0" husband finds it awkward, though, so he extends the handlebar to its longest setting - he doesn't love it but he's not the one pushing the stroller daily!

The glider is well made, wheels are very smooth, it installs in half a second, and folds up/down as many times as you need on an outing.

It seems a lot of the negative reviews are for other strollers - Baby Jogger claims this board works for all the City and Summit strollers, but that might be a stretch - but it works great for the City Select.

5.0 out of 5 stars There were no reviews for Glider with the City Summit Model, June 21, 2014
stevienov (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board (Misc.)
I had to add a review because I was looking for a review regarding the use of the glider with the City Summit Model before I purchased it. It works great. My daughter is almost 4 years old and she still stands on the glider very comfortably while I push the 1.5 year old in the stroller. Great glider. Had I known it was going to work so great i would have not purchased an separated double stroller. My city summit with the glider would have been enough for all kinds of outings. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey? A little. But you already bought an expensive stroller and this makes it more functional/gives you more options. So..., September 19, 2014
...is it worth it? Yeah.

Sturdy. Easy enough to use but will give grandma fits bc it's too adjustable. Most parents will like it bc the adjustability makes it more adaptable. If you own the city select and are comfortable changing the configurations, etc then this is no problem. Works really well with that stroller too. And yes you can fold the stroller up with the platform attached.

3.0 out of 5 stars it comes in handy!!!, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
i love it because my son doesnt like to walk long distance and i walk alot. The only problem is its alittle heavy which means it makes the stroller heavy when having to lift it. Also i hate the fact it doesnt stay up that you have to strap it up to keep it u. But other then those two problems its good.!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and safe addition, but can be awkward to use., August 12, 2014
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
After the birth of twins, the Baby Jogger City Select configured as a double stroller, is an outstanding stroller to purchase, and with a 2 1/2 year old toddler as well, we figured this Glider Board accessory would be perfect for our toddler to ride along when she got tired. In theory it was a great idea; and occasionally we were able to use it as such. But in practice it was mostly unnecessary, and on second thought we wouldn't have bought it. However, it may work better for some people in a single stroller configuration.

Pros: steady, stable platform for riding, attaches easily but securely, and barely affects the steering of the stroller, and tracks well. Platform extends to two positions, nearer and further from the rear axle.

Cons: Our toddler is fairly tall, and with the double stroller configuration there was not a comfortable position for her to stand without interfering with the stroller handle. In the near position she was 'inside' the handle, which depending on the recline angle of the seats or whether you used the bassinets, there was no space. In the far position she was leaning behind the handle, and it was very awkward to near impossible to walk behind. Frequently on hitting bumps, etc, the glider board wheels would start to 'skitter' and vibrate, and you had to stop and restart to get them to roll smoothly again.

I'm 6' 0" tall, and my wife is shorter, but even with a long reach and long legs, it was hard to walk behind the glider board without either kicking it occasionally, or leaning over in an uncomfortable position. HOWEVER, one thing that goes back in its favor, is the incredible ease of steering the Baby Jogger City Select. We live in a fairly hilly area and walk often with the stroller, and even with two infants in the stroller and toddler on the glider board, we found it fairly manageable to push the stroller with one hand, and walk slightly to the side and behind the stroller. This kept our feet away from the glider board, gave our toddler the chance to stand more comfortably behind the handle, and the City Select responds surprisingly well. Evaluate your circumstances (and also the temperament of your child and their willingness to ride along) before purchasing this accessory. The Baby Jogger strollers are excellent engineering, but getting this add-on to be functional and not interfere with regular walking and pushing is a challenge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but is a pain to push with., April 9, 2013
This review is from: Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black (Baby Product)
I have the Baby Jogger City Select 2012 in Quartz.

I currently have an almost 3 year old as well as a 6 month old. Sometimes i put the little one with the chicco car seat adapter (which i HATE) or sometimes he goes in the seat and the older one uses the glider board. (i havent purchased the second seat yet, but i have the seat extenders i purchased separately so i can use the carseat and the regular seat at once)

Anyways, when i use the glider board, i put the seat outward facing and put it on the lowest seat spot.... thats the only way my son can stand on the glider board and fit some-what comfortably. I keep it un-extended and i extend out the handle bar as far as it can go and he stands on it and the bar goes behind his head. BUT he constantly wacks the back of his head on the bar button to extend it. I have to keep my hand there while strolling, and its a pain. It is just WAY TOO awkward to walk with the glider board extended... unless you have stretch armstrong or gumby arms.

But i will say that storing it is awesome... it has 2 clips that you wrap around the bar effortlessly and clip right to it... it takes like 3 seconds to secure it up there, literally. and then its out of the way and you can go about your business. No need to ever remove it and reattach it to the stroller. BUT it does take access to the storage compartment away from the rear.

Its a great idea, but the handle or something needs to extend out more so you can use this thing more functionally.

Baby Jogger Glider Board, Black