4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME double stroller!
Published 21 months ago by jkwendzel

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKE!!!
Published 17 months ago by Mother Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME double stroller!, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Baby Jogger 2012 City Mini Double Stroller, Black/Gray (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
I searched and searched and searched and researched to find the perfect double stroller for when our second son arrived in March of 2012. Our boys are a day under 20 months apart. I found out that there is no perfect stroller, but the CitiMini Double is pretty close to perfection for our family! I knew we wanted a side by side double because I feel the front to backs are like pushing a bus (much like the bench seat shopping cart at the grocery store...awesome idea, way bad for the person pushing). After researching TONS of options, trying out a bunch at the stores, looking on craigslist I found the CityMini Double. When I first saw the price...YIKES...but we were fortunate enough to have my parents split the cost with my husband and I which was a huge blessing. However, I think we would have made do for a while, saved up the money, and bought this on our own....it's that good.

Here are many of the features that I love about this stroller:

* It folds up almost completely flat! Especially when you take the front wheels off, which is super easy I might add. We have this stroller fit in the back of our Mazda Tribute, it can also sit upright against the side of the trunk and we can still fit lots in for our family of 4. (The dog didn't come with us as much though after having 2 kids) :(
* Folding and Unfolding the stroller is super easy, all you have to do is lift up on the straps in the middle of the seats and it fold up. It's fairly lightweight and I can easily lift it into the trunk of the car.
* My oldest (who is now 2.5) can get in and out by himself which is awesome because he doesn't always want to be pushed in the stroller
* I LOVE that BOTH seats recline almost completely! This was great when our second was a newborn, we had him in this stroller completely reclined with a snuzzler put in on his side when he was 2 months old. We strapped him in tight and could take him around the block as he slept comfortable. LOVE this feature! Putting the seats up and down is super easy too
* I love that the sun shades go one step further than most to block out the sun when it's setting/rising. My kids like this feature too. It helps if they are napping as well or if it's really windy out!
* The harness straps make me feel like my kids are safe, they are super easy to adjust and to put on and take off. I no longer have my 2.5 year old strapped in when we use it because he likes to climb in and out, but he can sit comfortably without having them on.
* I LOVE that this is no wider than a wheelchair which means you can fit through just about ANY door! Many people are surprised to see me fit through doors with this stroller as I don't think many side by sides do. Some clothing stores in the mall make it a challenge to fit through (ironically children clothing store....you think they would have planned on double strollers), but whatever.

Things that are a bit annoying: (not a con, just some things you get when buying this amazing stroller)
* There isn't a lot of storage for your diaper bag. The basket underneath (although large) is hard to access. You can throw a few shopping bags from the mall in there, or loosely throw diaper bag items in there, but that makes a bit of a mess. We usually wear the diaper bag and push the stroller. There are two mesh pockets behind each seat that can hold a water bottle and snack easily which is helpful to quick grab and give the kids if necessary.
* This isn't the best stroller to take on a bumpy road. I wish they had more of a "tire" feel to it, but oh well. It works for us to take the kids around the block (which is very bumpy, my toddler doesn't care for the bumps too much, but it is what it is, can't have a perfectly paved road). If you had this on a nice paved jogging path, it would be fine to push and walk/run/rollerblade behind.
*There is no storage along the top bar for a water bottle, keys, paci, etc. This was a major challenge for me at first and I ended up putting a lot of it on top of the boys seats (just lifted the sun shade back, put my stuff there, and set it back to hold it). however, after much searching on amazon I found this DIONO BUGGY BUDDY ORGANIZER that fits the city mini double. It works on one side of the stroller, holds 2 water bottles, keys, phone, paci and is the solution to much of my frustration! CityMini would say that you are not to hang bags or anything off this handlebar because of weight restrictions and the possiblity of the stroller tipping over, but this little organizer would never get heavy enough for the items in it to make it tip over. Here is a link to that item http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Buggy-Buddy-Stroller-Organizer/dp/B005PK1G76/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362767149&sr=8-1&keywords=diono+stroller+organizer

The seats do sit fairly close to one another, but the kids have to sit back a bit that they can't bug each other (ie hit one another) :) If you had a larger child, I'm not sure this would be very comfortable for them to sit in.

On a side note: Don't hang your diaper bag off the back of the stroller if it's heavy or if you have super tiny kids in the stroller. When the kids get out, if the diaper bag is heavy enough, it WILL pull the stroller backwards to tip over. There are warnings all over the manual and the stroller that tell you not to do this and DUH, there is a reason. Because this stroller is so lightweight and compact, it will happen. FYI

Again, there really aren't many negatives for us about this stroller (just more annoying), but we have learned to live with it and/or found a solution and we LOVE LOVE LOVE this stroller for our two boys. We plan on expanding our family and knwo we will continue to use this stroller.

Sorry for the long review - I just wanted someone to hear how this stroller has been great for our family or hopefully help you out if you are doing crazy research like I did in finding the best double stroller for you! Thanks for reading and sorry for any typos :)

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKE!!!, July 5, 2013
I really liked this stroller while it lasted. We used it every day, on rough sidewalks, often loaded up both with shopping and/or library books in the bottom, plus two girls 14 months apart. I got it when the younger was maybe just turning one, and the older just over two. It was great in terms of size, and we loved the big shade and rain covers. Easy to maneuver, and they always seemed comfortable in it. Surprisingly easy to fit in doorways. BUT, a couple of months ago -- just 18 months into owning it -- the main metal bar of the stroller just snapped in two, while my partner was tipping it to get it up the curb of the sidewalk. It was completely useless, unfixable. Fortunately the kids were not hurt, but they easily could have been. Really dangerous! And this was normal city use... you can't avoid curbs!

UPDATE: I contacted the manufacturer, and they responded, after a week, saying that the frame does sometimes break if you use it on stairs or curbs, and this is not covered in the warranty, because you aren't supposed to use it on curbs. It's obviously a problem with this model that they have already heard about. I checked through the warranty, and in fact it mentions stairs, but NOT curbs. I don't see how you can avoid curbs in the city. A stroller that is likely to break irreparably if you push it up or down a curb is not a very useful or sturdy product. Very disappointed in babyjogger. For this price, you really should make a sturdier product.

BUT, I ALSO WANT TO SAY KUDOS TO AMAZON: I explained the issue to them and they actually REFUNDED me. THAT WAS AMAZING SERVICE. SO, one star for babyjogger, but five stars for Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has held up remarkably well, May 29, 2013
MKMom (Lake City, FL) - See all my reviews
We've had our City Mini Double for 6 years (so clearly not the 2012 model) but I have to say it has been a workhorse and held up great, especially as it has been our ONLY stroller for 6 years. Now that the kids are 6 and 7 we only really use it for long day trips to theme parks several times a year but it is still going strong. It has begun to tear at the seams on the inside of the seats but considering our son is 52# and our daughter is 43# and we are pushing our weight limit, it's understandable. Our kids also tend to LEAP into the seats with extra force, compounding the problem. The negatives for me were the stroller did not come with a parent or kid tray and I did not want to pay for more accessories. We made do with tucking water bottles up under the folded canopies and putting most of our stuff in a diaper bag, but in hindsight I wish I'd invested in one of the other parent trays most other reviewers mention. The lack of a kid tray never became an issue for us. The basket underneath can be a bit difficult to access with bigger bags but once you get them in there, it will hold quite a bit. We love the recline and the fact that the seats are deep enough to give the kids some privacy from each other, especially when putting down the oversized canopies. And it's been easy to collapse and store, even with not having an automatic lock on our model. While we now have a large cargo area in our Subaru Outback, we originally fit it behind the third row in our Honda minivan. Ultimately, the handling and smoothness of the ride sold us. Even with two larger kids in it I can handle it with one-hand if needed. It has been so easy to maneuver and there is rarely a door that we can't fit through. Now that we're expecting a new baby in the fall and the kids are outgrowing the double, I'm absolutely going back to Baby Jogger for our single stroller needs!

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy FIX for the locking wheel issue, June 11, 2014
What I am really posting this for is to help out anyone struggling with the front wheels spontaneously locking. This is a common problem and replacement front wheels are expensive and backordered. Of course this issue cropped up on our first day in Disneyland, so I had limited tools available to fix it. But, I was able to come up with a work around with 2 standard paperclips. What you want do is forcibly lift up on (without breaking) the gray tab which you normally use to lock each front wheel. Lift it up enough that you can slide one or two standard paperclips over the black tab coming out of the wheel shaft. This gives enough resistance so that it doesn't spontaneously slide down into the locking position. If your kid steps hard enough on the gray tab getting in and out, they can relock it but you can do the same thing over again. Two months later I am still using the same paperclips I used in Disneyland.

We still like this stroller, but I would advise buying it somewhere that will accept returns as Baby Jogger is outrageously poor at standing by their products, as you can see from other reviews where they basically tell people the warranty terms are more important than customer satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quit looking and buy it, June 4, 2014
If you need a double stroller this is the one for you. It's light. It is stupidly easy to fold it up: pull the handles and its down, that's it. 3 seconds. It handles great, fits through doors, comfortable for the kids...all in all it's amazing. If you think you need some better off road go for the City Mini GT. same stroller but with bigger tires. I have other parents ask me about it all the time becasue of how impressed they are with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller for two!, July 25, 2013
We love this stroller. It's easy to maneuver even with two kids inside - my 4 year old still fits even though she's tall, and my 7 month old enjoys riding in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this Purchase, July 28, 2014
I was very happy with this stroller. Very important **it fits in the trunk of a regular car, like a corolla**. It's extremely easy to fold, it takes 3 seconds. It's very comfortable and fits my very tall 2 year old and my 3 month old. It's easy to push and glides nicely across grass. My
Only complaint is the underneath storage is hard to reach.. It's a narrow opening so you can't easily stuff a giant diaper bag (as I always tend to carry) under there.
Other than that it's perfect and makes me sooo happy I went for the side by side double stroller and not front/back. It fits through even narrow doorways and doesn't feel like a double stroller when pushing it around. It feels like a slightly wide single stroller even though there's so much space for each child. And it fits up to 5 years old on each side.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST STROLLER EVER!!!, September 3, 2014
This is my second city mini (I also have a city mini single stroller) and love them both! This stroller is the best! Lightweight and very easy to fold. I have a toddler and a newborn and both fit comfortably. I do not like the car seat adaptor at all because it positioned the baby very far from me and was somewhat awkward in the stroller. I also did not like the fact that I needed to purchase a separate double stroller adaptor and could not use my single stroller adaptor. Instead I purchased a snuzzler for my newborn to fit into the seat and it works perfectly!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars it works great, February 6, 2014
it pushes great. its light. is folds better then the single if you take off the wheels. it was worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Um...AMAZING., April 4, 2014
I have four kids under six...I have had a LOT of double strollers. This one is so amazing. I wish I had never wasted time or money on anything else. Pushes like a dream, fits easily in mini van with tons of room to spare, easy to get kids in and out of.