Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 77 questions
votes
Yes! There are many different "holds" you can place your child in. There is one way specifically for a newborn. That hold is the only acceptable way to place your newborn. As you will read in the instructional booklet, other holds should be for after they are 2 months of age because of the positioning of their hips in that position. It is important not to place a newborns hips apart without support under the thigh because this can lead to hip dysplasia since newborns hips are free floating in the socket until they are older. I really enjoy this wrap! It is worth giving it a shot and if you find something you don't like it is very easy to return an Amazon purchase! Hope this helps and congrats on your new addition!
Sep 16, 2013 by Lhall26
votes
I have a breeze and like it overall. PRO: It is breathable in front part (where you put baby). The back part is cotton, so it's still fairly warm on the mom's back. I got white so it would be lighter (vs. the black). CON: It looks like a middle-school athletic jersey material. It's appropriate for the beach, for walking around the block, etc. but when I have a nice outfit on (like a dress or something), I don't feel like it looks good. I'm going to be ordering a cotton one as well, just so I have another option. Another concern I have is that the mesh-like material is not at all as stretchy as the cotton, so it fits a lot snugger. My baby fit comfortably at first (born 8 lbs) but now (at 11 lbs) she definitely does not want her head inside of the carrier because she feels squished. Since she doesn't have head control yet, I end up holding her head. Still great, but I might should have tried a size SMALL instead of XS in the breeze. Also, they now make a K-tan Active that's still breathable (more than the cotton) but isn't as middle-school jersey looking. Only snag there is that it comes in blue or coral only.... not very versatile. Hope this helps.
Sep 30, 2014 by Stephanie
votes
No. It is dangerous. The manufacturers of this product include many warnings about suffication when used improperly. Take a shower when baby is sleeping or playing in her crib. Always hold your baby in the water and always use an infant life vest when near or in the pool, boat, lake, ocean, etc. It is never safe to wear your baby in the water.
Feb 25, 2014 by Terylee Banwart
votes
No problem. But order on www.babyktan.com. that would be best. We can ship tomorrow and have it in orlando by monday as we ship from florida. Where are you from? Please use a paypal account thanks.
Oct 24, 2013 by DAKOTABABY
vote
The website shows a size chart. Mine would be an xs but I use a s one. I'm 5"2' and 100 lbs.
Jan 29, 2014 by K. Faria
vote
what size do I get? Jul 23, 2013
See here for sizing info on the ktan website: http://www.babyktan.com/sizing.html I wear size 14/16 and got the size large. For me it drooped/sagged quite a bit with my newborn in the kangaroo carry. Now I carry her with her legs out facing me and it's much more comfortable. When I notice the carrier getting saggy I simply throw it in the wash in a hot cycle and put it in the dryer afterward to shrink it up. This makes it quite snug again and good as new. I never tried this at the beginning so who knows, it may have helped me when I noticed the sagging in the early days. If you're on the edge of two sizes, I would get the smaller one. You can always stretch it out...it's important for it to be snug for your comfort and baby's.
Jul 23, 2013 by L. Swain
vote
I am just like you. I got the Large, and it fits -- it's actually a little big.
Oct 8, 2014 by Brigid Kemmerer
vote
I have a k-tan breeze and would not breastfeed in it. The baby is in the right position for it, but I don't feel as though there's enough fabric to cover. Would use a secondary cover, in my opinion. The cotton version would probably be a little better for nursing than the breeze version I have though. Hope this helps.
Sep 30, 2014 by Stephanie
vote
sizing Sep 27, 2013
Post pregnancy I am a size 16-18 in pants and an XL in shirts. Because of nursing, my previous shirts are too tight around my bust line. I bought a size LARGE in the katan and it is perfect for me. The more you wear it, the cotton stretches out a bit. All I do is wash it and dry on delicate and it shrinks back up to normal size. The website says that when you put it around your neck, the lowest part of the sling should sit just above your belly button, and that is where it hits me.
Sep 28, 2013 by Texas508
vote
You would buy your normal size - K'tans are very stretchy! Actually, I would size down, as K'Tans run very large. I was bordering between a medium and large, and I need a small to get baby high and tight like their supposed to be. You could probably find a good video on YouTube that shows how to use it with twins. I think the instructions show how to use it with twins too. You won't be able to carry twins for more than a couple months probably. Stretchy also means saggy with heavier babies or multiples. Once they are around 15lb, they will probably be too big.
Sep 15, 2012 by Katie
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers