Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Baby Planet Unity Sport Stroller Terra Cotta (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2007
I searched and searched for the perfect umbrella style double stroller for my girls, now 2 and 11 months. I really thought I had found it in this stroller and was so excited to get it and try it out.

I liked the idea of the "room to walk" wheel, as my husband in particular always has issues with his feet hitting the wheels on strollers. And I liked the idea of the center handlebar. But, all in all, this stroller just didn't work for us. First of all, it does not fold down as compactly as I had hoped. Because we drive a sedan (a 2004 Passat), I needed something that would fit in the trunk but not take up the entire thing. This did fit in the trunk, but with very little room for anything else. I also thought that in comparison to others I have seen, this stroller is pretty heavy. That isn't a huge issue for me, as the majority of the time you are pushing a stroller, not carrying it. Also, the steering I found to be awkward. It was well balanced with the weight difference (my 2 year old is 31 pounds and my 11 mth old is 21 lbs), but I felt that a wider handlebar would have eased steering immensely. The biggest factor for me though was that this stroller has fairly narrow seats and my 2 year old hated being in it. (and she is a child who loves to stroll)

It does have some very nice features too, but ultimately we ended up returning it and going with the Chicco Twin C5-which we love.

Pros:
-cupholders, which are a rare find
-the canopies are very full and nice
-looks wise, it is a very attractive stroller
-it is very sturdy and seems like it would withstand a lot of use
-the room to walk wheel does make the stride a lot nicer, for both me (at 5'5") and my husband (at 6'3")
-weight limits of 55lbs per seat-this was a big selling point for me, as my kids are both tall and heavy for their ages

Cons:
-it does not fold very compactly
-steering can be difficult because of the narrow handle bar
-narrow seats
-a personal con for us, that our daughter hated it
-the baskets have a cross bar on top of the actual basket-it was designed this way, but I think it makes the baskets much more difficult to use (and they are not user friendly as it is)

All in all, it is a great concept that could use just a little tweaking. I loved some of the things about this stroller, but it just did not end up working for us. And while the Chicco Twin C5 is not nearly as sturdy as this one, it has worked out perfectly for us-it is tall enough for my husband, fits well in the trunk of our car, the kids love it and it handles beautifully. For someone who is looking for something nice on a bit of a friendlier budget, that is a fantastic stroller option.
on November 24, 2007
After reading many reviews and visiting BRU numerous times, I decided on this stroller. I've had it now for a few months. My twins are 4.5 months old.

Pros:
1. Turns on a dime -- and you can lock the front wheels if you're on rough terrain.
2. cupholders for mom and dad.
3. folds down pretty easily.
4. not overly heavy.
5. both seats lay back almost flat.

Cons:
1. Bins below are hard to access, but you can still shove quite a bit in.
2. No trays for the kids.

I LOVE THIS STROLLER!!!
on December 6, 2007
This stroller is great because it has the one-hand steering so I can push my twins and hold my toddlers hand. I haven't seen this in another mid-price stroller. I think it only compares to the Twin Techno McClaren (it has similar price and construction- folds the same way, etc.) and outpaces it in several ways;

- I think it looks much better
- It is much more sturdy-feeling which gives it a more quality appearance than the McClaren
- Has cup holders
- The seats are much more padded and adjust to any postion not just five
- The belts are much easier to use- not as flimsy and twisted up- and have more practical padding.

However, this could use the shock absorbant wheels and the UV protection on the canopies to completely outpace the McClaren. It is also is a little heavy and cumbersome to fold, but I attribute this to what appears to be sturdier, better materials used to make it. The McClaren beside it just looks flimsy. It could use a snack tray too and baskets that accomodate larger diaper bags.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this stroller to any parent, particularly one with more than two children, multiples or someone who walks a pet.
on September 23, 2008
I bought this Baby Planet Unity Sport for my twins that are 5 months old. I have a BOB Duallie Revolution and LOVE it! But, it is too big for malls, etc.. so I needed an umbrella type stroller. We chose this one after much researching due to the small wheel in the middle back to make it easier to walk and the handle, and we liked the way it looked -- it looked a bit more "sturdy" than the Maclaren. I am happy with it over all, my babies love to be in it and seem very comfy. It is not as easy to steer as my BOB jogger, but is ok - it is a bit large for going in between racks, the wheels would get caught in small stores --- BUT, when you have twins, you don't have a choice--it is way easier to maneuver than a front/back stroller. Overall, I'm happy with this purchase - love the ease of folding and unfolding.
on December 24, 2008
As mentioned before, the seat belt cover falls off easily and it's difficult to open up until you use it a while. The fact that it's mostly recyclable is a real plus in our throwaway society. The pros outweigh the cons, the wheels are durable, unlike our old stroller. Don't have enough time to write a full review, let's just say I'd buy it again.
on March 5, 2008
I was so excited when we ordered this stroller for our 6 month & 2 1/2 yr old boys) Loved the design and color.. We read the reviews and had decided there was more positive reviews and made our purchase. We had high hopes.. but sadly this stroller is not what we had hoped for.. Out of the box.. after my husband built it, we noticed that the logo on the seat was stiched upside down.. (NOT WORTH RE-PACKAGING AND SHIPPING BACK) It is really hard to open & close (Has not loosened up much with time) It is also heavier then the other double strollers we looked at. I find myself avoiding errands and/or stops, unless my husband is with me to deal with the stroller. Defeats the reason for having a double stroller.. We removed the center strap covers the first day.. The canopies do pop off with almost every use. Once you get it opened and all the peices reattached it moves fine.. But not worth the price paid..
on December 7, 2007
Before I bought this stroller for my 19 month-old and 5 month-old daughters, I searched for weeks for the "RIGHT" stroller. I read many reviews and tested a dozen of strollers. I was so happy to see how compact the box this stroller came in. I liked it a lot at first. It's relatively light, sturdy, easy to maneuver, fits through standard size doors, has great design, with seats that are easy to adjust and can recline to an almost-flat position, and best of all my daughters can sit next to each other and I get not 1 but 2 cup holders. The folding mechanism is relatively easy; it takes a lot of force in the beginning to bend but it gets easier with time. It has a split basket that has metal bars across the bottom, so you really can't fit much underneath. The first day I had it one of the cup holders broke as I was trying to squeeze through a narrow corridor. I was glad to receive a free replacement from the manufacturer and a nice apology. Soon after, both cup holders broke while the stroller was stowed in the trunk of my car. I guess the body of the stroller pressed against the cup holders that are very weak and wrongly positioned. I guess you can't have everything. Baby Planet charges for additional cup holders and shipping too. The red frame only exists in pictures on-line, the red stroller has silver frame.
on August 29, 2007
I just received this stroller in the mail and am very happy with it. I am expecting my second son any day, and have an 18 month old son. I've already taken him for a couple walks in it, so he gets used to it and he really likes it. It's so easy to steer and turn, much easier than any other strollers that I tried out in Babies R Us. It is a little hard to fold up, but I've read other reviews that say after a few times of folding it, it gets "worn in" I highly recommend this stroller.