5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product

1.0 out of 5 stars They may not slip but they may ruin the finish on your chair
Published on July 10, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, March 25, 2002
dmom "kohanatei" (NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Smart Cooshie Booster & Travel Bag - Green (Baby Product)
My daughter received this booster seat for her 3rd birthday and I think it's wonderful. Every other booster seat I've seen has to be strapped to the chair, which allows crumbs and other food pieces to accumulate under it, and has to be unbuckled every time you need to clean under it. The Cooshie is made of a non-skid material and stays put on the chair. Since it doesn't have straps, it becomes very easy to free up the chair for visitors, when necessary, without worrying that there's a pile of crumbs (or worse) underneath. It's also easy to take this booster to restaurants or other places (it comes with a clear plastic travel bag). Other boosters tend to be made of hard plastic and can scratch the chair it's attached to. We have oak chairs, so this was a problem for us. The Cooshie's soft foam material does not scratch or leave other marks. At 3 years old, my daughter was at the point where she was too big for the high chair. She enjoys sitting at the table, but she's just not big enough to reach without kneeling (and she's not yet graceful enough to sit on a chair without taking a tumble every now and then). The Cooshie raises her high enough without constraining her yet keeps her in a stable sitting position so she doesn't fall or slip off the chair. It seems to be very durable too. My 14-month old has 8 front teeth & is currently teething. He tried to take a bite out of the Cooshie and didn't even leave a mark! The only drawback I can see is that my daughter needs to be helped into and out of her seat. When she was just kneeling on a chair, she was able to climb onto the chair by herself. A little bit of a damper on her autonomy, but I think the safety and comfort of this booster make it well worth it. I would continue to use a high chair or a booster with straps for a child who is too young or wreckless to wait for assistance in getting in/out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this seat!, November 29, 2001
By A Customer
We bought this when our 2-year old moved from a high chair to a chair at the kitchen table. She had to kneel which shortened her interest in mealtime. She didn't like the hard plastic boosters so I bought this to try. It's great - comfortable and just high enough for her to sit and eat easily. Since there are no arms, it moves into the table easily too. The kitchen seat is fabric and it doesn't slide - it also stays put on wooden seats. She's three now and climbs up by herself. When we don't need it or we go out to eat we can move it without any straps or confusion. It wipes off nicely. We travel to my parents once a year so I bought a 2nd one to store there (rather carrying ANOTHER thing on a plane) and she was thrilled to see it waiting for her! It's durable enough to pass on to our 1 year old too!

5.0 out of 5 stars BACK FOR SECONDS, July 18, 2002
By A Customer
I bought the cooshie booster a month ago and we all love it. It gives enough lift for my petite 22 month old daughter to sit at the table like a big girl. The material makes it stick to our wooden chairs and never slides around. When dinner is over, I just wipe off the crumbs. There isn't any space under the seat for food to get trapped between the booster and the actual chair and you don't have to spend 5 minutes unhooking and rehooking straps just to clean it. I'm back to buy a second cooshie booster seat for grandma's house.

1.0 out of 5 stars They may not slip but they may ruin the finish on your chair, July 10, 2001
By A Customer
We bought two cooshie seats and thought these chairs would be great.In most respects they are. The problem we had after ony three days of use, is that the seats actually left permanent marks on the finish of two pretty expensive chairs. The paint was marred by every dimple on the bottom of the cooshie seats. ... . My suggestion; if you have chairs with a painted finish that you are hoping to protect, do not buy these unless you plan to put something between the cooshie and your chair seat which would defeat the non slip feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, February 16, 2006
I bought this for my daughter a few years back and it has withstood lots of abuse from her, her brother and her friends. This is the seat everyone (under 6 yrs) wants to use. Easy to clean. Since she won't give it up, looks like I'll be buying a second for her brother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice!, August 16, 2005
Ale Ayala (Monterrey, NL MEX) - See all my reviews
1. Easy to use and move around and stays perfectly in place with no belts needed.

2. Easy to clean.

3. Very light weight and durable material.

4. Easy to pack with traveling bag included.

5. Less expensive than many others seen.

It does not have any seat belts to hold the child in place but in my case, this was not a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 29, 2002
I bought this seat after reading all of the good reviews here and I'm glad I did. Originally we had one of the plastic seats with all the straps. It was fine when we first moved our daughter from the highchair to the table. I felt better about having the straps to keep her in. Now that's she's 2 years old and used to sitting at the table we didn't need all that extra stuff. That's where this one is perfect. It just raises her up so it's easier for her to eat. I also like the fact that you can pick it up and move it. It's easy to clean. I just shake any crumbs into the trash and then wipe it down with a sponge. It doesn't have any crevices for food to get stuck in (we had to take the plastic one apart to get it really clean). It also works well on our padded seats. The plastic one used to tilt forward and we had to put phone books under the seat to keep it level because our daughter would start to slide down in it. Definately a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic find--cooshie booster, August 13, 2005
I bought this booster for my 2 year old son. My five year old son loves using it too. We recently bought a new kitchen set and my old seat didnt fit under the table with the chair pushed in. Also, the old seat was hard plastic and I didnt want it to scratch the new chairs and apron around the table. This seat is great! It is soft, doesnt slide or scratch, and fits with the chair pushed in. And yes its easy to clean too. Its made out of wrestling mat material. I have three sons 9,5 and 2 and have seen a lot of usless gadgets this is well worth every penny and I wish I would have bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Seat!, February 20, 2004
By A Customer
I love this seat! I bought our first one for my 2 year old (she is now 4 and still uses it!). It's lightweight, stays put in the chair with NO slipping, and is easy to clean up!
I am now buying our second for my 1 year old! He loves his sister's so much we figured it was time for his own. He not only enjoy's eating in it, "he" carries it into the family room and sits to watch his movies in it!
This is an all around great booster seat! I highly recommend it to everyone!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A soft, no-skid booster!!, June 30, 2002
By A Customer
This booster is amazing. We tried conventional hard plastic boosters that strap onto a chair and could never find one that fit our curved-back chairs properly. We gave up and had our son sitting on the yellow pages -- messy AND dangerous.
I [paid] for this booster from an expensive baby products catalog and thought the price was well worth it. But I wish I would have discovered it here first!