Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Baby Sophie la girafe: First Words
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on January 7, 2014
My niece loves all of the Sophie. This one has the thick hard pages the will hold up well. The terrific illustration and word choices make it fun to read. I like the tabs the she can open to reveal hidden pictures. Fun learning books with Sophie
on March 16, 2014
Excellent book however it came a little banged up for it being brand new. The only reason it didn't get five stars was because of the slight damage to it.
on March 12, 2014
Adorable book! I especially like the hard pages which little hands can not tear/damage. I plan to get more of the series.
on February 17, 2014
Another little Christmas present for my Great-grand baby that I hope she will enjoy for a few years to come
on August 8, 2014
I just love this book about Sophie the giraffe. It was so cute and well written and the artwork was very cute too. It captured my grandson's attention very well.
on June 4, 2014
I got this for my daughter for her First Birthday and she loves it! She is a big fan of Sophie Giraffe. She has the teether and loves it too!
on May 11, 2014
Got to go along with Sophie the Girafe for a new born baby shower. Big Hit and I would recommend this site to everyone.
on June 24, 2015
Pros:
-- Extremely sturdy pages, as other reviews have mentioned. They hold up to a beating (or chewing) great!
-- Questions about the items on the page engage the little one

Cons:
-- It's supposed to teach "first words," but the illustrations are so bad I can hardly identify some of the items ("toy brick"? Since when does that look like a red box with a flowery circle in the center? And the book is printed in full color, but the part that would be green at the top of the strawberry is also red (just like the rest of the fruit). It may seem nit-picky, but if you're learning to identify objects, shouldn't those objects look like the real thing? The "chair" in one of the tabs also seems dubious to me.)
-- Along those lines, the "tabs" that you can open on each page are so large they take up the whole page. So, it really feels more like just turning the page than opening a tab to reveal something.

Overall: This was gifted to us, but I would never buy it myself or give it as a gift.
on February 2, 2016
My toddler loves these books. I also read them to my baby. I like that the series uses the same graphics throughout all the books for consistency and recognition.
on May 12, 2015
We love all of the Sophie books! They are great for baby and very colorful. The pictures are cute and baby loves to look through this book over and over again.