5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome cruiser
Ok so let me start by saying I have last years model that came without the mp3 speakers. I also bought this item from Babies R Us but I wanted to actually give viewers a review on the product itself and not just complain about the price.
Published on September 27, 2010 by runnerdiva

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to use
Published on May 10, 2011 by Bobbie

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome cruiser, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller - Everglade (Baby Product)
I am currently training for a marathon. I also just had my baby 3 months ago. When she was 3 days old we took her to the local parade and this stroller was perfect. Our next outing was at 5 days old and we went for a mile walk. She did not shake around at all. It is very sturdy. We have taken it on many trips and it is very lightwieght so I have no problem loading it in my SUV.
I am currently taking this out for 5 miles at a time and my baby just loves it and sleeps the entire time. I love the swivel wheel for when we go shopping.
I did not need any bells and whistles in a stroller. I wanted something that was easy for me to load and comfortable for my baby and this stroller is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller, decent jogger, March 30, 2011
Stefany (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
If you walk everywhere like I do or jog occasionally, this stroller is perfect. However, if you're a hardcore runner or don't have lots of smooth surfaces around you, I wouldn't recommend it.

We've had this stroller for about a month and so far I really like it. We bought it because we live near a park with tons of trails (dirt and paved) for runners and walkers. I use it 4-5 x / week and I am so glad I bought it. I wish I would've gotten it sooner. Our daughter is 8 months.
I would say that there are mostly pros, but several cons that some might want to take into consideration before buying.

Pros
1. Comfortable for my daughter. She sleeps in it all the time. When she's in the carseat, the two covers work perfectly to block out sun and wind.
2. I can take it anywhere. Street, mall, stores, cafe, trails. The front wheel locks and unlocks making it easy to switch from jogging outside to walking around in a mall.
3. It takes me 2 seconds to fold it and put into my car trunk. And the carseat snaps in and out of both the stroller and the base in the car very quickly.
4. The storage basket underneath is huge! I love it. I'ved filled it with two bags of groceries, jackets, toys etc. and it held everything no problem.
5. Handle is comfortable and adjusts for different heights. I'm 5'2" and my husband is 5'11" and we can easily switch the height for either one of us.
6. We liked the fact that it's a jogger with the all-terrain wheels, but that it also had the carseat attachment, so that our baby could see us and vice versa.

Cons
1. If you're outside and the front wheel is unlocked, and you walk too fast, the whole stroller shakes. It's scary. (It's perfect for when you're inside a store) So, I keep the front wheel locked most of the time when I'm outside.

2. It's heavy (with the carseat attachment). Because I keep the front wheel locked most of the time, when I want to turn a corner or get on or off sidewalks, I have to tilt the whole stroller back to lift the front wheel up and it takes some effort. Granted, I'm short, so maybe I don't have the leverage for it, but even my husband felt like it was heavier than it should be. This will probably be easier once we take the carseat attachment off and my daughter rides facing forward.

3. The cupholders are too small for my standard metal water bottle. We just removed ours entirely and replaced it with a different holder, the Sunshine Kids buggy Sunshine Kids Stroller Accessory Buggy Buddy which works perfectly. The only problem now is that I can't use the MP3 player since it was attached to the cupholders.

Overall I would recommend this stroller! Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, functional, but a little bulky, October 14, 2011
We have had ours now for a little over a year and really like it.

On the up side. . .
-Very smooth ride
-Easy to use in the stores with the swivel wheel or while jogging with the swivel wheel LOCKED IN PLACE. . . And it will stay locked as long as you flip the locking mechanism and then CHECK IT to make sure it did lock. Some folks were saying theirs wouldn't stay locked this is only if you do not CHECK that it is ACTUALLY LOCKED to begin with. NEVER have we EVER had an issue with the stroller front wheel unlocking and the storller dumping our kiddo.
-Replacing the wheels if popped, only had to replace one in a years time-front tire, is really easy. We ordered it off of Amazon and did it ourself. . . just like replacing a bicycle tire. Recommend a tire lever for removing the tire, makes the process much easier.
-Very easy to remove any and all of the wheels but especially the rear wheels are super easy to get on and off and lock into place. You push the silver metal piece in to release the wheel, pull the wheel off and then let go, that's it. You do it in reverse to put the wheel on.
-Great height adjust for my husband who is 6ft 1in tall. And he never kicks the undercarrage of the storller when walking or running with the little one, a big problem for him with some other strollers.
-Car seat LOCKS into place easily and is firmly in place.
-Some people rave about the handle, I am neutral. My husband used the handle more than I did. I mainly held the carseat on my forearm like a purse, just easier for me to carry my rapidly growing baby . . . at the time:)
-The car seat also works great with those universal carseat frames you see on the market now. We found one for $6 at a thrif store and used that with the car seat a ton. My husband out of town on business right after our son was born so I had to get the stoller in and out of our car myself, that is fine but the frame was just so much lighter and easier after I had had a c-section and couldn't lift much more than our baby and his car seat.
-Car seat base is really easy to install. . . Lots of my friends had babies around the same time as we were expecting our son so we were able to check out lots of car seats and bases and day to day usage. This one literally snaps into the LATCH system, in most cars now. There isn't anything else but to tighten the base strap, really easy.
-Very easy to fold and unfold.
-Great harness straps for 5 point protection.

On the down side. . .
-Our son grew out of the carseat at 3 mo. in LENGTH! It is only for babies up to 30 lbs and 30 inches long. My son's head and feet were hanging over very quickly and we purchased one of those Safety First Alpha Omega Elite Convertible carseats. Our son loved it. Up until we switched carseats he would scream every time we put him in the carseat, not sure if it was the carseat or just at 3 months the colic was gone and he was just a more well adjusted child. But he loves the alpha omega if you need a convertible carseat and it's super afordable! Anyway, . . .
-The height adjust on teh stroller doesn't really accomodate for a really much shorter person. . . .For a frame of reference, I am 5 ft. 2 in. and the stroller handle in its lowest locked position, only 2 positions, is just below my breasts so my arms are at about a 90 degree angle while pushing, not bad for me but just an FYI for those that are "shorter".
-We had a 2003 Mazda 6 and could not get this stroller in the massive trunk of our car without taking at least one rear wheel off. We always took both wheels off because we were afraid of bending the one wheel left on. Again, easy to take the wheels on and off but if you are someone who uses your stroller a ton this will get annoying fast. With our 2011 Honda Pilot we can easily fit it in the rear, with all wheels on if at least one of the 60/40 folding seats are down. With all 3 rows of seats up there is no way to fit this stroller in the trunk. Even if all wheels are off it won't fit back there because of the shape of the foot rest for the little one.
-Only faces out can't change the positon of the handle bar. This was our biggest issue with this stroller. Our son loved to face us and talk to us when in the stroller and this doesn't offer that option.
-You won't be able to take the material off and wash it in the stroller, carseat you can, but not the stroller. But the goodnews is that it wipes down and dries very easily.
-Canopy isn't huge on the stroller but we purchased a summer infant canopy extender, super easy to use, we actually bought two and put on on his big carseat/alpha omega carseat to keep the sun out of his eyes in the car.

Overall, we really like our carseat but we tried to think of everything that we really liked and everything that we could see others wanting to know. Highly recommend going to a baby store, like Babies 'R' Us to try out the strollers. They will let you take them out to the car and see if they fit. . . Someone recommended this to us and it was super helpful. We went into it knowing the stroller would be a tight fit but not wanting to have 8 strollers decided to purchase this one as it met the bulk of our needs. We actually used the baby pouch more than the stroller. My son preferred being snuggled up close. We highly recommend the Ergo, flexible and you can wear it for hours. My husband's words, it's just a piece of material but it does so much! The ergo can hold up to a 45 POUND KID! So worth the buck for the bang you get! Sorry off topic again. . . Loved the carseat and stroller overall they were great for us.

As a heads up. . . We ended up purchasing it at Babies R Us for less than $200 when they had a 20% off coupon and discounted strollers.

4.0 out of 5 stars One Small Tweak and Would Be 5 Stars, August 15, 2011
Pros:

A breeze to maneuver and a really comfortable stroller to push

The wheels easily go over rough terrain

Wheels easily detach from stroller so you can fit in a standard car trunk.

Cons:

Snapping in the Carseat Buckle (to strap baby in) stinks. Both pieces have to be laid together and snapped in. It'd be tons easier if you could snap in one side, than the other. This is the biggest con and holds me back from the 5 star rating.

Heavy- but not moreso than most travel systems this price range (150-215ish). So unless you want to pay at least double for a lightweight one, you're kinda stuck with heavy.

Can sometimes be difficult to open

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to use, May 10, 2011
Bobbie (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This stroller provides a smooth ride and turns easily. The straps on the stroller are easy to manage. BUT... it is very hard to snap the straps on the car seat in place. There are two pieces that must fit together and you push them into the bottom attachment of the car seat. The bottom piece does not come out far enough so baby is in the way and it is very hard to see how to properly align the two top pieces. When you do get them aligned, you have to push very hard to snap them into place.

The stroller also does not fold easily. There are two different handles/buttons that need to be pushed and they need a tight grip to release. I understand you don't want the stroller to fold when you don't want it to, but there must be an easier way to unlock it.

The stroller is also awkward and heavy when you are lifting it in the back of a SUV. There doesn't seem to be a great place to get a good grip on it. We also push the folded up stroller in/out of the house, and unless you hold it at a specific angle the basket drags the ground.

Overall, I love the stroller but the design needs some work and it shouldn't be so hard for small moms to lock/unlock buckles and buttons and carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, February 24, 2011
This is a great stroller and car seat. I was worried it would be hard to snap everything in to use but it's so easy. It's also very easy to assemble. It works great. The main reason i was going to write a review is to say the price on here is way more expensive plus shipping and handling, but i see that others have already pointed that out. We got ours from babiesrus for $219 as well :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth ride, but has some issues, June 4, 2013
I got this travel system (in a different color) over two years ago while I was still pregnant. I was overseas and this system was brand new on the market. I bought this system based off of a handful of reviews and the description. I'm writing a review now because of all of the unhelpful reviews about the front wheel. This is not one of those self-explanatory travel systems. Everyone who owns this needs to read the manual before assembling and then get it back out anytime there's an issue with this stroller. For extra enlightenment, look at YouTube videos. The front wheel issue (detailed instructions are in manual) is easily fixed by taking off the foot rest and tightening the nut on the top. Just test the stroller outside before you put the footrest back on.

Pros:

The ride is smooth walking or jogging, with the wheel locked or unlocked.
For jogging, the locking front wheel is so helpful.
The brakes work very well and are moderately difficult to unlock.
The car seat is very secure when properly locked into place.
The seat recline is great once your child outgrows the car seat. My DD still occasionally sleeps in this stroller.
There is plenty of leg room for tall children (mine is in the 80-90 percentile).
The handle is adjustable for different heights. This was very important to me, since I'm 4'11" and my husband is 6'1".
The snack tray is awesome.
The material of the seat and canopy are easy to wipe down.
The parent cup holders and storage compartment are awesome. The storage compartment easily fits my iPhone 4s, which is huge due to its Griffin (similar to Otterbox) case.
Once you get the hang of folding and unfolding the stroller, it's pretty easy, but does take two hands.
The tires are very nice bicycle-type tires. After two years, mine are still awesome.
The built in speakers are nice, but I rarely use them.
The basket underneath is huge, which has been fantastic the several times we've used this stroller at the airport.

Cons:

Assembly does take some time. It's been over two years, but I think it took me about 30-45 minutes. Tip: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and REFER TO THE MANUAL. This is more complicated than your run-of-the-mill stroller, and you don't want to make an error that could endanger your child.
The car seat is tiny, ridiculously heavy, and difficult to buckle (especially if your kid is being squirmy). My DD outgrew it in 16 weeks. We replaced it with a Diono Radian RXT (5-120 pounds).
The stroller itself is very heavy and awkward to carry when folded up. Solution: push it or carry it unfolded. It's much easier.
I have a 2005 Mark IV Jetta (not the City Jetta). If I put this in my trunk, I don't have room for anything else.

Bottom line:

I do recommend this system to people all the time. If you walk or jog a lot outside, you will love this stroller. However, with baby number two on the way, we will not be buying a Baby Trend tandem jogger. I can only imagine how much more it would weigh and how much more of my trunk space would be taken up. We mostly walk indoors and on sidewalks, so I'm looking into the Contours Optima Tandem Stroller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Saftey Issues!, February 6, 2014
My little one is four months old and we've had serious problems with this stroller for the past two months. The first issue that we had with this stroller is the back left wheel went flat. At first I figured that I must have run over something on an outing with my daughter, but after replacing the inner tube on each tire twice, I've come to the conclusion that the wheels as a whole are faulty. After replacing the inner tube, for the first time on the each tire, I noticed that the tires began to pop off the wheels and bulged when they were reset making going to walks with my newborn extremely difficult due to the wobbling from the bulges in the tires.
My main concern with this stroller system, however, is not the tires but the car seat straps. Recently we adjusted the straps to the middle slots, following the directions in the manual, because my baby has grown and now we can no longer get one of the straps to tighten. This is a HUGE SAFTEY CONCERN!!! We have to reset the straps every time we go out because if we do not, one strap can be fitted properly to my little one while the other is unable to be tightened at all and I am not willing to use the car seat without my daughter being properly fastened in her car seat. Luckily we are able to return the stroller system to the store that it was purchased from and we will be doing that this weekend. I would seriously research stroller systems and brands before making a decision, your baby's safety should be priority.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING with only two minor concerns., July 2, 2014
This product is outstanding. We have had it for a couple of months now and I couldn't be happier with it. I can load a large diaper bag, a purse, water bottles, and baby with no problems. The handle bar can receive a fair amount of pressure without fear of tipping so things can be hung off a large carribeaner (sp?) for shopping purposes. I jog on my 5 acres of grass or on winding country roads with all of these things attached plus 2 90lb dogs that occasionally pull wrapped around one wrist, and I can still maneuver it with one hand easily and feel that it is safe and secure. The built-in speakers add to the enjoyment of use especially as it is designed for fitness and who doesn't work out with music? The ONLY two things that I would say about it is, 1. Kellan seems uncomfortable in the car seat. However, I can't figure out if that's because he just doesn't like car seats or if there is something specifically wrong with THIS one so it's not a fair complaint. 2. Since we got it the front wheel has always wobbled and we can't quite figure out what's going on with it. It's not flat and the screw isn't loose. It's still fully functional. I still give it 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great system for an active family!, July 4, 2012
Our daughter is 4 months old now, and this has been a great system for us! The stroller is light enough that I can get it in and out of my car easily and it is very easy to open and close. It turns on a dime, which is awesome in a crowd! I could see how it would be too bulky if you don't have decent trunk space, but we had looked at it in person, so we were expecting the size. We have both an SUV and a four-door sedan and don't have issues with it fitting in either easily.
The car seat is easy to release on handed and fits well in both of our cars. It is light and I can carry her in it with no problems! The angle of the seat wasn't great when she was itty bitty (which is why I gave it 4 stars,) but as she has gained head control it has been great!
I haven't used it for jogging yet, because it's too heavy with the car seat in it. But I am looking forward to taking her on runs soon!

Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller - Everglade