5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great play yard IF YOU READ THE MANUAL
Like your typical first time father, I didnt read the manual and attempted to put this together using "logic." after 15 minutes I was ready to give this a one star review. After reading a few reviews here and at WM I discovered others hated this too and was even more frustrated.

Published on March 25, 2012 by No Longer Frustrated

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Garbage!
Published on February 22, 2011 by NLDeadman

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great play yard IF YOU READ THE MANUAL, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Baby Trend Playard - In the Jungle (Baby Product)

I decided to take a peak at the manual and sure enough, the problem everyone is having is the same issue I was having... If you lock in the base it is near impossible to lock in the rails. so with the unit collapsed you can lock in the rails and then the base. Boom, done.

This truly is a great set and deserves a 4 or 5 star raring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Playard!!, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Baby Trend Playard - In the Jungle (Baby Product)
I bought this playard when I was 6 months pregnant with my soon to be daughter hoping that I was choosing the right one. I searched all over the Internet and my local stores to find a playard with good quality for a decent price. There were many I wanted but were too expensive. I'm one of those people who has to read all the reviews for an item I am going to buy. This playard had good reviews. Some of the reviews did mention minor difficulties when initially setting up the playard. This was somewhat true for me. When I set up the playard for the first time, I had difficulty folding and unfolding it. But I think it had to do with me being a new parent who had no clue how to manipulate a playard. After figuring out how to fold and unfold the playard, I haven't had much problems. Occasionally I will have trouble folding it together. You have to make sure you press the button several times while you bend the rods to make it fold. I love the pattern! I'm an animal lover and the design immediately attracted me. The bassinet feature was very useful for me. My daughter slept in the bassinet for the first 3 months by my bedside. It was extremely convenient to have her sleep next to me that way I wouldn't have to worry about her during the night. The changing station is still used to this day. My daughter is 4 months old. I didn't buy a changing table, but this one is just what I need. Now, I have removed the bassinet and use the playard when my daughter is taking a nap or needs belly time. A downside to this playard is the padding is hard. It just feels like a piece of cardboard with material over it. For some odd reason, most of the playards in the market, have pads that are not very comfortable. I had to buy a playard mattress so my daughter would not be sleeping on such a hard surface. Overall, I really like this playard. I think I made the right choice considering I did not want to spend $200 on a playard. I would definitely recommend this product to other moms!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Garbage!, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Baby Trend Playard - In the Jungle (Baby Product)
Absolutely do not buy this product! It is impossible to assemble. The instructions state to "pull up sharply" on either side of the locking mechanisms on the sides, but most of the time only one side latches, you have to release and try again. On top of that, the latches are obscured by padding so you can see what is going on and your fingers get jammed on the padding. Mine are so sore I can barely type and the damn thing still isn't together. Spend a little extra and get a better product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mom-To-Be, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Baby Trend Playard - In the Jungle (Baby Product)
While assembling was a bit tricky for me (can't remember the last time I assembled one) once I 'got it', it was fine!!! The 'mattress/pad' is on the thin side but most of them seem to be the same way. There are ways around that with a quilted, snug fitting, sheet.

Baby Trend Playard - In the Jungle