Baby on beach cruiser. I want to buy a beach cruiser and carry my one year old son on it. I am not sure if I should buy a seat for the front or back. He is currently 1 years old and weighs about 23lbs. He probably will not exceed 35lbs by the end of bike season. I would purchase a tow behind but live in an apartment and think it would be difficult to carry up stairs and store. Any suggestions? Thanks
asked by L. Zehpfennig on April 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
we got the ibert front mounted seat and it's been great for our 16 month old. i'd recommend it (and it has nearly 500 reviews on amazon). might be worth a look for you.
iPhone User answered on May 14, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Back when I would bike ride with my first child all they had were bike seats for the child on the rear and they provided a lot of support for their back and head and I felt safer with her right behind me, as well as being able to see and steer with clear front view (but I am only 5' 2" and 118 lbs.). Now they have front ones... and I would say that there are only two reasons I would consider that type (and I'm a pediatric nurse for what it's worth!) and that is that you are very strong armed and at least 5'6" so you can see over the child, and know also that your child won't be "wild" while Momma is driving!
The one problem I did have with the rear seat was that when I put it on a "mountain bike" and was riding trails with her on the back, it was VERY hard to do hills if I had to stand up in fact one time my bike started to tip upward with us both heading down backward!!!! I jumped off quickly to be here to tell you all about both of these types! That "first" child just turned 21 yrs old yesterday, time flies.... take your kids everywhere so they can see what you see and how you see it!~!!
Mother Mary answered on July 13, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product