4.0 out of 5 stars A space saving alternative to the Baby Bjorn Potty Chair
Deciding between the Baby Bjorn Smart Potty and the Baby Bjorn Potty Chair for my 10 month old boy whose weight is at 75th percentile, I went to a store to compare the two products. Major findings:

1. The seat size is the same - the removable inner potty is the same on both models.

2. The seat on the Smart Potty is lower. Pros - harder to topple...
Published on May 13, 2010 by Gruffalo

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a potty chair for BOYS!!!
Published on February 13, 2012 by HDN78

4.0 out of 5 stars A space saving alternative to the Baby Bjorn Potty Chair, May 13, 2010
Gruffalo (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews

2. The seat on the Smart Potty is lower. Pros - harder to topple. Cons - if the child is taller the sitting position may be more like squatting.

At the store my boy sat on the Potty Chair and decided to reach for something and toppled the Potty Chair. The Smart Potty seems harder to topple, though not impossible. In the end I purchased the Smart Potty. It takes up little space in the bathroom and cabinet. My kid is in the first week of potty training and hasn't had a "mission accomplished" yet, but with a toy in his hands he seems fine sitting on the potty for 5 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice potty for a small child, February 24, 2013
SaraR (East Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
My baby is small (18 pounds at 1 year) and I had ordered the larger BabyBjorn Potty Chair and it just seemed too big. This one seems like a much better size for him. Both potty chairs are sleek, easy to clean, simple design. The bowls seem to be interchangeable. However, the Smart Potty is about an inch lower than the Potty Chair so it is a better fit for my little one. I thought the higher back/sides on the Potty Chair would make it seem more stable, but my child seems very stable and comfortable on this one. I will post a photo of the two chairs side-by-side for comparison... if I had been able to see them side by side I probably would have purchased the Smart Potty to start with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seat, October 4, 2010
dischdelfink (chapel hill, nc) - See all my reviews
My daughter, 20 months, has been using this potty regularly for 2 months. It has been great and she loves it! The rubber around the bottom really does secure it to the floor and it is super easy to clean. No funny parts or crevices to get dirty.
She is of average size and this potty fits her quite well. I originally got this one because I wanted to teach her to sit on in while she was still quite small (14 months). But she has not out grown it at all and we won't need to get another one before she moves up to the big potty (with a ring). She enjoys it so much that sometimes she will sit on it to read books during naked time. The splash gaurd/hump in front does not bother her at all; she has learned to get on and off of it gracefully. I am planning to use it as a travel potty once she graduates to using the big potty/ring at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babybjorn smart potty, August 18, 2012
We love it! Bought it for our 4 month old whom we are ECing. It fits him perfectly and will grow with him. Also brought it on vacation for in the car. What a life saver! Easy to clean and has a nice simple look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel!, May 28, 2014
NoCheez "Peg" (West Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BABYBJORN Smart Potty - White (Baby Product)
We keep this in the trunk for long drives. Wrap a plastic bag over it and lay a paper towel at the bottom and a toddler or potty training emergency can be taken care of discreetly in the backseat!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a potty chair for BOYS!!!, February 13, 2012
HDN78 (Beavercreek, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
Yes...this potty chair has great reviews!! Yes, it's a space saver and no nonsense! But there is NO way this chair can accommodate training a boy! The splash guard is far too low and every time my son potties, urine comes out over the top of the guard and all down the sides of the seat onto the floor. He gets upset and overall, it just makes the whole training process stressful and upsetting...when it should be as calming as possible for the child. Not to mention that our child has to dodge the puddles when he is done just to get out of the bathroom and we have to clean the floor that has half of his urine seeping all over it!
I have yet to find a potty chair that has an adequate height guard (I'm waiting on two to arrive)but The First Years seem to have it right when it comes to guards for boys in potty SEATS. Check out The First Years Disney Pixar Cars Soft Potty Seat. We also have a similar one in Winnie the Pooh (also by TFY) and they work really well. Our only problem is getting our son to advance to that...right now, he's stuck on using the chair!
Also, it's very low to the ground and while my son is tall, I don't think it would be all that comfortable for many toddlers his age. He literally has to sit on it with his legs spread and straight out in front of him. It can't see it being that comfortable for doing his business!
If you have a BOY, save yourself some money by hopefully not having to buy and second chair and look for one that has a high enough guard similar to the height of The First Years potty seats. You'll be glad you did!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect potty, September 29, 2010
This is the perfect potty. Small, yet big enough for their little bottoms. Very easy to clean. I highly recommend this one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Potty!, May 22, 2011
This review is from: BABYBJORN Smart Potty - White (Baby Product)
We love this potty. It is smaller than some potties (which is good for my smaller than average 18 mo old. Also I like that it is simple. I don't need lights/music/friends... the real potty doesn't have them - so why have them on this?! I loved this.

1.0 out of 5 stars The smallest potty ever..., December 31, 2012
This review is from: BABYBJORN Smart Potty - White (Baby Product)
My 18 month old is only 50th percentile for height but he is already way too tall for this potty and he hates trying to squat down to sit on it. Won't even be able to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great cheap and simple product - it's all you need, February 26, 2011
The bowl removes for easy clean-up, and the base is rubberized to prevent slipping. It has worked great. There really is no need for all the bells and whistles available on so many potties.

BABYBJORN Smart Potty - White