5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous Product! (and I'm NICU nurse)
Published on January 11, 2010 by Nicole Y. Gillette

1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable objectiveness of reviews
Published on March 2, 2012 by QAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous Product! (and I'm NICU nurse), January 11, 2010
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
Bulb and battery-powered aspirators? Don't bother. Even the best battery-powered ones available don't come close to the suction you can generate with this type of aspirator. I know, we tested them all at work. We did try the nosefrida, which uses the same principle as this one - and it's very good, but the babycomfynose has several advantages: you don't have to buy foam rubber filters because it uses readily available facial tissue (cellulose tissue is actually a much better filter than foam rubber - and free). And the open mesh bag it comes with allows air-drying, which is important because germs thrive on moist and warm and don't survive on dry surfaces. (As a nurse, I have some experience with these things). The babycomfynose folks got this absolutely right.

And this is actually a major problem with the Frida. They advertise the admittedly nice quality plastic case as a storage container but what comes to mind is a petri dish. What seemed like a useful feature is actually a hazard if you don't sterilize and dry the aspirator perfectly before you put it in the case - and that's very hard to do in the laboratory, let alone the bathroom or kitchen.

The instructional video on the babycomfynose website is useful. Our baby wasn't quite as docile as the one in the video, but we got just as much snot out, or more. Unbelievable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable objectiveness of reviews, March 2, 2012
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
I rarely write product review, but I have to do one for this. I bought both Nosefrida and this one because they are both rated high on Amazon. However, after using both of them, I must say that Nosefrida is a far more superior product: much more sturdy in the hand, easier to clean, and in every way just works much better than this one. The middle bit of this product, used to put the tissue in, sometimes crack open while we are busy sucking on baby's nose, and that is really annoying. In summary, it is just a much inferior product compared to the Nosefrida.

Now the troubling bit: I signed up for a free/giveaway BabyComfyNose Aspirator on Facebook. I did not get the free aspirator and had not bought the product then. However, I got a private email from them saying that if I am to rate the product as a five star on Diapers.com, I will get a free aspirator. They even give me a list of the main advantages of a BabyComfyNose Aspirator:

-------------
1) You don't have to buy plastic foam rubber filters because the BabyComfyNose is specifically designed to use tissue as a filter. Tissue is a better filter material, always available and...free. Nose Frida requires that you buy their filters.
2) The nylon mesh storage pouch that comes with the BabyComfyNose allows hygienic drying, whereas the hard plastic Nose Frida case prevents drying after washing. This is unsanitary and potentially harmful.
3) The BabyComfyNose has a soft medical grade nose tip and mouth piece, the Nose Frida is all hard plastic. Ouch - for you and your baby.
4) BabyComfyNose is available in two colors - ideal for siblings and multiples.
5) BabyComfyNose is made in the USA. Nose Frida is made in Sweden - does that mean NF is a better product? We don't think so.
-------------
UNQUOTE

I don't know if BabyComfyNose Aspirator has contacted other Amazon reviewers in the past, but I for sure have seen the above 5-superior points in various reviews before. This product may have worked for others, but I feel that I should let others aware that this is how the company does business! So buyers - just beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure the concept is gross but it's effective!, May 6, 2010
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
This is my first review for a product that I have purchased from Amazon and due to this sucker's (no pun intended) worthiness, I felt compelled to share the love for this product! When I gave birth to my son nearly three months ago, myself, my husband and our 3 year old daughter all had colds, ergo, our son caught one too. The squeeze bulb syringe I received from the hospital just didn't do the trick in getting out the goo that was in his nose. I saw this and, on a whim, purchased it and I am GLAD that I did so. No filters to mess with, you put a piece of facial tissue in the receptacle, place the tip up to your infant's nose and suck on the mouthpiece. Ta-da! Snot! I recommend using saline solution for little noses to loosen up things before you use this. I used this with our daughter and, though she hated it (I think it was the sensation of the snot leaving her nose that freaked her out, I'm not sure), it removed ALOT of gunk so that she could breathe better. Bottom line, this device is a good investment, it's effective, you can take it apart to clean and disinfect and, most importantly, it WORKS. Advice: you will need to find what works for you in regards to effective mucous removal. My husband does strong, steady pulls whereas I prefer to use short, quick pulls when sucking on the mouthpiece. If you have any reservations about this product then check out their website for more information. I wish I would've had this for when our daughter was younger. Excellent, excellent product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the bulb syringe., February 26, 2013
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
Granted, anything's better than a bulb syringe. This is worth every penny, though! I bought this instead of a NoseFrida because I liked the idea of just popping a tissue into the chamber and throwing away all those boogies and potential viruses and bacteria every time we use this. The NoseFrida requires the use of filters, which you then also have to pay for. Ain't nobody got time for that.

My LO has reflux and, thusly, lots and lots of mucus. Like, this kid's head is constantly full of snot. You remember that big foam rubber nose at the end of the obstacle course on Double Dare? Of course you do. It's just like that, only tiny and impossible to get into. This thing works to get all the crud out of her nose without having to cram anything into her eensy weensy little nostrils. It fits against the nostril opening and then you Hoover those boogies out. This works best, by the way, if you hold the other nostril closed... but that holds true with ANY aspirator. If you don't, you're just gonna suck air in through the other nostril and waste everybody's time.

Easy to clean, kind of. That's where that fifth star went. This thing comes apart in three pieces.. one of which rarely gets dirty. The other two (the bottom of the chamber and the nose-touchy part) are usually full of boogers and snot and who knows what else. The smaller piece that fits against your kid's nostril is a pain in the butt to clean. It's all little and weird shaped and I almost always have to run through a couple Q-tips to get the stuff out that wouldn't just rinse.

1.0 out of 5 stars Check out the company's response:, August 20, 2013
Kari Seiler (West Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
I got this for my new grandson, who was plagued with a stuffy nose for a couple of weeks. the premise behind this is great, and I am sure it would work well for a bigger baby, but the suction end of this is rather stubby, and doesn't make a good enough seal on a teeny nostril. Back to the hospital issue bulb syringe.
***UPDATE***:
24 hours hadn't even passed when a response to my review from the company was posted. Click on Comments to read it. It seemed a little condescending to me, but I was willing to let it go UNTIL I looked at other 1 and 2 star ratings and saw more smart-a** responses to other reviewers too. I am crusty old bird, raised three of my own and now helping with my first grandchild. I'm a nurse with plenty of varied experiences in my 27 years as an RN, including NICU, so if you want to have a different opinion from me, great, have at it. I could care less.

BUT... New parents who are trying to learn and do the very best for their infants do NOT need some self-important company executive trying to make them feel as if their experience is invalid. Every parent, every baby is a little different. The last thing any new parent needs is someone making them feel MORE unsure of themselves.

If the so-called "experts" from BabyComfyNose really want to provide customer support, how about contacting reviewers who may have had trouble and sending them a link to a video, or a detailed instruction email to help them get the most out of the product? I can't help but wonder if these nasty responses were in some way intended to make reviewers feel as if they should take down their reviews because they are "wrong".

So, based on my less than optimal experience with their customer outreach team, I am DOWNGRADING my review to 1-star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works so much better than squeeze bulb aspirators!, September 22, 2011
Like many of you, I have tried several different brands of the bulb type nasal aspirators. And unless you have been luckier than I, you know what a disappointment they have turned out to be. When I first came across the babycomfynose here on amazon I discounted it straight away simply because of the price. No way was I going to spend 15 bucks on a manual aspirator when the bulb types can be had for about one third of that price. Of course, now I can hear the voice of my mom whispering in my head about how you get what you pay for. After buying several different types of aspirators at local pharmacies, I had spent more than $15, and at the end of the day, was still trying to make do with Kleenex and Qtips. Desperation brought me back here and hopefully my review, along with the majority of the other positive reviews will save some of you from making the same mistake I did.

Upon opening my babycomfynose I noticed there weren't any instructions. It all seems pretty straightforward but to be on the safe side I went to the manufacturer's web site to watch the video demonstration mentioned on the packaging. It was short and didn't really offer up any surprises. You just place a Kleenex in the reserve well as a filter. That pretty much just seems to be something to give the user piece of mind about the fact that they won't end up sucking any really gross green stuff into their mouth. My guy's nose was truly a sight to set even a loving mother's stomach into doing back flips but after using the babycomfynose, the gross stuff had been transferred from his nose (and lip) to the aspirator and the Kleenex was still clean and dry...just like his nose in fact!

There is a company which makes a product very similar to the babycomfynose, initials NF may come to your mind. In fact, when I was checking out the video demonstration I was surprised to see the makers of the babycomfynose, not only mention this other product, but give it praise they believe it deserves. The primary difference between the two aspirators is, the other brand requires you to purchase their rubber filters while the makers of the babycomfynose tout that the only filter you might need for their product is something which is free and you already have at home. That is just a little inaccurate in that yes, while most of us do already have boxes of facial tissue at home they weren't free. But that is just nit picky and certainly nothing to deduct a star for.

The only problem I encountered while trying out the aspirator was a shortage of suction while using the device with the mouthpiece in place. Perhaps that wouldn't happen with a shorter length of tubing but since I want as much as possible between my mouth and what I was trying to remove from his nose, I left the tubing as it was. I solved the problem by simply removing the tip which then seemed to allow for greater suction. I won't lay the blame for the lack of suction on the design of the babycomfynose because I have had asthma and allergies since I was a child. And my lungs have always performed poorly when trying to work the device at the doctor's office where you suck on a tube and keep a ping pong ball up in the air as long as possible.

Not every stuffy nose will be gooey so when faced with dried matter that is difficult to suction I would suggest using a couple of drops of saline in each nostril such as, Ayr Baby Saline Nose Spray/Drops, 30 ml (Pack of 3) or Ayr Saline Nasal Mist 1.69 Oz. For those little 'cling ons', you might want to keep a pair of Baby Nose Cleaning Tweezers Pigeon (Made in Japan) which are better for grabbing them out rather than risking pushing anything in deeper with a Qtip. As an added plus, this aspirator comes with a net pouch for you to store the device in after you have used it and cleaned it. That is definitely better than any hard plastic case which makes a perfect environment for bacterial growth should you not dry every drop of water after cleaning.

Many of the positive reviews for this product go into great detail about the boogers and being able to see what you are sucking out of your child's nose. If you need to hear about all of that, have at 'em. Yes those reviews helped me decide to go ahead and give this product a try but that doesn't mean I wasn't sick as a dog by the time I finished reading all of them. Oh well, that is what I get for reading all the time and having a really vivid imagination. I wanted to make it stop but my mind was even supplying sound effects to go along with the visuals.

I don't want to make anyone queasy and just me saying, 'yes buy it', shouldn't be enough for any of you. I can say that after much trial and error this is the BEST nasal aspirator I have ever used. Armed with the babycomfynose, along with saline drops and the nasal tweezers, I am ready to face the upcoming cold and flu season. Not that young ones seem to feel the need to wait for a particular time of year to get all stuffy. I really can't say enough good things about this aspirator other than I would buy it again, in a heartbeat. In fact, I am off to order another one, one for the travel bag and one for home.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for my infant..., December 13, 2013
Suzanna F (SAN FRANCISCO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
My infant got a cold and I wanted to find something to help relieve his congestion. All the mucus buildup that wasn't easily making its way out was interfering with nursing and his sleep at night. A friend of mine highly recommended the NoseFrida aspirator. After reading the many great reviews and comparing that aspirator and Baby Comfy Nose, I decided to go with the latter, solely because of the fact that I don't have to commit to buying filters, which seems a lot more cost effective. I must report that the Baby Comfy Nose did not help relieve my baby's congestion. Yes, it sucked some boogies out of his nose, but those were close enough to the surface to easily come out on their own after I sprayed his nose with saline spray. All the mucus that was inside remained there and continued to bother my little guy. I don't know if perhaps I'm not sucking the air hard enough but I'm doing it to a point where my head starts to hurt, so this shouldn't be it. Also, when I called their customer service number about a question I had, the representative was extremely rude and condescending (way to treat your customers!). I am going to try the NoseFrida, after all that aspirator has over a thousand reviews, whereas this one only a couple hundreds (many of which might be questionable per one reviewer's feedback that the company was offering free aspirators in an exchange for five star reviews on Amazon). If I ordered this product to suck out boogies, I may have been happy with it but, since I got this for sucking out mucus to relieve congestion and it did not help a bit, I do not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the traditional bulb syringe, June 1, 2010
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
Once you get over the weirdness of how this product works, you'll find it works tons better than other products out there. My only advice would be to use just half a Kleenex and make sure it's placed towards the front of the aspirator (the part you put in the nostril).

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, March 27, 2010
This review is from: BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue) (Baby Product)
The Baby Comfy Nose is incredible. Our baby was born in November--into a house with a toddler. The baby had a stuffy nose throughout the winter, and we have tried everything to clean out his nose. This device is the best thing we have ever used. One major pro is that you can see what is coming out, and a second pro: it is easy to clean. It is a blessing. Also, the size of the tip fits in the nose of our toddler, so we are able to help her clean her nose as well. The size is very safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this aspirator!, May 7, 2012
I was a bit skeptical about using this product. Works wonders, though! Once you overcome the initial gross-out factor, it's a breeze.

BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator (Blue)
$16.00 $12.65