5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cloths
Published on May 18, 2011 by Pamela

3.0 out of 5 stars Three wipe showdown!
Published on July 25, 2011 by Work of Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Three wipe showdown!, July 25, 2011
This review is from: BabyKicks Natural & Organic 10 Pack Baby Wipes, Assortment (Baby Product)
We purchased the Grovia, Charlie Banana and Babykicks Cloth wipes for use in our Prince Lionheart Premium Antibacterial Wipe Warmer. Our baby is currently 10 weeks old. We use tap water on our wipes. No "wipe solutions" of any kind. We have not had any problems with diaper rash since we moved to cloth diapers and wipes 5 weeks ago. Hands down, our favorite are the Grovia wipes. Here is the breakdown:

Charlie Banana: Our least favorite of the bunch. When we bought these, the price was $17.99 for 20 organic cotton wipes. This seemed like a great value for 20 wipes! However, the cloth is a thin jersey type cotton (like thin tee-shirt material). The weave on these wipes actually repels liquids. With the other wipes, I just wet the stack under the tap and then load the stack into the wipe warmer. These wipes will not absorb water this way. I have to load the dry wipes in the warmer and then fill the warmer with water and they very slowly absorb the water over a few hours. It is a pain. Secondly, the cloth sticks to itself when wet. They are folded in half to fit in the warmer and pulling one out of the warmer and unfolding it requires two hands or a strong one-handed flick which sprays water droplets around the bathroom. Both of which are annoying when holding a squirming baby on the changing pad. Because the material is so thin, it does not hold heat from the warmer for very long, though it is usually adequate. Lastly, the material does not grab goo as well as the other two and we use more wipes per diaper change. The Grovia and babykicks usually get the job done with one wipe.

Babykicks: Our mid-favorite. $14.50 for 10 organic cotton wipes at the time of purchase. The material is the same material found in cotton sweatpants; flannel texture on one side and a jersey knit texture on the other side. These are the smallest wipes of the lot so you have to be a bit more careful not to get your hands into poo. I also don't care for the circular shape. Folded in half, they also fit nicely in our wipe warmer. Unlike the Charlie banana, these absorb water and baby stuff just fine. The fabric texture is grabby, but still soft on baby's skin. They sometimes unfold themselves as we pull them out of the warmer, but they often need a little help.

Grovia: The hands down winner! $10.95 for a dozen at the time of my purchase. 12 are a perfect fit in the warmer when folded in half. The thick baby-terry cloth absorbs water and baby goo beautifully. They unfold out the the warmer perfectly everytime. No flicking or extra hand needed. Because they are a polyester blend, they do not stain. This is a nice plus. They hold the heat from the warmer the best of the three and our baby loves the warm/soft feeling of these wipes. The terry is very soft and fine (baby-terry) and it grabs goo beautifully. We never need more then one of these per diaper change. The only drawback to these is the surged-edge fraying that other reviewers have also noted, however, these are still our hands down favorite.

I am ordering more of the Grovia and tossing the Charlie Banana and Babykicks into the rag bucket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cloths, May 18, 2011
From previous reviews, I expected the tags to be ginormous, but they're actually just tiny. Also, the tags all say Made in USA, so the "OMG THESE WERE MADE IN CHINA" reviews do not apply either. I don't bother to run mine through the dryer, I just take them out after the spin cycle and put them right in the wipes warmer (I got the Prince Lionheart Warmies Wipes Warmer ), so the "they get rough when you line dry them" reviews don't apply to me either.

So, I like these cloths just fine and may buy more. My baby has not yet arrived, so I've just been experimenting (or as my husband calls it, "playing"), but I will post an update as soon as I know how they fare against newborn poops.

EDIT: So, my little one arrived and I've been able to try these out with actual baby poo. They did fine against both the sticky, nasty meconium and regular runny breast-fed newborn poo.

Another EDIT: My daughter is now almost 2 years old, and we still use these little wash cloths for all kinds of things, like washing little faces and hands and wiping up small spills. I run them through the dryer now, since we don't use the wipe warmer any more (potty training!), but they are still holding up just fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars The best companions to cloth diapering! - THEY CHANGED!!, June 9, 2011
I have tried pretty much every type of washcloth Amazon sells in the baby dept., to try them out as wipes to accompany cloth diapering. If we are using reusable diapers, why not use reusable wipes?? So, we have our little bowl of water next to the change pad, and we dip the wipe in water, and wipe. Most washcloths were just terrible, they simply didn't wick up the water, and it was really hard to get them properly moist. Others, more towel like, felt rough and abrasive when swept across delicate skin. These ones are just perfect!! They soak the water right up, they are very soft, and clean wonderfully well. We adore these, and so we ordered more of these, and just donated all the other ones (hopefully someone can use them). Highly recommended.

EDIT ON FEB 2013

We had kid #2, and so I bought more of these because #1 is still in diapers. What a bummer!!! They've been through 4 or 5 washes already, and they're just not as absorbant as they used to be :( They must have changed something. I am no longer impressed, and changed my review from 5 stars to 3 stars. Looking for alternatives now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cloth diapering!, October 14, 2010
I bought these when I decided to switch to cloth wipes instead of disposable wipes for cloth diapering. I read reviews and decided to give these a try. These are great! There are two sides (a rough side for clean up, and a softer fleece side for the last wipe). They are oval in shape. I like that they are offwhite as well. I use them in conjuction with Kissuluv's Lotion Potion spray and it's fantasic. They are a great size. They are not too big. And the cool part is that once I'm done cloth diapering, they'll make perfect dust rags or whatever. They won't go to waste!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using these for a little over 2 years and they're still going strong!, March 3, 2012
Babykicks were the first brand of cloth wipes that I had ever purchased. I started using them right after my daughter's birth two years ago. Despite being washed multiple times per week for years, I haven't had a single one develop holes, wear out, lose their stitching, etc. (I'm not a timid washer. I wash them in hot in an old top-load washer. I use Charlies Soap. I line dry in spring/summer and use my dryer during the fall/winter.)

I have around 40 of them and while the first two sets I purchased were made in the USA, the second set that I bought a month later were made in China. HOWEVER - both "versions" have proven to be equal in quality. While it's obviously nice to have things made in the United States, I just wanted to point out the issue of quality between the two.

The wipes did shrink some upon their first washing, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I have not ever found any issues with the tags getting in the way. This may be TMI - but the textured surface easily picks up all forms of baby poo - from the runny breastfed kind to the kind that is thick and pasty. However, it is still very soft and does not irritate soft baby skin.

I also own some other wipes from Green Mountain Diapers, Kissaluvs, Imse Vimse and Charlie Banana. I'll admit that the G.M.D. ones are probably my #1 favorite - but these are a VERY CLOSE second. (If you're wondering - the Imse Vimse wipes are my least favorite and began falling apart within 8 months.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not made in USA?, November 10, 2013
Ours says Made in PRC...which i think means in China...the company needs to change their info on amazon. If i get something expecting to be made in USA, its dissappointing that it is not. Seems a bit sketchy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice wipes, April 11, 2012
Very nice wipe, they work very well. Our tags do say made in PRC .. not the USA, received products very recently. So if you are one of those has to be made in the USA types, I would not recommend getting these as reviews seem to be mixed as far as people receiving made in China and made in USA wipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, December 7, 2011
I registered for these wipes and the Thirsties wipes, and I like each for different reasons. The Thirsties wipes are much softer and thicker; however, the Babykicks wipes have a textured surface that helps during some messy diaper changes. I only gave them four stars because the serged stitching has been coming undone on many of the wipes. They aren't completely coming undone, but there are loose strings that I need to cut off. Also, I can only use one side of the wipe it seems, the other side seems too rough for use. The Thirsties wipes are the same fabric on both sides. I am glad I registered for both wipes, but if I need more wipes I will be getting more Thirsties or maybe some itti bitt wipes because I hear good reviews for those as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean wayyyy better than disposable baby wipes!!!, September 10, 2010
I love these! I was using cloth diapers but using disposable baby wipes for the first few months of my baby's life. Then she got a rash (from a food allergy it seems) and I was running to use baby washcloths on her tushy because I thought the baby wipes were too harsh and warm water on washcloth would be so much better. After about a week of doing this, I thought, "why am I doing this at all? why don't I just get some cloth wipes and use them full time?". Well, genius, I did my research and these got some great reviews. I bought 2 packs and LOVE THEM. They work great and, surprisingly, are so much easier. Instead of finding broken apart disposable baby wipes in the washer with my dipes, I toss these in (on purpose, not like with the disposable wipes) and they clean right along with the diapers. No extra work really.

They get my baby's tushy so much cleaner and faster too. I wet a few in the morning and leave them in a diaper warmer with a little spray bottle of all natural baby cleaner nearby and we are set to handle any messes! I definitely recommend these. I know there were some comments about the tags but I haven't noticed any inconvenience by them, so I have no concerns about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Buy these!, November 18, 2010
I bought these because our baby is allergic to ALL baby wipes so we have to use cloth and water to clean him up. And since our sinks take like 5 minutes to get hot water I decided to get a few small washcloths to keep wet in our wipes warmer. We had been using baby washcloths but these are SO much better! They are the perfect size, thickness and absorbency and feel great to the touch. LOVE love bamboo!