5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock, Works as Advertised
Before I bought this clock, I read all the reviews here on Amazon several times. I hesitated, but still bought it. After using this clock for several clocks with my 2 year old, I wanted to come on here and address some of the negative stuff that people had mentioned in past reviews.

1) "It ticks loudly". If you have a child who is very very sensitive to...
Published on January 21, 2011 by Michelle

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work
Published on January 2, 2011 by Christy L. Whelan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock, Works as Advertised, January 21, 2011
This review is from: BabyZoo Alarm Clock for children, teach your child when to stay in bed! (Baby Product)

1) "It ticks loudly". If you have a child who is very very sensitive to noise, whom you always kept the room dead quiet for, yes, they will have problems with this. Remember all those old clocks when we were kids, like the Mickey Mouse one? It sounds like that. It's not that bad. Our son had 0 problems with the ticking (but we've never kept everything 100% quiet for him, so he's used to a little noise).

2) "The back part is annoying and you have to take it off every night to set the alarm." Do you guys even realize why the back part is there? It's so the kids can't press all the buttons on the back of the clock. It's extremely easy to twist off (one twist, it's off), and extremely easy to put back on. We had it off for the first week, and started putting it back on when we realized our son would reset the clock, turn the volume up, basically press the buttons. They're kids, give them buttons, they'll push them. Also I'm not sure why people are complaining you have to set the alarm every night. You push 1 button to put the monkey to sleep, and it will wake up again at the time you had set previously. How else would you get the monkey's eyes to close?

3) "It's 24 hour time". Most of the world is on 24 hour time. It's very easy to figure out how this works if you have trouble, and not that hard to add or subtract 12. In fact, 2 year olds can't tell time anyways, so it's a non-issue for them, and if I'm still using this clock when he can start telling time, it's a great learning tool.

4) "It doesn't work with my son". Well that's not the clock's fault.

5) "It's hard to set up, the instructions are bad." You guys must have bought a different clock than I did. It's very very easy to set up, and the instructions made complete sense.

My son gets very excited with this clock. He'll exclaim "monkey awake" when we walk into his room in the morning, and in the evenings, he'll say "monkey sleeping" at night. We honestly haven't needed to use it yet if he wakes up earlier than the monkey, but he really likes the clock, and it works as it says it does. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again or recommend it for a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Mo Mo has saved us many hours of sleep!!, February 11, 2010
My son (2.5 yo)was perpetually waking up at 5am (or earlier) and wanting everybody to get up and play with him. After one night of Mo Mo being in my son's room, he did not wake us up until the monkey opened his eyes (at the time we set which was 7am) My son is not only sleeping better, and longer, it allows us to sleep until the time we want to get up (which we leave set at 7am) When he opens his eyes, our son starts calling for us "MoMo...he open his eyes, Mommy....time to get up!!!"

The positive of this product:
+ Eyes close when you press the button and do not open until you press the button again, or until the time you set.
+ Easy for the child to associate he/she should be sleeping when MoMo has his eyes closed.
+ Uses AA batteries, which is sometimes bad, but I like that there is no cord involved for safety reasons.
+ Has a night light, if you want to use it.
+ Has both digital and analog clock which is great for learning to tell time.
++++ Has an auditory alarm also, of jungle sounds, but the good part is it can be turned completely off, so if the child is asleep and MoMo opens his eyes, then it won't wake the child up.

Negatives of the product are:
- Night light uses up the batteries VERY fast, but it is not necessary to use it, and we've used it without the nightlight for several months now, and have not had to change the batteries since.
- Digital clock only has a 24 hour mode. This could be good or bad, depending on where you live!

Let's put it this way, we love MoMo so much, Grandma is planning to order one for when he sleeps over at their house! Hope this helps!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders!, September 13, 2010
My seventeen month old had gotten into the habit of waking up early, sometimes as early as 5 am, and refusing to go back to sleep. She just didn't seem to believe me when I would tell her that it was still "nite nite" time. I decided to try this clock.

The first night I put her to bed and told her that the monkey was going to bed too and we watched his eyes close. Sure enough, at 5:30 the next morning she woke up. I went into her room and showed her that it was still bed time and the monkey's eyes were closed. Amazingly, she laid back down and went to sleep without a fight! When his eyes opened at 7 am, she woke up and we made a big deal about saying good morning to Mo Mo. It's worked every night since! We even use it to get her to take a nap in the afternoon. She used to fight it, but now I show her that Mo Mo is taking a nap and she lays right down.

I was skeptical that it could work for a young child since most of the reviews are for older children, but she grasped the concept of it without a problem. I couldn't be happier. My husband and I are loving that we can sleep in on the weekends!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, January 2, 2011
when I bought this clock, I had 2 wishes, that my kids would stay in bed at least until the monkey opened his eyes, and secondly, that if they wanted to sleep longer, they would. Well, when this thing works, it is so loud when he opens his eyes that it wakes them up. The clock also has an really annoying habit of advancing itself in time by several hours. We even put fresh batteries in and it still did this. So the kids don't trust it and won't abide by it because they are so confused as to why his eyes won't open until 3PM (set for 7A) or why I am upset when they are coming into my room at 4A ("mom, his eyes are open!" clock was set for 7A). Get a different clock that works and is quieter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Great, March 25, 2010
Kelly J August (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
1) My child just turned 2 and instantly figured out how to turn on and off the alarm. This morning we said, "Go get back in bed until the monkey's eyes are open" and he ran into his room, pushed the button and opened the monkeys eyes, "They're open! Time to get up!"...
2) It ticks very loudly
3) You have to set it every night and to set it you have to physically remove the back. With an intelligent child watching your every move they have this figured out instantly.
4) It only has the option of 24 hour

1.0 out of 5 stars Run from this monkey!!!, October 4, 2010
I don't believe in harming animals, but I want to throw this one out the window....It's actually being boxed up tonight and heading back to Amazon.
Here's the deal with Momo

Cons:
- The time runs fast and needs constant resetting
- The alarm must be reset EVERY night
- The ticking is so loud that my 3yr old is now afraid of this monkey and won't go to sleep unless I take the clock out of the room
- It is cheaply made
- It's impossible to read the dials on the back
- when momo's eyes open, it makes a strange noise
-the night light only stays on for less than a minute

Pros
- the jungle sounds instead of a loud alarm clock

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste of time and money, August 10, 2010
What a disappointing experience! Purchased this clock because I thought it was a brilliant concept to help keep my 2 year old in bed. We opened the box, explained the idea, and she was ready to go. Unfortunately, Momo wasn't. Neither the nighlight feature nor the eye alarm clock worked. The clock face worked (it was ticking quite loudly), but nowhere in the description (I should have read the reviews) do I remember it saying that the digital component operates on military time. Interesting enough, when I went direct to the manufacturer's website to seek technical help in case I'm an idiot who can't figure it out, I discovered that the model with instructions being sold is very different from the model purchased through amazon, so the instructions were of course of no help (if only this model had something as helpful as a "set" button.) My daughter is disappointed, and so am I after waiting almost 2 weeks for this to be delivered. Good concept, bad execution.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works but it takes time depending on the age of your child, May 10, 2010
We have had our monkey clock since March 1st of this year. Last week was the first time that both of my boys (twins in the same room) slept in and waited until the monkey woke up before they got up for the day. They just turned 2 when we got it so I'm guessing because they are only 2 that is one of the reasons it took us so long to "get it". Like another reviewer also said, we had to be very consistent with the clock. Every night before we go to bed we say "night, night" to the monkey and we would tell our boys before they went to bed and anytime they woke up before the monkey did that it wasn't time to get out of bed yet because the monkey hadn't woken up. It was not always easy and we didn't want to wait until the monkey woke up - we wanted to go into Mom and Dad's room to finish our sleep. But we stuck with it but not without a few tears. So yes, it is working for us and the boys like the monkey. They even fought over the box.

There were a few things about the clock I should have paid more attention to in the beginning and when setting it up. The directions were not all that clear when it came to the 24 hour part - mind you there is always partial user error on my part with any directions since I tend to skim. It took a few times using it for me to get it right. Our bedtime/wake up schedule is 7pm to 6:05 am so I finally realized that I needed to set the clock to "go off" at 18:05 in order for the monkey to wake up at 6:05 am. The batteries - stay away from the night light. It doesn't stay lit for more than 15 seconds maybe but the toll it takes on the batteries is amazing. We went through batteries in one week because of pressing the light and that came mainly from Mom pressing the wrong button in the beginning. When the monkey wakes up you hear a medley of jungle sounds (sound is adjustable) and his eyes open up and the whole clock lights up. Once it goes through its rounds, the monkey's eyes stay open until he goes to sleep at night (you put him to sleep every night with the button on the back). It did take time for us to get the hang of it - my tough guys finally "got it" last week and like I said we started with the monkey on March 1, 2010. It is a fun way to learn about wake up time. If you hang in there it works and I'm guessing based on our experience it depends on the age of your child and how stubborn they are about waking up too early!

2.0 out of 5 stars difficult to set times, October 14, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this clock about a year ago. once you finally get the time set (weird instructions) it works but you have to open the back and press a button for the alarm every time. Also there is no nap setting. When the batteries run low it make such a horrible clicking sound that it will certainly wake your child if they had been sleeping.
I would not purchase this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Mo Mo - don't read old reviews, July 7, 2012
Amazing! We moved our 20 month old to a toddler bed, and she started waking up at 5:30 everyday. The first night we used this We had to wake her up at 8am! She would not nap at home for more than 30 minutes... she is now 65 minutes into her nap and allowing me to write this review.
I was highly doubtful that it would work, but I so extremely happy right now.

We don't have a problem with load ticking at all nor the sound of the eyes opening, the monkey is big enough so that we can place him on a shelf so she can't reach, and I try not to let her see me setting it, because of previous reviews that said the kids learn it very quickly.
I bought this from Amazon and it has AM/PM clock and very clear instructions. Took me 3 minutes to do the initial set up
Pro: 1. The look is very appealing to the little ones
2. Use of batteries (3 AAA - not included) allows to move around without having to reset
3. AM/PM clock
4. You can close the back so that the child doesn't play with the buttons

Cons:
1. Only one alarm setting - would love to have a morning setting, and a naptime setting