Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Subscription Length: 1 year|Change
Price:$34.95+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 9, 2009
I LOVE this magazine, and more importantly my 2-year-old daughter LOVES this magazine. I agree with all the other rave reviews on this page. This is a GREAT magazine for toddlers!

I do want other parents to be aware of one thing, though. This company sold my daughter's name and address to other companies and we have begun to receive inappropriate consumer catalogs addressed to her. Because no other company has her address, I called customer service and spoke to a rep there. She told me that yes, they did sell my daughter's name and address. She then said she would remove my daughter's name from the list. I appreciated the admission, however, I thought other parents might want to be aware of this.

I wrote a similar review a few years back for Ladybug Magazine and lodged a complaint with the company about selling the addresses of little children. Sadly, their policy remains unchanged and I get even more [inappropriate] junk mail for my younger child.
1515 comments|242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2004
I have been receiving Babybug for 3 years now and my four year old daughter still enjoys every issue. The repeated charaters (Kim and Carrots) get her excited and help bring a flow from magazine to magazine. The short stories and illustrations are lovely.
The only reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is that my daughter did not start enjoying this magazine until she was 18 to 24 months (not 6 months as is suggested by the age). Now my two year old son is enjoying the stories as well as my daughter. I plan to use these as "early readers" for my daughter as the are fast reads.
on March 19, 2006
I noticed in another review that someone didn't think Old King Cole was an appropriate choice for a baby book because of the "pipe," but I thought I'd mention (since my baby LOVES Babybug-- at 25 months, she still picks these books off the shelf all the time) that the illustration accompanying this classic, unavoidable Mother Goose rhyme clearly shows that Old King Cole has bubble soap in his "bowl" and is blowing bubbles with his "pipe." This actually makes way more sense to me than most other Old King Cole illustrations (why does an old king need a bowl and a pipe? not to mention his fiddlers three), and I finally have an explanation for why he would want a pipe in the first place!

I have friends that find Babybug too simplistic and therefore annoying, but, hello, it is written for babies and they really respond to it. For that reason, I give a big thumbs up to this magazine.
on July 5, 2008
I got this subscription for my daughter when she was 6 months old. She loved them. They're small enough to put in the bathroom, so I would put her on the toilet and we'd read every morning after breakfast. The poems are catchy and the illustrations are interesting so I don't mind reading them over and over again. They are a higher quality than most children's magazines, too, which means my daughter doesn't tear them to shreds.

I would give Babybug four stars if they released an issue every month (12 per year rather than 9), or if they brought the price down to under $30.
on March 1, 2016
Wonderful magazine for young children. My only negative is that, for the money, I thought there would be more pages per issue. So I'd give the magazine content 5 stars, but dropped it one because it's not a good value.
on November 20, 2015
I bought a single issue to find out if it was appropriate for my two-year-old grandson. His mother says he loved that issue. The first morning she showed it to him, they had to read it ten times. She said that within the first week they had it, they read it twenty times. That sounds like a success to me. I will likely order a subscription now.
on June 4, 2014
We ordered Babybug for our now-4 year old when she was a toddler and loved it. The Kim & Carrots feature is great, while the illustrations and the other poems and short pieces were hit-or-miss. Overall, she loved it. We recently ordered it again for our 18-month old and are disappointed with some of the additions The publisher has added lots of "helpful" content for caregivers or notes directing readers to websites. These "helpful" notes are distracting. Overall, still a worthwhile purchase for a toddler.
on November 11, 2015
We got this as a gift for my sons second birthday, they are cute, but very simple. My son is now 2 1/2 and is well beyond this magazine. I think this would have been better for his first birthday. He is very verbal and these stories are very short and basic for him. We read much much longer and more interesting stories daily. I do, however enjoy them for him to look at in the car by himself. I keep the past issues in the car and it works out well. Decent magazine, but wished he had received Ladybug instead at his age. I'm sure every kid is different though.
on November 10, 2006
It's cute for young children under two. My 18 month old daughter enjoys me reading the stories, almost every night, there's not many stories in it, but she doesn't seem to mind that. I animate them for her and she thinks it's great. Definitely age appropriate, not too many words per page. A couple pages have been ripped out already but I reglued them to the spine with wood glue, which works great. Now it seems sturdier for her rough play. But the pages themselves are nice and thick so they haven't torn at all. It is smaller than I pictured it though, a little square booklet, but it's been great for us.
on September 16, 2014
My baby really enjoys reading this magazine. The "articles" are very short (seems to be about 4 page maximum for each story). The paper is a sort of glossy cardstock. It is foldable but not easy to tear. Our first issue did not arrive in any type of envelope, and I would have preferred some type of wrapper over the magazine to keep it clean and protected during mailing ... since it is for a baby! Also, there are several tear out post cards within for subscriptions. I wish those were not included because they take away from the enjoyment of the magazine, even after they are torn out it is obvious that something was there. Lastly, I wish the pictures were more vibrant. In our first issue, the colors were dark in most of the stories.