5.0 out of 5 stars Easy does it!
I prefer this hand sanitizer over one like Purell because it's easier on my hands. I have a 2-month old and go thru a lot of hand sanitizer!
Published on October 3, 2012 by bostonreview

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked into it, here's what I found...
Published 11 months ago by Elizabeth Mack

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked into it, here's what I found..., January 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After reading some frightening reviews here about the active ingredient being toxic, I went to the manufacturer's website to look for proof that their products are safe. When you check out the BabyGanics website, there are a lot of "warm and fuzzy" words making you feel like their products, developed by two dads, are super-safe. If you click on the link that says "Meet Our Trusted Advisors," you find one doctor listed. I didn't find anything on the website that made me forget about the reviews siting credible references that indicated the main ingredient (Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1%) is toxic. I Googled it myself in hopes of finding proof that it was safe to use. What I found is that benzalkonium chloride is also used as a processing aid on lettuce and carrots. It is approved by the FDA for that use. It's also used in many shampoos and cosmetics.

Our family has tried the BabyGanics hand sanitizer out for a couple weeks now, and we actually like the texture of it, and the way it doesn't tear your skin up by drying it out. Better than that, though, is that you don't pass out from the alcohol smell (no alcohol in it) or the fragrance (no fragrance in it). A family member is an asthmatic, and other hand sanitizers have caused problems before. It is a relief that we found one that doesn't bother him.

So our conclusion is that we are going to continue to use it, on a limited basis. We keep it in our vehicle for use on the road, and we are quite satisfied with it. Also, when we have "hospital days," where we are in doctor's offices and hospitals all day, we are happy to have BabyGanics with us to try to keep all the other germs away.

Reports have shown that soap and water are better than hand sanitizers, and that you should wash your hands for at least 24 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice). You should wash ALL of your hands, in between fingers, and the fingernails as well. If you can't get to soap and water (hot water, by the way), then a hand sanitizer is better than nothing, and we think that the BabyGanics hand sanitizer is a good choice for us. Thanks for reading this review. I hope it helped someone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells great...but not benzlkonium chloride free, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Babyganics Alcohol-Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer, Fragrance Free, 8.45oz Pump Bottle (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I bought this product to use for hand santizing when interacting with infants. It smells great and santizes as indicated. However, it is *not* benzlkonium chloride free. Benzlkonium chloride may have safety issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work as promised, December 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am of two minds about this product. On the one hand, I think people overuse anti-microbial cleansers and as a society we are likely to pay for that in the long run. Further, other reviewers here have noted that the particular toxins in this product kill fish and may be mutagenic.

That said, we put it out at kids' birthday parties, as when you have dozens of young children running around, and eating food with their fingers, parents appreciate seeing it. And for those worried about allergic reactions, I can report only that nobody in my household has found this stuff to be at all irritating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy does it!, October 3, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and Excellent Hand Sanitizer, January 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very gentle and effective hand sanitizer with a light and pleasant smell. On the product alone, I very much enjoyed it; it gets your hands clean and fresh quickly. If you're used to alcohol-based hand sanitizers then you need to be careful of how much product you use. A little goes a long way with this product. If you use too much then your hands will be a soppy mess, since there's no alcohol to evaporate.

In addition to killing germs, this product moisturizes lightly and has a pleasant citrus fragrance that's not overbearing.

I also appreciate that this is a cruelty-free product that's made without parabens, phthalates, toxins, and synthetic fragrances. Some consumers care about that and some don't.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective and environmentally-friendly hand sanitizer. Just be mindful of using too much product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't leave hands feeling coated or yucky, June 16, 2014
My problem with most hand sanitizers is that after using them, my hands feel gross, like I still want to wash them. This stuff leaves hands feeling clean, with no coating - I don't feel the need to constantly wipe off my hands after using it. I keep a bottle in the car and use it frequently. One bottle will last a LONG time. And it's alcohol free so I don't worry about putting it on my kids' hands, either. Two mom-thumbs way up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't leave residue, May 8, 2013
I love this hand sanitizer because it doesn't smell funny or leave a funny residue on your hands like some of the other hand sanitizers.

I mean why do they even have a residue if they're made from alcohol? Just saying...

It does take longer to dry your hands but I prefer it hands down to any of the others I that I've tried working at a school surrounded by germs, I've tried a number of hand sanitizers.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice...foams well and kids love it!, December 31, 2013
Scout Leader (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this...one pump is just enough foam to do the job on little hands and just a tad more for bigger ones. It is not sticky or goopy like a lot of hand sanitizers that you have to rub and rub to make "go away". It has a very mild citrus smell that does not linger. I have this all over the house and one in the car. I like it so much, I haven't looked at what's in it, which is unlike me. (skeptic that I am). Not just for kids, either. I'd buy it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTAL SURPRISE!!, December 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok.. so i am totally and utterly surprised by this so far........ i hate hate hate using the anti bacterial pumps that are out there. A) alcohol killing the germs (which is the prime ingredeient in other brands) is like swatting a fly with a tank b) it dries out your skin and isnt good to it c) leaves residue so if you forget and are eating after it - be prepared to taste it!

this stuff is great. it foams - which i love. its not as runny as the other goop out there, it has NO smell AT ALL! NOTHING! It doesnt contain alcohol, and leaves no film on your hands either. Its a good size bottle of it and id rather pay the little more $$ to get this. In fact im going to buy some for my whole family.

please everyone, use it as needed tho and dont bathe in it and remember this doesnt replace soap. where i work (FDA) we see tons of reports and studies about how anti bacterial everything is related to an uptick in resistant strains of super bugs.
ill use this stuff after a gas pump, handling cash, or right before eating if theres no restroom.

GET IT. TRY IT. LOVE IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fragrance, no complaints so far, December 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far, I really like this hand sanitizer. The fragrance is pleasant, my hands don't feel dry after using it. My only complaint would be that a full depression of the pump gives FAR too much product for an adults hands. Overall, a product I would use regularly and recommend.