5.0 out of 5 stars Easy does it!
I prefer this hand sanitizer over one like Purell because it's easier on my hands. I have a 2-month old and go thru a lot of hand sanitizer!
Published 23 months ago by bostonreview

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked into it, here's what I found...
Published 7 months ago by Elizabeth Mack

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked into it, here's what I found..., January 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After reading some frightening reviews here about the active ingredient being toxic, I went to the manufacturer's website to look for proof that their products are safe. When you check out the BabyGanics website, there are a lot of "warm and fuzzy" words making you feel like their products, developed by two dads, are super-safe. If you click on the link that says "Meet Our Trusted Advisors," you find one doctor listed. I didn't find anything on the website that made me forget about the reviews siting credible references that indicated the main ingredient (Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1%) is toxic. I Googled it myself in hopes of finding proof that it was safe to use. What I found is that benzalkonium chloride is also used as a processing aid on lettuce and carrots. It is approved by the FDA for that use. It's also used in many shampoos and cosmetics.

Our family has tried the BabyGanics hand sanitizer out for a couple weeks now, and we actually like the texture of it, and the way it doesn't tear your skin up by drying it out. Better than that, though, is that you don't pass out from the alcohol smell (no alcohol in it) or the fragrance (no fragrance in it). A family member is an asthmatic, and other hand sanitizers have caused problems before. It is a relief that we found one that doesn't bother him.

So our conclusion is that we are going to continue to use it, on a limited basis. We keep it in our vehicle for use on the road, and we are quite satisfied with it. Also, when we have "hospital days," where we are in doctor's offices and hospitals all day, we are happy to have BabyGanics with us to try to keep all the other germs away.

Reports have shown that soap and water are better than hand sanitizers, and that you should wash your hands for at least 24 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice). You should wash ALL of your hands, in between fingers, and the fingernails as well. If you can't get to soap and water (hot water, by the way), then a hand sanitizer is better than nothing, and we think that the BabyGanics hand sanitizer is a good choice for us. Thanks for reading this review. I hope it helped someone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells great...but not benzlkonium chloride free, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Babyganics Alcohol Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer, Fragrance Free, 8.45-Fluid Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2), Packaging May Vary (Health and Beauty)
I bought this product to use for hand santizing when interacting with infants. It smells great and santizes as indicated. However, it is *not* benzlkonium chloride free. Benzlkonium chloride may have safety issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work as promised, December 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am of two minds about this product. On the one hand, I think people overuse anti-microbial cleansers and as a society we are likely to pay for that in the long run. Further, other reviewers here have noted that the particular toxins in this product kill fish and may be mutagenic.

That said, we put it out at kids' birthday parties, as when you have dozens of young children running around, and eating food with their fingers, parents appreciate seeing it. And for those worried about allergic reactions, I can report only that nobody in my household has found this stuff to be at all irritating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy does it!, October 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Orange You Glad You Found This!, December 26, 2013
NyiNya "NyiNya" (It was broken when I got here...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about BabyGanics Foaming Hand Sanitizer is the tangerine aroma. It's so delicious, it actually made my mouth water. Very fresh, very genuine. And the sanitizer is very nice as well.

What is unusual about BabyGanics hand sanitizer is the foaming. I kind of like it...it isn't drippy or syrupy. It does take about ten second to dry, but that's not too bad...you just have to keep wiping your hands together until it evaporates. As you do this, you get even more of the tangerine scent, which is a fragrant little bonus. Even better, although the scent is certainly unmistakable, it's not overpowering and as soon as the sanitizer evaporates, the scent is gone too.

BabyGanics is designed for children's hands, so I'm assuming it is gentle. I did not find it at all drying. There is no alcohol, so you don't need to apply lotion immediately afterward, or watch your hands crinkle up into something usually found at the end of a chicken's legs. It feels very gentle when you apply it, no stinging, just a quick hit of moisture, and then gone. After you use it, your hands are soft, the skin is pliant. I would not forego the moisturizer, but if you're out shopping, in the car, whatever, you don't need to schlep a bottle of Ponds or Jergens with you. Just moisturize a couple of times a day, which you should be doing anyway.

BabyGanics "Germinator" Hand Sanitizer also seems to work. I've used this for about a month, almost every day, usually more than once a day, and have pretty much emptied the dispenser. So far, no contagious diseases have assaulted me, nor have I passed my cooties on to some poor unfortunate.

I'd not only give this five big germ-free stars, I'd also recommend getting a couple of bottles and getting rid of all other hand-sanitizers. Stick a jar in the garage, one in your purse, one in the car, one in your desk. Maybe I'm a bit germ phobic, but remember how your momma was right about most things...and didn't she always say "Don't touch that...don't pick that up...put that down...You don't know where it has been!" She didn't and you don't. Why take chances. Use the BabyGanics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: benzalkonium chloride is toxic!!!!!, September 4, 2011
I did a little bit research about this ingredient. It's very very toxic. Look for yourself below at the wiki safety summary.

ADBAC is highly toxic to fish (LC50 = 280 'g ai/L), very highly toxic to aquatic invertebrates (LC50 = 5.9 'g ai/L), moderately toxic to birds (LD50 = 136 mg/kg-bw), and slightly toxic to mammals (LD50 = 430 mg/kg-bw).[5] Benzalkonium chloride solutions of 10% or more are toxic to humans, causing irritation to the skin and mucosa, and death if taken internally.[6]

Several studies have identified allergic reactions to benzalkonium chloride by some individuals[7][8][9][10][11][12][13] but several studies have cast doubt on its reputation for other negative health effects.[14][15] It is still widely used in eyewashes, nasal sprays, hand and face washes, mouthwashes, spermicidal creams, and in various other cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants. Manufacturers of over-the-counter artificial tears and eye washes became concerned about chemical sensitivity from long-term daily use and have in some products substituted EDTA as a preservative. Some have packaged eye drops in single-use vials with no preservative[16] for sensitive eyes. There has also been concern that long-term use of benzalkonium as a preservative in nasal sprays may cause swelling of mucosa and lead to rhinitis medicamentosa. Although some studies have found no correlation between use of benzalkonium chloride in nasal sprays and rhinitis medicamentosa,[17] others have found benzalkonium chloride in oxymetazoline nasal spray to worsen rhinitis medicamentosa in healthy volunteers after both long-term use[18][19] and short-term use.[20]

Contact lens solutions typically contain 0.002% to 0.01% benzalkonium chloride.[21] K. C. Swan[22] found that repeated use of benzalkonium chloride at concentrations of 1:5000 (0.02%) or stronger can denature corneal protein and cause irreversible damage to the eye. Swan also found that 0.04% to 0.05% solutions of benzalkonium chloride can cause punctures of the corneal epithelium. The disadvantages of using benzalkonium chloride solutions with contact lenses are also discussed in the literature.[23] [24]

A disinfectant containing benzalkonium chloride and the related compound didecyldimethylammonium chloride (DDAC) has been identified as the most probable cause of birth defects and fertility problems in caged mice.[25]

A 2009 study has found that benzalkonium chloride, when used in less than lethal concentrations, resulted in an increased resistance to the disinfectant solution, and a 256-fold increase in resistance of the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa to the ciprofloxacin antibiotic, even though the bacterial colonies had not been previously exposed to the antibiotic.[26]

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading...Not Organic at all!, March 14, 2012
E. Manacker (Los Angeles, Ca) - See all my reviews
The whole line of Babyganics is misleading using the term "ganics" making consumer think this product is "organic" or at least that they have "organic" components. Once I took a look at the ingredients I realized none of the ingredients in any of the products they make are "organic." Some ingredients may come from natural sources but you cannot ensure that those natural items have not been treated with chemicals or pesticides if they are not certified organic.
If you want real organic bath and body products check out any product at organicconsumer.org

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and Excellent Hand Sanitizer, January 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very gentle and effective hand sanitizer with a light and pleasant smell. On the product alone, I very much enjoyed it; it gets your hands clean and fresh quickly. If you're used to alcohol-based hand sanitizers then you need to be careful of how much product you use. A little goes a long way with this product. If you use too much then your hands will be a soppy mess, since there's no alcohol to evaporate.

In addition to killing germs, this product moisturizes lightly and has a pleasant citrus fragrance that's not overbearing.

I also appreciate that this is a cruelty-free product that's made without parabens, phthalates, toxins, and synthetic fragrances. Some consumers care about that and some don't.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective and environmentally-friendly hand sanitizer. Just be mindful of using too much product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice...foams well and kids love it!, December 31, 2013
Scout Leader (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this...one pump is just enough foam to do the job on little hands and just a tad more for bigger ones. It is not sticky or goopy like a lot of hand sanitizers that you have to rub and rub to make "go away". It has a very mild citrus smell that does not linger. I have this all over the house and one in the car. I like it so much, I haven't looked at what's in it, which is unlike me. (skeptic that I am). Not just for kids, either. I'd buy it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTAL SURPRISE!!, December 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok.. so i am totally and utterly surprised by this so far........ i hate hate hate using the anti bacterial pumps that are out there. A) alcohol killing the germs (which is the prime ingredeient in other brands) is like swatting a fly with a tank b) it dries out your skin and isnt good to it c) leaves residue so if you forget and are eating after it - be prepared to taste it!

this stuff is great. it foams - which i love. its not as runny as the other goop out there, it has NO smell AT ALL! NOTHING! It doesnt contain alcohol, and leaves no film on your hands either. Its a good size bottle of it and id rather pay the little more $$ to get this. In fact im going to buy some for my whole family.

please everyone, use it as needed tho and dont bathe in it and remember this doesnt replace soap. where i work (FDA) we see tons of reports and studies about how anti bacterial everything is related to an uptick in resistant strains of super bugs.
ill use this stuff after a gas pump, handling cash, or right before eating if theres no restroom.

GET IT. TRY IT. LOVE IT.