5.0 out of 5 stars Best blow dryer ever!
Published on January 27, 2011 by T. Le

3.0 out of 5 stars Some minor design flaws, but pretty good!
Published on August 17, 2011 by EGB

5.0 out of 5 stars Best blow dryer ever!, January 27, 2011
T. Le (Helotes, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babylis Pro BABTT5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer (Misc.)
I never blow dry my hair because I hate the way my hair feels after. It just made my hair a big, uncontrolled mess while damaging it at the same time. I straighten my hair infrequently because it takes me too long (an hour) and the result is straight hair, but not very silky feeling. I got this blow dryer after my sister suggested it to me. I decided to give it a try and invest a bit into a blow dryer. It's worth every penny!!! It takes 10 to 15 minutes to completely dry my hair (I have very thick, medium to long wavy hair). My hair feels silky and soft and looks better than when I straighten it, only taking a quarter of the time! I couldn't stop touching my hair after the first time I used the blow dryer. The concentrator attachment is included (some of the other listings of this same product apparently didn't include it) and is quite useful when using a round brush.

You can continue doing your research for a great blow dryer, but there is seriously no need to look further! This is the best blow dryer I've ever used and would buy it again in a heart beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hair Dryer I've Ever Had!, July 29, 2011
I bought this hair dryer after my hair stylist had recently purchased one, so I was able to try it before buying it. It has everything I love in how a hair dryer should function: (1) a concentrated air stream that really moves your hair around and dries it quickly, (2) ample temperature and speed selections, and (3) a motor that isn't high pitched or hurts your ears.

(1) The airflow is very strong--I don't even have to use the concentrator nozzle on the dryer in order to get the right amount of airflow directed at my hair.

(2) There are 3 temperature settings (hot, warm, cool) and 2 speeds (high, low). There is also a cold button you can press and hold at anytime to stop all heat and set your style.

(3) Last but not least, the sound of the motor is very low pitched and does not make my ears ring afterwards. So many hair dryers have such high pitched motors that they can really damage your ears. This dryer is excellent in not producing such ear piercing sounds.

I recommend this hair dryer wholeheartedly. In fact, a friend and a family member who used mine ended up buying one for themselves!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ligthweight and Powerful, March 24, 2011
Previously I was using the Babyliss 2400 and loved it. Sadly it recently deceased after 7 wonderful years of use. I knew that I would replace it with another Babyliss and decided to give this one a try since the wattage was about the same and the price was right. I thought my previous dry was the best but this one is 10x better. It is powerful and lightweight. Easy to hold so it causes no strain in the wrist or hand. Has a 9 foot cord which is a bonus.

I am Latina and have thick, thick hair. The Tourmaline technology dries your hair quicker and leaves it frizz and static free. No one likes the ends of your hair sticking straight up. When using the right brush and hair dryer you can get a finish looked without using other hair appliances. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hair dryer, November 25, 2011
Was very surprised to get such a great hair dryer for such a low price. I originally went searching for the one with the Ferrari motor that's about $200. I went from an 1875 watt Conair to this (which is a 2000 watt-since I don't think that info is in the description). The difference is night & day. This dries my hair in half the time as my other. I have a huge problem with frizz & split ends-after using this dryer my hair was smooth, full, sleek & frizz-free after blow drying it.....and it is no louder than my last hair dryer-just more powerful. I never write reviews but felt this hair dryer was worth the time since I am so pleased with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some minor design flaws, but pretty good!, August 17, 2011
I ordered this hairdryer originally for my mom who was desperate for a new hairdryer. She said she loved it but that the snap on nosepiece did not stay on very well (she ended up taping it on). I ordered it for myself a few weeks ago and have definitely noticed an improvement over my older hairdryer. I cannot confidently claim that it will change your hair for the better, but it certainly did cut down on drying time and isn't extremely loud. I like that there are three temperature settings available - however, the switches are right where your fingers and thumb land when you're holding the device, so I often press the switches on accident. Minor flaw, but something to consider.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a PRO!!!, April 6, 2011
Love it!!! seems like the ones used in the salon... very hot air and a lot pressure!!! I would buy this product over and over again. You get SO MUCH what it worth...

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 22, 2012
I should have listened to the reviews about the concentrator popping off. It did it for me as well. Caution, it is very very hot when you pick it up to reattach it to the blow dryer. Returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Blow Dryer!, April 22, 2011
KG (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This is an amazing hair dryer! Usually after using hair dryers my hair looks dry and frizzy. I have naturally wavy/hard to manage hair. I am not that great at blow drying or styling my hair, so I usually rely on the flat iron after I blow dry to tame it. I was so surprised after using the Babyliss hair dryer that my hair was soft, smooth and straight. It takes less time than my old dryer and doesn't feel as damaging. I don't need to use my flat iron anymore! Its taken 10 minutes off my morning routine.

My hair is thin and this dryer manages to tame my hair as well as giving it volume. I feel like I've stepped out a salon after I use it! Highly recommended!! I've been getting tons of compliments on my hair since getting it. Its a little pricey, but worth it!

One comment: When I first used it, I was surprised at how strong it was. It blows very hard. I am not normally one to use attachments but I recommend using the attachment it comes with. It helps funnel the flow of air and helps make it straight/smooth.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you use the nozzle, get another model., January 11, 2012
Update: After a few months with this blow dryer I had to downgrade my initial review from 4 stars to 2. The blow dryer is great when it comes to heat and power but the nozzle will not stay on the blow dryer. The problem tends to worsen the longer I have the dryer on, which is incredible frustrating, imagine spending 30 minutes blow drying your hair and every 5 minutes you have to stop, pick up the nozzle with a towel (it gets VERY hot during use) and affix it back to the dryer and resume what you were doing. It can also be dangerous. My daughter was almost hit by the hot nozzle when it popped off.

I will try to return the product but I anticipate I am stuck with it.

Original review:

After years with the same hair dryer I knew it was time to upgrade the hardware. I have medium length, naturally curly hair and I blow dry it straight about 50% of the time. I came across this brand after reading about the Ferrari model reviewed by InStyle in the fall. It about 200.00 that model looked great but I couldn't find a lot of customer reviews so I decided to try the brand on a lower price point first before committing to a more expensive model. I am glad that I did, saved myself about 150 bucks!

I really like this machine, light weight, powerful and great heat settings. It looks great as well. The cord is twist resistant which is a nice feature. The only area for improvement is the nozzle. This nozzle fits inside the rim of the blow dryer vs. over the shaft like some other models. If you use a round brush and apply too much pressure on your hair while drying you can pop the nozzle off. And man, is it hot to the touch! That being said this unit is much more powerful than my previous hair dryer so direct contact to the hair may be a habit I need to break anyway.

I don't know if I buy all of the ion frizz stuff but if you have curly hair and dry it in sections you should get a sleek, low frizz looks just by being patient with it. I highly recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, faulty product., May 16, 2012
I owned this dryer for 5 months and it stopped dispensing hot hair, thus becoming completely useless. It was a nightmare trying to refund the product even under warranty. The fan in the back isn't covered thoroughly and my long hair constantly become sucked in and tangled. I would not purchase this dryer again.

Babylis Pro BABTT5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer