Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 13, 2013
As a 50+ year old man I have no use for this machine.
My wife however states it works great and makes her hair silky smooth.
Having done extensive research on her silky hair, I'd have to say i's a winner.
44 comments|401 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2010
This is by far the best hair dryer I have EVER owned! My hairstylist uses it in her salon too and she agreed that amazon had the best price!
11 comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2010
This is absolutely worth the money. Like all women, I've gone thru a lot of hairdryers. This is the BEST one I've ever owned!
Pro's: very lightweight; easy to maneuver around, 3 different heat settings (HI, MED LO) and 2 differnt speeds (HI and LO); fits nicely in my hand (I have very small hands); the toggle switches are just the right stiffness and placement - I never accidentally turn it off or switch settings anymore; most of all...my hair dries really fast and shiny (I have long hair and I use a bit of thermal styling protection spray).
Con's: hmm...can't really think of anything major. The only con I can think of is the little nozzle attachment that comes with it. The attachment just sits on the end of the dryer, and is not really snug or tight. It sometimes pops off if I have the blower on HI speed and I point the nozzle straight down. The force of the air coming out "blows off" the little thing. but it's really minor.
All in all, I love it!
22 comments|185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2012
I could never understand why my hair didn't style at home like it did in the salon. I used my stylist's products down to the shampoo and conditioner. He told me it was probably my hairdryer and boy was he right. This is a great product. Noticed a difference the first day. Would not be without it. Hair dries smooth with no frizz and no damage.
11 comment|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2016
Been using whatever blow dryer that didn't break the bank, on my shoulder-length thick hair. Years & years of drying experience here. I always thought the curling iron or shampoo made all the difference. But reading the reviews on the Babyliss pro gave me pause.
I'd just spent $50 on a nice John Frieda the girl at Ulta said was good. Tried it out and it's the same ole thing. It's just a blow-dryer. Right?? No better than my old con-air. But I decided to see if there was any way the air would blow Better out from the highly rated Babyliss and I ordered it.
Skeptical much?? Oh my, yes.
I have some natural wave to my thick hair and the stylist somehow coaxes all this amazing curl out of it--she says its in the drying. So my new Babyliss arrived.
Wash. Condition. Dry a little. Mousse a little. Dry and scrunch.
Hmmm. Hair looks great. "Seemed..." To dry faster than usual. Nah.
Next try--same thing. Great hair. Fast dry.
My skepticism is fading fast. By the time a few weeks went by, I'm telling my husband that "Not all hot air is created equal!"
5 stars for a blow dryer. Craziness. And I didn't try the little nozzle thing at all. I may buy the separate diffuser but right now....I just love this lightweight-easy to use, dryer.
review image
on September 15, 2009
My daughter bought a Babyliss Pro several months ago and raved about it. So I decided to try it......she was RIGHT! This is a powerful but light hairdryer. Highly recommend!
on July 27, 2013
Just what I was looking for....ionic, 2000 watt and most of all light weight. I have trouble holding anything heavy above my head. This is light weight and yet very powerful. It dries my thick hear quickly.
on July 15, 2014
I noticed an instant difference in my hair with this dryer. It really smooths the cuticle reducing frizz and fly -aways. It flattens cowlicks and gives a salon-quality look. It's light, quiet, has a nice long cord and is well designed for handling. I've tried many hair dryers and this is by far the best one.
VINE VOICEon April 9, 2010
I love this hairdryer. It is not heavy, and it dries my hair much more quickly than the standard hairdryer brands I have used in the past. The only bad thing about is that the directional nozzle is a piece of junk and falls off all the time. I stopped trying to use the hairdryer with it.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2014
This hair dryer does dry your hair quickly and leave it shiny as advertised. However, my dryer stopped working after only 1.5 months! (I ordered it at the end of March, 2014 and it stopped working mid-May.) The reset/test box that plugs into the wall made a buzzing sound followed by a pop, and then black smoke started pouring out of it. I have never had this problem with any other electical appliance that I've plugged into that outlet. The manufacturer should recall this hair dryer. It is a fire hazard.
******
Adding an amendment to my earlier review... I just wanted to mention that I contacted Babyliss (Conair Corp.) about the problem that I had with this hair dryer. They had me send the dryer back to their repair facility in Texas, and they did replace dryer. I have had the replacement for a couple of months now, and it is still working. Interestingly, when the UPS driver came to my house with the return label (Conair couldn't send it via email), he told me that he "gets a lot of hair dryer returns to Conair." Great! The entire replacement process also took about 3 weeks, so I had to go out and buy another hair dryer in the mean time.

I would now rate this dryer as just OK. As others have noted, the placement of the rocker switches on the handle is terrible. It is really easy to turn the dryer off or change the heat setting accidentally while drying your hair. This dryer is also fairly heavy.

Now that I have two ionic hair dryers, I have to say that I *greatly* prefer the replacement dryer I bought at my favorite "bullseye" discount store ;) --a FHI Heat Technique Nano Weight Pro Tech 1850. The FHI is lighter, smaller, sturdier, has better controls, and works great!

Overall, I would not buy this dryer again. I would recommend FHI hair dryers instead.
*****
Adding another amendment because yesterday morning (2/2/15), the replacement hair dryer that I received from Conair failed in the same way. The reset/test box that plugs into the wall again made a buzzing sound, so I unplugged it immediately and threw the dryer into the trash. When I plugged my other hair dryer into the same outlet, it worked perfectly. I have never had an issue with any other electrical appliance plugged into that outlet. So, I can only conclude that the reset/test box on this model of Babyliss dryer is defective--and a fire hazard.
44 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse